Date: 20-04-24  Time: 16:51 pm

Author Topic: Stomp Grips for the Fazer8 / FZ8  (Read 2625 times)

FazerPete

• CBT Wobbler
    • Main bike:
      FZ8 11-
    • - Fazer 8 ABS
    • View Profile
Stomp Grips for the Fazer8 / FZ8
« on: 16 May 2012, 10:31:55 am »
It is becoming clear to me that the introduction of the Fazer 8 was not a huge success story in the UK - mostly I guess down to the price.  Just try and get hold of a set of stomp grips in the UK and you will find it impossible and be directed to a "universal" fit requiring you to "cut to size".  The American Yamaha "blurb" says they are the same as '06~'11 FZ1.  Maybe the American FZ1 but not the British! Trust me they are NOT.

See here:
 http://www.yamaha-motor.com/sport/accessories/acscitemdetail/5/535/2221/20973/all/1/8346/0/detail.aspx

The trouble is trying to find these in the UK.  The link on the web site sends you to Yamaha US.  If you search on e-bay for instance they look nothing like these!  I contacted my local Yamaha dealer (where I bought the bike) and they knew less than me.

So I googled the part number   ABA-0SS56-21-79  and had partial success but all the web sites are in the US.  The recommended retail price from Yamaha is $48.95.  The first seller I found wanted circa $150 postage!

Anyway, I plugged away amd found these guys:

http://www.boats.net/parts/detail/yamaha/Y-ABA-0SS56-21-79.html

They sell them for $41.26 and the postage to UK is $15.95 making a total of $57.21.  Could get sucked into an import duty hike I suppose but worth it to get a set of properly fitting tank AND side grips.

I have ordered today - will update you all when they arrive.

Voidoids

• Cager in Training
    • Main bike:
      FZ8 11-
    • View Profile
Re: Stomp Grips for the Fazer8 / FZ8
« Reply #1 on: 16 May 2012, 11:10:41 am »
Hey FazerPete,
I'm very interested in these too - Please do let us know how you get on...good homework by they way!
Cheers  :D

FazerPete

• CBT Wobbler
    • Main bike:
      FZ8 11-
    • - Fazer 8 ABS
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 16 May 2012, 11:14:14 am »
Will do  :lol .

Cheers

FazerPete

• CBT Wobbler
    • Main bike:
      FZ8 11-
    • - Fazer 8 ABS
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 14 June 2012, 12:32:09 pm »
Stomp Grips fitted.
NOT an exact fit - primarilly because the Fazer 8 US model is not the same as the European model.  The US Fazer 8 has the Fazer 1000 tank fitted!  Guess it's because the US market require a bigger tank for longer stopping distances between petrol stations?  Who knows.
Oh well, it was only a very slight adjustment that involved a slight "snipping".
Bit disappointed that not a perfect fit but good enough I suppose.