Date: 29-03-24  Time: 01:42 am

Author Topic: Rad Hoses  (Read 81648 times)

noggythenog

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - TRX Noggyfighter
    • View Profile
Re: Rad Hoses
« Reply #275 on: 29 March 2013, 09:05:44 am »
Warning-this hose is tricky.

Recomendation-get the rad outta the way,looks like it swivels upwards which would give clearance.

What did i do-bodged it on with brute force.

Why-because i was like a rabbit in the headlights,once i decided on a way, i couldnt turn back.

What did i get-very sore hands. :D
Easiest way to go fast........don't buy a blue bike

noggythenog

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - TRX Noggyfighter
    • View Profile
« Reply #276 on: 29 March 2013, 09:36:01 am »
Im proper jacking this post now but hey if its pics you want its pics you got :D

A few daylight snaps.

noggythenog

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - TRX Noggyfighter
    • View Profile
« Reply #277 on: 29 March 2013, 09:42:08 am »
Suggestion/word of warning/stating the obvious :rolleyes

-pick a shiny new hose then match it to the bike,do 1 at a time.

-dont rip off every hose you see then end up stumped coz yur missing a hose :lol

I did do mine 1 by one actually but i sound like im admitting otherwise. :rolleyes

Chris

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • View Profile
« Reply #278 on: 29 March 2013, 10:03:37 am »
Right everyone,

It does look like we're two small pipes short.  :o  There is one on the front of the bike, a small follow on pipe from the chunky one on the left of the bike and the small diamater one, overflow, from the top of the radiator on the right hand side. I'm going to speak to SFS as soon as I can to get these pipes added to the kits and sent out to everyone in the right colours etc.

The guy I've been dealing with at SFS is on holiday for two weeks so it might take a whike to get them and all I can do is say I'm sorry but being the first to do something then there are always teething problems. It might take a while but as Noggy has said, if you want to swap the other pipes then do one at a time and once you get the add ons then you can fit them too.

Once again I'm sorry but these things happen. We will get this sorted as soon as possible.  :o

Chris

It wouldn't be fun if it was easy, I just wish it wasn't this much fun.

Dead Eye

• GP Hero
  • What doesn't kill me, will only make me stronger.
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - FZS600 00-01
    • View Profile
« Reply #279 on: 29 March 2013, 11:15:42 am »
Not sure which one you are referring to for the first, but I'm fairly sure my kit contains the over flow pipe from the radiator?

noggythenog

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - TRX Noggyfighter
    • View Profile
« Reply #280 on: 29 March 2013, 11:23:33 am »
How many hoses you got in total deadeye,should be 9 including the long spindly one???

I was saying to chris that i hadnt quite expected to get the small spindly ones & was surprised to see the resorvoir overflow included (WRONG-SEE BELOW POSTS)but it seems that to match it we'd need the very long thin feed from top of the rad-all the way to the bottom of the resorvoir(WRONG-SEE BELOW POSTS)the one that i couldnt get off.

Defo what would be nice is the pipe from underneath the first down pipe (looking at the headlights)running vertically to the top of where the oil filter is.its in a nice place to be seen.
« Last Edit: 29 March 2013, 11:57:22 am by noggythenog »

Chris

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • View Profile
« Reply #281 on: 29 March 2013, 11:27:03 am »
@Deadeye If you look at the 7th pic down on page 11 of this thread there is a close up of the chunky blue pipe with a little black one below it. This is the one at the front we are missing.

@Noggy, you did get a long thin hose didn't you? I'm sure I can see it poking out at the bottom on the right hand side of your bike in a couple of the pics. Am I right in saying you used it for the overflow from the expansion bottle at the back of the engine, could it possibly have been used for the small pipe from the radiator to the expansion tank? Is it long enough etc?

Chris
« Last Edit: 29 March 2013, 11:36:37 am by Chris »

noggythenog

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - TRX Noggyfighter
    • View Profile
« Reply #282 on: 29 March 2013, 11:39:49 am »

:stop :stop :stop :stop :stop :stop :stop :stop

ATTENTION-right then,it would appear that yes i used the 1 long spindly thin pipe for the resorvoir outflow coz it was the same size. :oops

ATTENTION-the original small spindly pipe from top of the rad.....i did think went all the way back to the resorvoir.........IT DOES NOT.

PLEASE READ-the small spindly thin long hose included in your pack can also be fitted from the top of the rad......where it runs to the carbs.

See pic.

Still outstanding then is the front hose to top of oil filter.

