Date: 20-04-24  Time: 07:05 am

Author Topic: Fazer 8 Accessories  (Read 3004 times)

myfazer8

• CBT Wobbler
  • AKA Steve
    • Main bike:
      FZ8 11-
    • - Fazer 8 ABS
    • View Profile
Fazer 8 Accessories
« on: 19 April 2012, 07:23:24 am »
Hi guys, just thought i would post a message about fazer 8 accessories, why are they so expensive, over the past few weeks i have purchased a couple, i purchased a plastic seat cover replacement from yamaha at a cost of £166 colour coded, that seems a bit expensive for what it is, but hey it looks good on the bike. My bike goes in for its first service on 27th this month and am having a main stand fitted, at a cost of £160 fitted! i will soon be getting another two pieces of colour coded plastic parts ( Sub Cowling ) also £160 can you see a pattern here lol. i checked today for Roller Protectors these are £109 for the pair, oh but they do have FZ8 stamped on them lol. so since having the bike, i would have spent nearly £600 on accessories! :eek .
there you go, just thought i would let you all know lol
regards steve

Enjoying life, hate the fact that im not getting any younger!!!    Also why is there never anybody in the Chat room, hate talking to myself!

Phil

• WSB Pack Hound
    • Main bike:
      Fazer8
    • View Profile
Re: Fazer 8 Accessories
« Reply #1 on: 25 April 2012, 07:33:44 pm »
I bought most of my extras at cost price + a bit when I bought the bike in 2010 when the price of the bike itself was higher than it is now.

The most reasonably priced recent addition last September of rack and top box (made by Givi) for £200 for both.

myfazer8

• CBT Wobbler
  • AKA Steve
    • Main bike:
      FZ8 11-
    • - Fazer 8 ABS
    • View Profile
Re: Fazer 8 Accessories
« Reply #2 on: 25 April 2012, 07:44:17 pm »
i phil, sounds like you had a result mate, my bike goes in for its first service on friday, having a main stand fitted at the same time, also they will be looking at the headlight mod they done a couple of weeks ago. had my bike done so both dipped headlights come on instead of just one side, but the main beam side turn off when main beam is on like its supposed to  :D

Regards steve
Enjoying life, hate the fact that im not getting any younger!!!    Also why is there never anybody in the Chat room, hate talking to myself!