Date: 28-03-24  Time: 21:16 pm

Author Topic: caroline flack  (Read 7106 times)

ogri48

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - XJR1300 , evo fatty
    • View Profile
caroline flack
« on: 15 February 2020, 06:04:56 pm »
beautifull. rich. we tend to think these people have it all, but they dont. dead at forty. suicide on valentines day. jesus… :\

Stinka

• Weekend Warrior
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
Re: caroline flack
« Reply #1 on: 15 February 2020, 06:20:04 pm »
Yeah it’s pretty shocking this whole debacle

dazza

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - MT10
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 15 February 2020, 09:38:18 pm »
By all accounts MSM again has much to answer for.

Why anyone believes anything the MSM says is beyond me.

RIP. Another life taken too soon.

VNA - BMW Wank

• BMW Wank
  • GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - BMW R1250R Honda C90
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 15 February 2020, 09:54:09 pm »
Why anyone believes anything the MSM says is beyond me.
I think you are referring to the gutter press.
I don't know who she is, but I wouldn't be surpised if she's the lastest victim of the gutter press.
RIP.

robbo

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - Mk 1 Speed Triple
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 15 February 2020, 11:57:48 pm »
Her boyfriend didn't want to press charges, so the CPS must have a few questions to answer. The Love Island program has now been associated with 3 young suicides. What the foc is happening to young people nowadays. RIP Caroline.
Whizz kid sitting pretty on his two wheeled stallion.

celticbiker

• Club Racer
    • Main bike:
      Fazer8
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 16 February 2020, 10:45:21 am »
It's the way of the world nowadays. People's self worth is measured by the opinions and perceived lifestyle of others.
I have a tale to tell along these lines of an early example of the perfect life gone tragically wrong but it'll take a while to type up.
(\__/) This is bunny. Copy and paste
(x'.'x) bunny onto your page to help
(")-(") him gain world domination!

darrsi

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 16 February 2020, 11:26:24 am »
Her boyfriend didn't want to press charges, so the CPS must have a few questions to answer. The Love Island program has now been associated with 3 young suicides. What the foc is happening to young people nowadays. RIP Caroline.

The CPS did nothing wrong or out of the ordinary.
A serious assault took place in which the police got involved, and the reason the CPS take over is because in the past many victims, male or female, were way too scared to press charges for fear of any further trouble towards them.
So now if the matter is deemed serious enough the CPS take full control regardless, to remove the pressure and blame from the victims, so that they can't be influenced in any way, which i think is the right way to do things.
As for the media, we all know that they can make or break anyone whenever it takes their fancy, and i think that those who work in that industry don't really have a conscience the same as most half decent people.

Bit weird her fella was on holiday on Valentines Day, he could've planned that one a bit better, but there are no doubt many factors that contributed to her way of thinking resulting in this tragic outcome.
Very sad.  :(
More people are born because of alcohol than will ever die from it.

agricola

• GP Hero
  • Man on a mission
    • Main bike:
      FZ6 S2 07-09
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 16 February 2020, 11:48:01 am »
Id never heard of her, or seen Love Island. Does the death of a tv presenter justify so much mainstream coverage? Or a sad reflection of society today that someone who simply presents a tv programme is idolised to that extent. Darrsi makes sound point regarding the CPS

darrsi

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 16 February 2020, 12:19:29 pm »
Id never heard of her, or seen Love Island. Does the death of a tv presenter justify so much mainstream coverage? Or a sad reflection of society today that someone who simply presents a tv programme is idolised to that extent. Darrsi makes sound point regarding the CPS

She's been in loads of shows, going as far back as Bo Selecta nearly 20 years ago, but also hosted many programs that have an acquired taste, which is why it would be understandable if you didn't know her.
Shows like Celebrity Jungle, Strictly Come Dancing, which she presented AND personally won it as a competitor too, and Love Island are most certainly not my cup of tea and i would never watch them, whereas other people can't get enough of all of them so she would be very familiar to them. 

ogri48

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - XJR1300 , evo fatty
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 16 February 2020, 03:18:17 pm »
yeah good point well made about the cps darrsi

darrsi

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 16 February 2020, 03:42:07 pm »
yeah good point well made about the cps darrsi

They don't make these decisions lightly, in fact it's more likely that they don't pursue a case unless they have more than enough evidence to make it all worth while in court.

