Date: 28-03-24  Time: 22:16 pm

Author Topic: Electrics going mad!!!!!  (Read 5996 times)

AdieR

• Club Racer
    • Main bike:
      FZ6 S2 07-09
    • View Profile
Re: Electrics going mad!!!!!
« Reply #25 on: 17 August 2012, 09:26:35 pm »
Just wondered why you replaced the battery last month; a failing / failed reg/rec can is capable of taking out a battery.

Just out of interest, have you tried checking voltages at 4/5000rpm?

CRH

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 17 August 2012, 10:25:25 pm »
Hi,adie...the reason i changed the battery was that the bike hadnt been used for years before i had it!!.and had been kept behind a sofa in a flat!!....the battery had not been removed either?...when i bought it i put it on a optimate and it seemed to pick it up!! but as soon as winter came it was foooked!....it also was its original battery, this being confirmed by its mileage and the one owner i got it off!!...it had only done 5100miles at that time!....i have checked the voltage @ 5000rpm and ime getting...14.7volts...and when loaded up ime getting 14.2volts..........

ade the blade

• Club Racer
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - xl1000v varadero
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 18 August 2012, 12:05:06 am »
does the fuel cap hiss when opened?......sowwwy.  :lol :lol  bed time. night night children. sleep tight. ;)

CRH

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 18 August 2012, 12:27:36 am »
does the fuel cap hiss when opened?......sowwwy.  :lol :lol  bed time. night night children. sleep tight. ;)
.........just cant seem to get the help on here anymore??? :\ .....wonder if the problems...drug related? :rolleyes ........

bigsteve

• Club Racer
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - TDM850 FZS600SP
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: 18 August 2012, 02:36:44 pm »
Hi
 Not sure if you've sorted problem but the one thing that came to my mind Is a simple earthing problem had a similar thing happen on my box with 4 wheels a earth lead had come off battery and dash board went mad just a thought

other option seeing were your located try http://towzatronics.co.uk/  i used him when we had a alarm system go wrong and he removed it  top guy in my books

Steve

CRH

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: 18 August 2012, 04:33:29 pm »
Thanks for that steve!....no still not sorted it yet?...i will chk over the earth points, and yes it just mabe a earthing prob!!...like i said earlier ?...ive chk,d over everything associated with the lighting side of things...and its got me stumped!!...i fkn hate electrics!!!!!! :'( ......and thanks for the link!..they just might come in handy?? ;) ....i also see you not far from me?

bigsteve

• Club Racer
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - TDM850 FZS600SP
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: 18 August 2012, 04:38:28 pm »

No not far at all M8

CRH

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: 20 August 2012, 05:22:55 pm »
right!!...after 2 days of checking over just bt every electrical part on me fkn bike?..think ive finaly found the problem??...the plug to the rectifier had gone green inside!!...so carefully cleaned with brass wire brush ,then a good spray of gt85!...and everything seems to be working correctly? :rolleyes ....so fingers crossed its ok now!!...thanks to all that helped with input!! :) ....

ade the blade

• Club Racer
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - xl1000v varadero
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: 21 August 2012, 10:27:14 pm »
anytime mate..........thats what we are here for :rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin

ade the blade

• Club Racer
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - xl1000v varadero
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: 21 August 2012, 10:28:45 pm »
oh and well done matey for sorting this years illuminations out in time for the big switch on !!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :lol :lol :lol :lol

ade the blade

• Club Racer
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - xl1000v varadero
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: 21 August 2012, 10:30:14 pm »
ah well.........back to the grindstone.........oh sorry. wrong thread or should that be Red ?  :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol

red98

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - FZS600,CB400/4,X7,CB250
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: 22 August 2012, 09:05:06 am »
ah well.........back to the grindstone.........oh sorry. wrong thread or should that be Red ?  :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol

well done CRH.back on the road...and a bit more information on the forum that my help others.....perrrrrrrfect  :)

ADE.......yes indeed back to the grindstone  :\ ........just another 8 to go  ;)
One, is never going to be enough.....

positron

• Weekend Warrior
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: 28 November 2014, 03:01:33 pm »
I don't know if this has got something to do with the illuminations and the big beardy man coming etc by my poorly Fazer is doing this since Friday. Lights come and go, rev counter drops to 0 and back etc - it's as if someone is turning off and on the ignition. Based on this thread, I will check the wires, fuses etc (when/if I get a dry day that is bright enough to see what I am looking at) and will report back.

Oh, sorry about digging out an ancient thread.

positron

• Weekend Warrior
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: 02 December 2014, 09:48:24 am »
Turned out be nothing more than a lose contact at the battery terminal. Phew.  While at it, also figured out contact cleaner is not the same as lubricant. I had tried cleaning left hand controls with contact cleaner couple of weeks ago and the indicator switch was getting harder and harder to operate and finally it completely stopped, and I had to resort to the good old ways of signaling by waving my hand (when possible). Opened it up and sprayed some GT85 and now it's all working again. Ta!

Bizbauer

• CBT Wobbler
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: 18 December 2014, 07:21:40 pm »
I had a similar problem; as soon as I indicated or went to full beam the clocks went off...

Found out it was corrosion on the main multi-pin connector on the LHS of fairing.  Take it apart and get a fine file / emery cloth and clean up all the connectors.

Hopefully that should sort the problem, it did for me!

'02 Foxeye, Blue
'05 WR250F
'06 Disco 3 S