Date: 26-04-24  Time: 19:45 pm

Author Topic: Rad Hoses  (Read 82447 times)

dBfazer600

• WSB Pack Hound
  • I is Zedonk
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • View Profile
Re: Rad Hoses
« Reply #375 on: 17 April 2013, 10:55:16 pm »
Keep an eye on it, if it still appears to drop fluid you may need a Radflush.

I am in meetings rest of week so Friday I will be taking it for a run and will check it Sunday as long as I get the cars' windscreen pump sorted for its test. Out of interest what would a Rad flush do to help?

@Chris thats so true

Daz
She Ain't Exactly Pretty, She Ain't Exactly Small, Fourt'two Thirt'ninefiftysix

You Could Say She's Got It All.

Chris

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • View Profile
« Reply #376 on: 17 April 2013, 11:07:37 pm »
I pressume Darrsi suggested the rad flush to get rid of any blockages which may cause extra pressure in the system and therefore cause things to leak but other than that I'm not sure how a rad flush would help with the problem you mentioned. Properly cleaning out the system with a good rad flush once in a while ain't a bad idea though. Tightening the clip will defiantely help if it was a bit loose though.  ;)

Chris

It wouldn't be fun if it was easy, I just wish it wasn't this much fun.

noggythenog

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - TRX Noggyfighter
    • View Profile
« Reply #377 on: 17 April 2013, 11:18:06 pm »
check out the thou in the for sale section.
very smart......plus...
Red Rad Hoses!!!! 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8)
Easiest way to go fast........don't buy a blue bike

Chris

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • View Profile
« Reply #378 on: 17 April 2013, 11:23:26 pm »
very smart......plus...

Ye, that bike looks Amazing!! I was going to pop into the thou section and maybe set up a group buy for them once this deal is finished. Will see what happens. Then I'll definately be wanting a commission from sfs. and that's before I've set up group buys for the FZ6 and FZ1's... haha  :lol

Chris

dBfazer600

• WSB Pack Hound
  • I is Zedonk
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • View Profile
« Reply #379 on: 17 April 2013, 11:45:03 pm »
very smart......plus...

Ye, that bike looks Amazing!! I was going to pop into the thou section and maybe set up a group buy for them once this deal is finished. Will see what happens. Then I'll definately be wanting a commission from sfs. and that's before I've set up group buys for the FZ6 and FZ1's... haha  :lol

Chris

Very nice  :b :b

Chris are you setting your own rad empire up and aiming for world domination of all things that make your bike go faster (red is the way forword)  :lol

Daz

Chris

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • View Profile
« Reply #380 on: 17 April 2013, 11:48:16 pm »
World domination perhaps... If I was going for the fastest bike it'd be blue though  ;)   :lol

Chris

Dead Eye

• GP Hero
  • What doesn't kill me, will only make me stronger.
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - FZS600 00-01
    • View Profile
« Reply #381 on: 18 April 2013, 12:30:14 am »
Going back to the leaking pipe quickly - I realised why I had very little trouble tightening the clip... my fairing panel is missing :P Has been since I bought the bike so I have really easy access to get to it. So, might be best to pop it out quickly and get a socket on it :)

Also managed to forward on some people from the MG ZS owners club to SFS in regards to getting some silicone pipes made for the cars ^^

Chris

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • View Profile
« Reply #382 on: 18 April 2013, 12:41:10 am »
Going back to the leaking pipe quickly - I realised why I had very little trouble tightening the clip... my fairing panel is missing :P Has been since I bought the bike so I have really easy access to get to it. So, might be best to pop it out quickly and get a socket on it :)

Also managed to forward on some people from the MG ZS owners club to SFS in regards to getting some silicone pipes made for the cars ^^

Good tip and good stuff  8)