Hope this helps :)

Chris

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • View Profile
« Reply #283 on: 29 March 2013, 11:46:17 am »
Ah,

Thanks for clearing that one up buddy. It all makes a bit more sense now.  :D

Thank you for your help with this noggy.

Chris

noggythenog

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - TRX Noggyfighter
    • View Profile
« Reply #284 on: 29 March 2013, 11:54:39 am »
Ah,

Chris

Nay bother, theres foccin cables,pipes & hoses all over the place & im only just indoctrinating myself but if anyone needs me to try clarify anythin else im happy to help.

I reckon ill order another one o those small hoses since they fit both places.

Forgot to mention that this morning when i wheeled the bike from the shed to the front.........

.it was much faster!!!!!!!!!!!! :smokin

Chris

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • View Profile
« Reply #285 on: 29 March 2013, 12:02:08 pm »
Ah,

Chris

Nay bother, theres foccin cables,pipes & hoses all over the place & im only just indoctrinating myself but if anyone needs me to try clarify anythin else im happy to help.

I reckon ill order another one o those small hoses since they fit both places.

Forgot to mention that this morning when i wheeled the bike from the shed to the front.........

.it was much faster!!!!!!!!!!!! :smokin

Yes, I'll speak to SFS about getting the one made up for the front of the bike plus perhaps another long thin pipe for the expansion tank overflow, will see what they say...

I think i've figured out how this has happened though. On page two and three of this thread then we had a list of the pipes and their part numbers. Of these pipes there are two which go to the carbs, we decided that we didn't need them but it looks like the thin pipe from the radiator is one of them, not an overflow as at first thought. That would explain how we counted the right amount of pipes 9 not including the two to the carbs, but when the kits were sent it would seem that one of the pipes from the radiator is one of the carb pipes therefore we had the right numbers but the one at the front of the bike was missed. No biggy, we'll get the other one made up and I'm sure SFS will get them to us as quick as they can.

Chris
« Last Edit: 29 March 2013, 12:29:32 pm by Chris »

FZSCai

• CBT Wobbler
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • View Profile
« Reply #286 on: 29 March 2013, 02:56:24 pm »
Got mine finished today! Also changed the gold wheel tape to red to try and get a theme going, completely gutted though as my old man managed to snap the lower left pipe off the radiator! Tried using evo-stik liquid metal an thought if saved it but after ten minutes of running it it popped back off! Any ideas? Don't really want the extra expense of a new rad!

noggythenog

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - TRX Noggyfighter
    • View Profile
« Reply #287 on: 29 March 2013, 03:09:56 pm »
Hey cai,good work with the hoses,they look awsome,wait til you see how much faster you go. :b

Gutted about the snapped pipe,surprisingly i didnt snap anything & i just been for a good blast and no leaks :eek  but it all seems a bit too good to be true.

As you prob guessed im not that mechanically minded but if you post up a pic of the damaged area im sure some suggestions will come your way & hopefuly it can be sorted out.

Dead Eye

• GP Hero
  • What doesn't kill me, will only make me stronger.
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - FZS600 00-01
    • View Profile
« Reply #288 on: 29 March 2013, 04:03:15 pm »
Wow, the red and gold actually looks really damn good!

As far as the pipes go, I honestly fudged up on the overflow as I didn't even think about it - due to the state of my bike I don't think it survived as I couldn't find it earlier...

The one on the front is a mystery as well, its not on my bike but from what I can tell it goes to the oil cooler on the front of the engine. I don't think it disintegrated in the fire as it is just simply missing but it isn't in the photos I took so I'm at a complete loss on that one, sorry :(

noggythenog

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - TRX Noggyfighter
    • View Profile
« Reply #289 on: 29 March 2013, 04:53:40 pm »
Wow, the red and gold actually looks really damn good!

As far as the pipes go, I honestly fudged up on the overflow as I didn't even think about it - due to the state of my bike I don't think it survived as I couldn't find it earlier...

The one on the front is a mystery as well, its not on my bike but from what I can tell it goes to the oil cooler on the front of the engine. I don't think it disintegrated in the fire as it is just simply missing but it isn't in the photos I took so I'm at a complete loss on that one, sorry :(

Not your fault deadeye

Without you we'd have zilch hoses 8)

FZSCai

• CBT Wobbler
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • View Profile
« Reply #290 on: 29 March 2013, 05:14:47 pm »
Cheers for the praise! The pictures don't do the hoses justice must more vibrant in person, here's some more pics and a quick video plus a pic of the damage if anyone has any ideas?

