Date: 24-04-24  Time: 18:37 pm

Author Topic: Peugeot gearbox replacement  (Read 1122 times)

Panthor

• Club Racer
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
Peugeot gearbox replacement
« on: 06 November 2013, 11:31:12 am »
Just wondering if anyone here can help. Gearbox on my 307 1.6 petrol sounds like its on its last legs. Been searching the internet for a while for any kind of gearbox replacement guides. Anyone here done one of these? Or know of any special tool that's required. Don't wana buy a box and start it to then not be able to do it. Thanks

Frosties

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • - Tiger 900, CBF 1000,Bandit 650
    • View Profile
Re: Peugeot gearbox replacement
« Reply #1 on: 06 November 2013, 06:23:31 pm »
Hiya fella,

I hate working on French cars 'cos they are always bastard jobs so avoid if I can.

Found this though and a mate says it's awkward with 2 of you but do able with patience.

http://www.justanswer.com/uk-car/5yr0w-peugot-307-hello-again-mike-im-peugot-307.html

Good luck!!
Those are my principles...if you don't like them I have others.

Panthor

• Club Racer
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 06 November 2013, 07:13:55 pm »
Thanks, that's brill, hopefully will be ok to do. I know they are bastards to work on as every job I've had to do on it so far has been so much more hassle than needed. Just got fingers crossed til go ok on the weekend as I have a baby due next week and really don't think I can get a car seat on the fazer

FuZzBoM

• WSB Pack Hound
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 06 November 2013, 11:25:04 pm »
I have done wishbones on a 306 a few years back. Do yourself a favour and put something to catch the oil under it. the drive shafts are not secured into the gearbox and will gladly empty the oil everywhere.
I dare say a 307 has the same setup as my mates 306 he had.

Saying that you will be amazed the difference new oil makes to a gearbox.. Might be worth checking if it has any in it and seeing what it looks like.

Good luck.
Lord,
Grant me the WD-40 to move those things that are stuck, the Duck tape to fasten those things that are loose, And the wisdom to know the difference.
Amen

Mukulu

• Cager in Training
    • Main bike:
      FZ6 04-06
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 08 November 2013, 09:16:14 pm »
I did the gearbox on my 307 a few months back. Its not that hard, as long as you have a couple of jacks, and some axle stands.
If its anything like mine, then it will make it easier if you drop the subframe.
It took me the whole weekend, but I was doing it on the drive, which is full of craters and slopes downhill. It was pissing it down with rain the whole time too.