Chris

darrsi

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • View Profile
« Reply #383 on: 18 April 2013, 09:00:33 am »
I pressume Darrsi suggested the rad flush to get rid of any blockages which may cause extra pressure in the system and therefore cause things to leak but other than that I'm not sure how a rad flush would help with the problem you mentioned. Properly cleaning out the system with a good rad flush once in a while ain't a bad idea though. Tightening the clip will defiantely help if it was a bit loose though.  ;)

Chris

When the waterways get scaled up over time the coolant can't travel around properly, then what happens is the fluid gets directed towards the expansion tank and literally boils, i've watched it happen before, then when there's too much coolant in the expansion tank it will just boil like a kettle, rise and dump it out of the overflow pipe.
When you switch the engine off it will cool down and get sucked back into the system.
So if you don't actually know this is going on then the first sign would be a lower or even empty expansion tank.
If everything is normal and air tight then when everything settles down your expansion tank level should more or less stay at the same level, with just the odd top up every now and then, but very minimal.
My old bike used to have a temperature gauge on it, and you could tell if the bike was well or not by even the slightest change, it's something i miss on the Fazer as it was a handy tool to have!
Unless it's a stonking hot day( :rolleyes ), then the fan kicking in is a good warning sign there could be an issue.
That's why i suggested keeping an eye on it, but obviously all jubilee clips need to be done up properly in the first place, that's a no brainer!  :)
« Last Edit: 18 April 2013, 09:37:25 am by darrsi »
More people are born because of alcohol than will ever die from it.

Chris

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • View Profile
« Reply #384 on: 18 April 2013, 04:17:00 pm »
Thanks for the explanation Darrsi, you're a good brain to have about  8)

Chris

darrsi

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • View Profile
« Reply #385 on: 18 April 2013, 05:08:09 pm »

Chris

I'm just putting into words things that have happened to my bikes over the years.
You live and learn  :)
More people are born because of alcohol than will ever die from it.

dBfazer600

• WSB Pack Hound
  • I is Zedonk
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • View Profile
« Reply #386 on: 18 April 2013, 08:00:49 pm »

Chris

I'm just putting into words things that have happened to my bikes over the years.
You live and learn  :)

Yoda (sorry I ment darrsi) was one of the most renowned and powerful Jedi Masters in galactic history. He was known for his legendary wisdom, mastery of the Force and skills in Fazer technology. Yoda surfed the threads of Foccordom as a member to become an orical of all things Fazer. Yoda held the title of Master of the Fazer where in his service to the digital galaxy and the Force he spread the knowledge throughout Foccors. As Master of the Fazer had a hand in the training of nearly all the Jedi.

Thank you  ;)

Daz

Chris

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • View Profile
« Reply #387 on: 03 May 2013, 03:09:27 pm »
Hey all,

The extra pipes are ready to begin production! I have PM'd everyone who bought a set so please get back to me when you can.

Thanks,

Chris

Chris

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • View Profile
« Reply #388 on: 08 May 2013, 04:20:33 pm »
Right folks!

Order has been placed with SFS for the additional pipes and I'll let you know as soon as I hear anything back, When to expect them etc.

Thanks for all your time and patience and I hope you are well.

Chris

Chris

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • View Profile
« Reply #389 on: 10 May 2013, 11:05:52 am »
Just heard back from SFS,

pipes should begin production the middle to end of next week.  8)

Chris

noggythenog

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - TRX Noggyfighter
    • View Profile
« Reply #390 on: 10 May 2013, 11:32:18 am »
Just heard back from SFS,

pipes should begin production the middle to end of next week.  8)

Chris
Cheers for the update Chris  :thumbup

simonm

• GP Hero
  • Why so serious ?
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • View Profile
« Reply #391 on: 10 May 2013, 12:30:35 pm »
Ok one more :eek ,i couldnt help myself!!!!!

Thats nuff from me now!!!

You can tell a proper bloke by the width of the garden that their shed takes up (there are other multipliers though like number of sheds, square footage of shed vs patio cos grass is toomuch like hard work).  Well done that chap.  Loving the Fazer too.
Opinions are like A**holes, Everyone has one.  Some people seem to have more than one though which is a bit odd.