Gnasher

• Foc-u Brake Doctor
  • GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • - ZX10R, XJR1300, X10, GSF1000GT
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 16 February 2020, 06:41:40 pm »
Bull shite, reality TV........ complete rubbish  :2guns

Our civilisation is reaching sort of where the Romans were 100 odd years before it all collapsed, they had gladiators killing each other for entertainment. Now we have crap TV like Love Island, big brother and alike that drives what are in my opinion, desperate, vulnerable, adults to sign up to be abused and humiliated by bullies, or has been celebrities desperate to get back into the lime light, for entertainment. 

Sadly this isn't the first death connected to one of these shows, could well be the first death of a host.  I feel sorry for the families. 

Utter crap TV       
Later

VNA - BMW Wank

• BMW Wank
  • GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - BMW R1250R Honda C90
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 16 February 2020, 06:57:15 pm »

As for the media, we all know that they can make or break anyone whenever it takes their fancy, and i think that those who work in that industry don't really have a conscience the same as most half decent people.
You mean the decent people who buy their crap.  The decent people who consume a diet of reality TV.  The same decent people who take to social media to express their outrage or whatever.
Bull shite, reality TV........ complete rubbish 
Absolutely and completely agree.  But of course feed the masses crap and they'll no notice how much they are being shafted.

« Last Edit: 16 February 2020, 06:57:52 pm by VNA »

vinnyb

• WSB Pack Hound
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 16 February 2020, 06:57:58 pm »
Bull shite, reality TV........ complete rubbish  :2guns

Our civilisation is reaching sort of where the Romans were 100 odd years before it all collapsed, they had gladiators killing each other for entertainment. Now we have crap TV like Love Island, big brother and alike that drives what are in my opinion, desperate, vulnerable, adults to sign up to be abused and humiliated by bullies, or has been celebrities desperate to get back into the lime light, for entertainment. 

Sadly this isn't the first death connected to one of these shows, could well be the first death of a host.  I feel sorry for the families. 

Utter crap TV       

I thought the Roman Empire collapsed longer ago than that, but then I must admit, I didn't find history that interesting when I was at school.  :lol
« Last Edit: 16 February 2020, 06:58:45 pm by vinnyb »

HarryHornby

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 17 February 2020, 07:33:44 am »
I buggered up the quote thing but, to reply to Darrsi's quote below:

"Bit weird her fella was on holiday on Valentines Day, he could've planned that one a bit better, but there are no doubt many factors that contributed to her way of thinking resulting in this tragic outcome.
Very sad.  :(  "

The CPS had stopped them seeing each other.  Her sister had tried to get the CPS to change the bail conditions to allow them to spend Christmas together but she was denied.  Those same bail conditions were in place up until the day she died.
« Last Edit: 17 February 2020, 07:35:10 am by HarryHornby »
Money doesn't buy happiness, but it buys beer, and that helps!

Gnasher

• Foc-u Brake Doctor
  • GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • - ZX10R, XJR1300, X10, GSF1000GT
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 17 February 2020, 08:06:13 am »
  I thought the Roman Empire collapsed longer ago than that, but then I must admit, I didn't find history that interesting when I was at school.  :lol

Now's the time to catch up mate  :) it started slowly, driven by greed for guess what......... yep money and profit.  Cuts, cuts and yep more cuts, over a 150 odd years or so, eventually they reached a point were the legions, now mainly made up of auxiliaries (cheaper soldiers not Roman) city and settlements that sprung up to gather/grow/dominate and the trade routes to them could no longer be kept open.  Lowering of standards, ever more corruption, Tribes/peoples like the Vandals (Germans, hay up wake world you're going to be hearing more about these in the next 1300yrs!) these were the biggest of a several.  Way to complicated to list here, but the similarities with what we've got today is pretty striking and unless we do something pretty quick, we in the Western world will go the same way, Daesh or ISIS mean anything to you! 
« Last Edit: 17 February 2020, 07:47:47 pm by Gnasher »
Later

