Date: 19-04-24  Time: 10:50 am

Author Topic: FZ1 modified flies  (Read 2716 times)

Mike01

• Weekend Warrior
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • - Africa Twin AS
    • View Profile
FZ1 modified flies
« on: 23 July 2015, 09:26:38 pm »
Me again...
So going to order my PCv tomorrow and looking at what I want to do when fitting and choosing a map to run I want to change the flies.
I am not going to try and cut mine so does anyone have any ideas who might supply them? I have searched but can't find any for sale.
Sorry probably been asked before but could not find anything.
Cheers.
To become old and wise you have to have been young and stupid......

Mike01

• Weekend Warrior
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • - Africa Twin AS
    • View Profile
Re: FZ1 modified flies
« Reply #1 on: 23 July 2015, 09:55:48 pm »
Ok found these, should have checked after watching all his videos  :lol

http://copperdawg.com/SubThrottle.htm

slappy

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - MT09
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 24 July 2015, 12:58:53 pm »
Keep checking ebay, a couple of sets of modified flies have been listed in the last couple of months.

Mike01

• Weekend Warrior
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • - Africa Twin AS
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 24 July 2015, 07:21:13 pm »
Keep checking ebay, a couple of sets of modified flies have been listed in the last couple of months.

Ordered some from Copperdawg  :)

vinnychoff

• Cager in Training
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - Moto Guzzi California II
    • View Profile
    • Ducati 916 blog
« Reply #4 on: 25 July 2015, 01:43:42 pm »
I hope you do not mind but i think it is better to change the ecu rather than a power commander. i had a friend on another forum for ducati. the end result was my ecu chip was changed. the bike accelarated and ran better. the front wheel lifted so many changes.
i think the power commando is not as good as a full change. also have you done any exhaust, fueling mods etc?

vinnychoff

noggythenog

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - TRX Noggyfighter
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 25 July 2015, 02:24:49 pm »
I hope you do not mind but i think it is better to change the ecu rather than a power commander. i had a friend on another forum for ducati. the end result was my ecu chip was changed. the bike accelarated and ran better. the front wheel lifted so many changes.
i think the power commando is not as good as a full change. also have you done any exhaust, fueling mods etc?

vinnychoff

Vinny i think you're right from what ive heard a reflash of the ECU is better than a power commander.......but power commanders are easy to obtain and fit whereby it isnt so easy to get a reflash.

I just fitted my power commander and uploaded a map from another member and the difference is great 8)
Easiest way to go fast........don't buy a blue bike

Mike01

• Weekend Warrior
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • - Africa Twin AS
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 25 July 2015, 03:18:50 pm »

vinnychoff

Hi Vinny
As Noggy said yes probably better but not easily sorted.
Yes I have other mods including exhaust and more to do when fitting the PC5.

slappy

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - MT09
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 25 July 2015, 03:21:25 pm »
The ecu reflash is probably the best way forward but there are very few places who can do it, there are some advertising a postal service but each bike is different and the reflash needs to be done  on the actual bike and with a good few dyno runs. None of the local tuners near me do a reflash for a FZ1, they seem to mostly do R1s, Blades, etc as they are the most popular bikes for tuning, and B Kings are popular too!

As noggy says a power commander is easy to fit , easy to remove and sell on and as Brooker and I did you can get a custom map loaded which is totally suited to your bike and tried and tested with dyno runs to get the best possible outcome.

vinnychoff

• Cager in Training
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - Moto Guzzi California II
    • View Profile
    • Ducati 916 blog
« Reply #8 on: 25 July 2015, 08:57:37 pm »
One thing i learnt from pete when he jetted mine up was on the road to note how it went in fourth gear from low down to up the range. when you have a map that you are happy with then to use this test to see how it pulls through out the rev range in that gear.

as you all say the pc is a quick fix. I always think if something is worth doing it normally takes a little longer or the time taken is worth the extra effort. glad to hear you are happy with yours

Ballpien

• CBT Wobbler
    • Main bike:
      FZ1 Naked Gen2
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 26 July 2015, 04:00:07 pm »
Did you order a PCV and flies yet? I have a virtually brand new PCV (all boxed, everything there) and unused flies for sale, it'll save you a good few £££ on new

I have a just cleaned and oiled K&N I'll throw in too
« Last Edit: 26 July 2015, 04:02:36 pm by Ballpien »
“This anti-climax reminded me of the time when my girlfriend said she needed her ring widening and we walked straight past Superdrug to H.M.Samuel”

Mike01

• Weekend Warrior
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • - Africa Twin AS
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 26 July 2015, 06:29:11 pm »
Did you order a PCV and flies yet? I have a virtually brand new PCV (all boxed, everything there) and unused flies for sale, it'll save you a good few £££ on new

Thanks but ordered all of the above  :'( would have snapped them up otherwise.

CharlieDee

• Club Racer
    • Main bike:
      FZ1 Faired Gen2
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 27 July 2015, 09:18:29 pm »

I'm interested if you still have them!!  :lol  Pm me, cheers.
I am the Nightrider. I'm a fuel injected suicide machine. I am the rocker, I am the roller, I am the out-of-controller!