Dead Eye

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - FZS600 00-01
    • View Profile
« Reply #392 on: 10 May 2013, 12:33:22 pm »
I think in my dream home the garage would end up being at least twice the size of the house in terms of square-footage - far far far too many cars and bikes on my wishlist

Was actually looking at renting a garage / warehouse on a small industrial estate with a friend for the sheer purpose of working on our vehicles - his car is currently propped up on axle stands awaiting all new brake calipers, discs and pads...

simonm

• GP Hero
  • Why so serious ?
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • View Profile
« Reply #393 on: 10 May 2013, 12:48:05 pm »
I think in my dream home the garage would end up being at least twice the size of the house in terms of square-footage - far far far too many cars and bikes on my wishlist

Was actually looking at renting a garage / warehouse on a small industrial estate with a friend for the sheer purpose of working on our vehicles - his car is currently propped up on axle stands awaiting all new brake calipers, discs and pads...
I think my dream garage would ideally be a warehouse perhaps with a loft too.  Like those places you see in the American build off challenges.  Come to think of it California could work for me too...
Opinions are like A**holes, Everyone has one.  Some people seem to have more than one though which is a bit odd.

noggythenog

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - TRX Noggyfighter
    • View Profile
« Reply #394 on: 10 May 2013, 01:32:05 pm »
Ok one more :eek ,i couldnt help myself!!!!!

Thats nuff from me now!!!

You can tell a proper bloke by the width of the garden that their shed takes up (there are other multipliers though like number of sheds, square footage of shed vs patio cos grass is toomuch like hard work).  Well done that chap.  Loving the Fazer too.
Ha Ha Simon you've got into my psyche there!...
Foc Grass....
Foc Recycling.....everythin goes in the black bags :eek
Foc the decking that my missus wanted too coz that's where my massive shed went  :evil
Theres a tiny patch o grass out the front that i havent managed to destroy yet...i use a manual push mower on it coz Foc mincing around with cables either, out the shed run once over & done  8)

Mick-H

• WSB Pack Hound
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - Honda C90
    • View Profile
« Reply #395 on: 13 May 2013, 11:55:51 am »
Been looking at getting some Red hoses for my 05 1000, ebay prices work out around the £195 mark so for now they are on my not to buy list, which means I really shouldn't but know I will  ;)

noggythenog

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - TRX Noggyfighter
    • View Profile
« Reply #396 on: 13 May 2013, 12:53:18 pm »
Been looking at getting some Red hoses for my 05 1000, ebay prices work out around the £195 mark so for now they are on my not to buy list, which means I really shouldn't but know I will  ;)

I usually get buyers guilt, an absolute euphoric "ive gotta have it" followed by " what the foc've i done" :o , every night shift im looking at camper vans & 10 k bikes & i just know id feel guilty as sin getting one o them.

Surprisingly i havent got that with the hoses,expensive yes but not in the grand scheme of things, i still really like them, glad i got them.

Come to think of it i dont really feel guilty about anything i buy for my bike as it's real reliable, cheap to run & good fun.

Go on you know it makes sense :evil , you thou owners seem to have an ever present emergency bling fund. 8)

noggythenog

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - TRX Noggyfighter
    • View Profile
« Reply #397 on: 18 May 2013, 10:48:13 am »
Morning focers

Just received my remainder of hoses through the post from :thumbup

Looks like 3 hoses.

Shmokiiiiiiiiiinnnnnnnnm :smokin

Cheers chris,looks like your bike could be on the road soon. 8)

FZSCai

• CBT Wobbler
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • View Profile
« Reply #398 on: 18 May 2013, 11:26:37 am »
Happy days. Mine must of been sent to the office take a spin down there now and check

Dead Eye

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - FZS600 00-01
    • View Profile
« Reply #399 on: 18 May 2013, 11:36:43 am »
Mine have arrived this morning as well :)