darrsi

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 17 February 2020, 04:38:00 pm »
She presented the series Gladiators too.
Just saying....  :lol

fazersharp

• GP Hero
  • 10 stone Racing Snake
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 17 February 2020, 05:06:48 pm »
What is shocking is that 11 people have contributed to a post about a reality tv personality and yet only about 9 people have contributed to the political thread that Graham started - and half of them only posted to to ask for it to be locked  :eek   
I don't do rain or threat there of. dry rider only with no shame.

darrsi

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 17 February 2020, 06:46:43 pm »
What is shocking is that 11 people have contributed to a post about a reality tv personality and yet only about 9 people have contributed to the political thread that Graham started - and half of them only posted to to ask for it to be locked  :eek

And rightly so, what a load of shite that post turned into.

darrsi

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 17 February 2020, 06:54:15 pm »
I buggered up the quote thing but, to reply to Darrsi's quote below:

"Bit weird her fella was on holiday on Valentines Day, he could've planned that one a bit better, but there are no doubt many factors that contributed to her way of thinking resulting in this tragic outcome.
Very sad.  :(  "

The CPS had stopped them seeing each other.  Her sister had tried to get the CPS to change the bail conditions to allow them to spend Christmas together but she was denied.  Those same bail conditions were in place up until the day she died.

I never knew that as i would only generally glance over the story then move on, as i thought it was just another celebrity domestic row.
As time goes on more about the scenario is slowly being leaked and it seems she was quite troubled, and the whole affair had hit a raw nerve.
Still sad whatever angle you look at things though.

Dudeofrude

• GP Hero
  • Rude, Crude and Tattooed
    • Main bike:
      FZ1 Naked Gen2
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 17 February 2020, 07:09:25 pm »
What annoys me is the fact that someone relatively famous couldn't take the pressure and killed herself and the whole media goes into a frenzy, 8 stories on the sky news app about her. Yet some poor guy drowns in the floods and they dont even care to mention his name in the single article they wrote about it.
I know it's sad in either case but why is her life more important than his 🤷‍♂️

ogri48

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - XJR1300 , evo fatty
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 17 February 2020, 07:57:51 pm »
I cant help but agree. and if it had been the other way around, if the guy had battered her and left her blood all over the bedroom, what do we all think the media and public would be saying if he killed himself to avoid the court hearing?

fazersharp

• GP Hero
  • 10 stone Racing Snake
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 17 February 2020, 08:32:45 pm »
BBC had one of those black backgrounds with the dates and a photo of her - like they do for well known actors, a bit sickening when they too played their part in hounding her in the same report hey also showed some bbc footage of her surrounded by press and cameras and then the report over the footage they were calling it a "media scrum" - when they were there and part of it.

Seems to be a lot of journalists falling over themselves backtracking
I don't do rain or threat there of. dry rider only with no shame.

darrsi

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 17 February 2020, 09:02:00 pm »
BBC had one of those black backgrounds with the dates and a photo of her - like they do for well known actors, a bit sickening when they too played their part in hounding her in the same report hey also showed some bbc footage of her surrounded by press and cameras and then the report over the footage they were calling it a "media scrum" - when they were there and part of it.

Seems to be a lot of journalists falling over themselves backtracking

Yeah, you're not wrong there!

VNA - BMW Wank

• BMW Wank
  • GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - BMW R1250R Honda C90
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 17 February 2020, 10:04:24 pm »

Umm no.  A high-profile public figure appears in court on serious assault charges…….  Why is that you think this should not be reported?  BBC just doing it’s job.

However, I don’t think the BBC goes in for muck racking, gutter journalism, cheque book journalism or phone and email hacking for example.

I do not believe that the BBC can be accused of playing any role, or having had any influence on these recent sad events.  To suggest so is a bit silly.

Not that I am saying they don’t ever over step the mark or get it wrong.  They rightly got screwed over their reporting of Cliff Richard.