Date: 19-04-24  Time: 07:34 am

Author Topic: No more race fans?  (Read 3643 times)

mickdel

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
No more race fans?
« on: 11 November 2011, 05:16:59 pm »
Is there no more race fans out there?    I'm a mad fan of pure road racing my self and go over to Ireland to wach them.
Head Focced

GringoRojo

• Otter baiting foccer
    FOC-U Dancing on Ice Champion 2010
    Aug 08
    Oct 08
    Sept 09
  • GP Hero
  • a Doonhamer in exile
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - Triumph Tiger800XC
    • View Profile
    • a two wheeled charity ride without engines
Re: No more race fans?
« Reply #1 on: 16 November 2011, 12:23:21 am »
yep, but tend not to look in here due to spoiling the races for myself cos we only get the motogp live, every other race is on a highlight program and we're not often up to date.

Farjo

• Consultor de administración
  • GP Hero
  • Admin alumni
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 17 November 2011, 03:47:28 am »
Can't watch road racing, too scarey :eek The MotoGP has been a bit F1 the past couple of years and the most interesting racing I find is the BSB.

Skullfire

• WSB Pack Hound
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 22 December 2011, 01:19:14 pm »
I may be going to Ireland in July 2012 to see the Skerries 100. Went in 2010 and was hooked, in my opinion much better than the TT.

stonedpillock

• CBT Wobbler
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 09 January 2012, 09:14:04 pm »
hi mikdel
I too love the Irish scene haven't been over for the last few years. Went over to Skerries '03 ' 04 and Tandragee '05. The group of mates I went with started to do europe alps trips which were out of my price range so haven't been over since. Want to do Southern 100 but not sure if it will happen this year. What races have you been to?? I'm sure you'll agree once you've seen a real road race track racing seems rather tame. :z . I know hes a bit of a Marmite bloke (love or hate it) but I would love to see Guy Martin win a TT.

A mate of mine recons the Irish racing won't be around much longer on health and safety grounds. I hope he's wrong .I've been to two races where riders have paid the ultimate price one travelling marshal had a seizure on a sighting lap the other was a racer at the Tandragee. It makes you stop and think. But then I try to imagine the buzz they must get riding so close to the edge. We rode the Skerries "track" before race day I took Gillies leap at around 90. The litre bikes are speed trapped at 140+ on the back wheel down that section. We need the speed and the danger be it as the 1% who have the balls and ability to ride supersports bikes to the limit on country lanes or the 99% sat in the hedges watching in awe. Long may it continue ;)
The more people I meet the more I love my dogs

CharlieDee

• Club Racer
    • Main bike:
      FZ1 Faired Gen2
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 02 February 2012, 11:29:53 am »
Another Road Racer fanatic here too!!  :evil

Live really close to Olivers Mount in Scarborough... will be there for the Gold cup this year!!  :rollin

I am the Nightrider. I'm a fuel injected suicide machine. I am the rocker, I am the roller, I am the out-of-controller!

1967fazer

• Club Racer
  • Its not a Rossi rep!
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 08 March 2012, 09:36:12 pm »
Beginning to get the bug for road racing, having watched several races on the telly, albeit, highlights etc. Would love to go to some of the Irish races or even the Isle of Man, but money dictates it'll be Scarboro this year. Maybe next year......

Phil

• WSB Pack Hound
    • Main bike:
      Fazer8
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 11 March 2012, 07:09:18 pm »
Can't watch road racing, too scarey :eek The MotoGP has been a bit F1 the past couple of years and the most interesting racing I find is the BSB.

Me to. I would love to go over to Ireland and watch the racing, I'm sure it would be a good craic, but find watching it scarey.

I'm going to Sachsenring for MotoGP again, mainly because it is a good <whatever the German for craic is>,  the ride there is good. Then a few about 10 BSB/WSB events.

* Crash.Net racing newsfeeds

MotoGP

World Superbikes

British Superbikes

RSS to JavaScript