Also had a feeling 1 pipe was missing (other side of oil filter) also wondered why there's one slim carb pipe when there's two standard pipes on the carbs? No real biggy as there not that noticeable but wouldn't mind them if they were available?

YouTube link: [size=78%]http://youtu.be/hNM9SAUbD-A[/size]

Chris

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • View Profile
« Reply #291 on: 29 March 2013, 05:33:45 pm »
Don't worry about it Deadeye, it's no problem.

I think what I'll do is when my kit arrives, hopefully monday then I'll fit it to my bike and send off whatever original pipes are missing to SFS to get added to the kit. That way we'll definately have all the pipes, including the ones to the carbs which we weren't originally going to buy as part of the order.

Hopefully SFS won't mind and will do it for free as the thin pipes don't need tooling they just need cut to the right length but the one for the top of the oil cooler will need tooled first so they might need some extra money... I'll see what they say.

The guy I've been dealing with is on holiday just now for two weeks so might take a while to get it sorted but whoever swaps the pipes then go ahead and you can put on the others when they're ready.

Thanks for everyones patience,

Chris
« Last Edit: 29 March 2013, 06:56:32 pm by Chris »

His Dudeness

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      I don't own a bike
    • View Profile
« Reply #292 on: 29 March 2013, 05:44:25 pm »
Looks like your radiator has been repaired in the past FZSCai. You might get someone to braze or silver solder it again but you'd probably be better off with a new one or a good used one.

FZSCai

• CBT Wobbler
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • View Profile
« Reply #293 on: 29 March 2013, 05:53:28 pm »
Looks like your radiator has been repaired in the past FZSCai. You might get someone to braze or silver solder it again but you'd probably be better off with a new one or a good used one.

That was my fix, but it only had about 4 hours (it was rock solid) to set so might give it another go but leave it all weekend but I don't know if I'd like to rely on it, looks like I will have to bite the bullet and buy a new one

Chris

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • View Profile
« Reply #294 on: 29 March 2013, 06:01:10 pm »
Fazer spares might have one or ebay. better than having to shell out for a brand new one..

Gutted for you man, the pipes look great though, red and gold go well together,

Chris

noggythenog

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - TRX Noggyfighter
    • View Profile
« Reply #295 on: 29 March 2013, 06:10:07 pm »
Come on peeps, who else dares to run the rad hose gauntlet :smash

We got a man down already but cai will be back & deepest sympathy goes out to him & his loved ones during this difficult time!!!!

We need more troops......& more pics.......we love pics. :useless

What other combinations are coming next?????

Nobody knows!!! :b

Did anyone get yellow hoses for their black bike,other than batman,theyd look so cool 8)

Chris

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • View Profile
« Reply #296 on: 29 March 2013, 06:15:36 pm »
Haha, the only colours ordered were black, blue and red. So will be good to see how they look on the other bikes.

Chris

dBfazer600

• WSB Pack Hound
  • I is Zedonk
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • View Profile
« Reply #297 on: 29 March 2013, 07:03:42 pm »
Love the red and gold. Pisser of a break there mate.

Hears mine:

1 The fitting with Bro
1 The fitting with Bro
2 My side done
2 My side done
3 All done
3 All done
4 Considering a belly pan
4 Considering a belly pan
5 Top rad hose a little short may have to put original back on
5 Top rad hose a little short may have to put original back on
6 I is a happy chappy
6 I is a happy chappy
She Ain't Exactly Pretty, She Ain't Exactly Small, Fourt'two Thirt'ninefiftysix

You Could Say She's Got It All.

Chris

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • View Profile
« Reply #298 on: 29 March 2013, 07:18:47 pm »
Those look great DBfazer600!

Do you mean the chunky one at the top right hand side of the radiator is a bit short? have any of you other guys had a problem with that??

Cheers,

Chris

dBfazer600

• WSB Pack Hound
  • I is Zedonk
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • View Profile
« Reply #299 on: 29 March 2013, 07:26:56 pm »
Those look great DBfazer600!

Do you mean the chunky one at the top right hand side of the radiator is a bit short? have any of you other guys had a problem with that??

Cheers,

Chris

No its the thin long one. Had to re-rout as original is cabled tied to the chunky one.

Daz
She Ain't Exactly Pretty, She Ain't Exactly Small, Fourt'two Thirt'ninefiftysix

You Could Say She's Got It All.