Date: 19-04-24  Time: 03:09 am

Author Topic: what did you do with your fazer today ?  (Read 1595426 times)

noggythenog

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - TRX Noggyfighter
    • View Profile
Re: what did you do with your fazer today ?
« Reply #4125 on: 07 April 2015, 12:11:26 pm »
Bought myself a new helmet HJC is17 lorenzo Rep. Brand new from ebay 120 quid bargain anyone got one?

How did you know it would fit then...did you try it on in a shop?
Easiest way to go fast........don't buy a blue bike

brooker81

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZ1 Faired Gen2
    • - Busa,Fzs600,
    • View Profile
« Reply #4126 on: 07 April 2015, 12:39:01 pm »
can return it if doesnt fit. took a risk should have tried it first but i will have a punt. 5 quid to return if not, fingers crossed it will fit.

fazersharp

• GP Hero
  • 10 stone Racing Snake
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • View Profile
« Reply #4127 on: 07 April 2015, 12:49:48 pm »
so do you like it then?

Its all in my link, short answer - yes
I don't do rain or threat there of. dry rider only with no shame.

t140

• Weekend Warrior
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - T140W
    • View Profile
« Reply #4128 on: 08 April 2015, 10:20:29 am »
taxed it
Nobody is perfect, but being Scottish is a start

brooker81

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZ1 Faired Gen2
    • - Busa,Fzs600,
    • View Profile
« Reply #4129 on: 08 April 2015, 02:42:43 pm »
this turned up more than happy with it looks nice. Fits well too was worth the ebay risk.

Now just to tax the bike at the start of may.

Dead Eye

• GP Hero
  • What doesn't kill me, will only make me stronger.
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - FZS600 00-01
    • View Profile
« Reply #4130 on: 08 April 2015, 02:46:23 pm »
Quick spin to the local B&Q to grab a couple of bolts for the car :) Was nice to be able to get out without all the winter gear on for once

noggythenog

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - TRX Noggyfighter
    • View Profile
« Reply #4131 on: 08 April 2015, 03:05:16 pm »
This was yesterday but anyway i decided to fit my jack up bars.....since it was sunny & i was off work i decided why not combine mechanics with relaxation so i raided the fridge for a little alcoholic treat....then some more.....and another......after a wee while i was half pissed & merrily cleaning & greasing & not caring.

Then i got the brainwave to combine the jack up bars with extending out my nitron shock for a full monty jack up....but i needed to jack up the bike further to get the holes aligned.

Bike then came off the paddock stand & toppled over on me :eek .......luckily i was under it but it wasnt touching me...paddock stand was all buckled up amongst it too.....could smell petrol so quickly got up & picked the bike up at which point i sliced open my hand on the piece of bar end that had been scraped on the deck......rolled it back into the shed and then came inside & got proper pissed......was contemplating breaking the bike and selling it last night but took a look today & it aint that bad......ive snapped the mirror off & damaged that bar end & obviously ive gotta re evaluate the jack up situation......will put the nitron back to previous length me thinks :rolleyes .

Anyway im going nowhere fast....at this rate ill be lucky to be riding this year......gotta laugh though :lol

Nebuchernezzer

• Weekend Warrior
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • - Ktm250exc
    • View Profile
« Reply #4132 on: 08 April 2015, 03:07:03 pm »
Fitted braided lines front and rear, went for a ride... Feels exactly the same haha,  I guess my oem lines were still good ay.

brooker81

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZ1 Faired Gen2
    • - Busa,Fzs600,
    • View Profile
« Reply #4133 on: 08 April 2015, 03:16:16 pm »
Bike then came off the paddock stand & toppled over on me :eek .......luckily i was under it but it wasnt touching me...paddock stand was all buckled up amongst it too.....could smell petrol so quickly got up & picked the bike up at which point i sliced open my hand on the piece of bar end that had been scraped on the deck......rolled it back into the shed and then came inside & got proper pissed......was contemplating breaking the bike and selling it last night but took a look today & it aint that bad......ive snapped the mirror off & damaged that bar end & obviously ive gotta re evaluate the jack up situation......will put the nitron back to previous length me thinks :rolleyes

Beer and work on the bike never mix. I took a chunk out of my brand new bellypan when trying to fit it after a few beers. :rollin At least not too much damage done just your ego 
« Last Edit: 08 April 2015, 03:16:52 pm by brooker81 »

hairnet

• Weekend Warrior
    • Main bike:
      FZ6 04-06
    • View Profile
« Reply #4134 on: 08 April 2015, 05:00:52 pm »
put front indicator bulbs in - ROCK AND ROLL!!!!!  :lol

foc u yamaha for the non standard bulbs doh - even tho theyre chape - the parts shop chap said thats not an indicator bulb when i showed him :lol

why cant they use car ones like everyone else

oh and in 1800 miles thrapping it round ireland it didnt use any oil or water :D

might be going again on sat - fazed where you live - put kettle on  :lol

if not then a fortnight to finish off me photo thing and go kilbeggan for yank cars pervage :D

was gonna go bedford for a trackday but decided meh :D
will ride for food.....

unfazed

• GP Hero
  • Never ride faster than your guardian angel can fly
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • - FZS1000 05-06, Serow 2000
    • View Profile
« Reply #4135 on: 08 April 2015, 05:51:45 pm »
This was yesterday but anyway i decided to fit my jack up bars.....since it was sunny & i was off work i decided why not combine mechanics with relaxation so i raided the fridge for a little alcoholic treat....then some more.....and another......after a wee while i was half pissed & merrily cleaning & greasing & not caring.

Then i got the brainwave to combine the jack up bars with extending out my nitron shock for a full monty jack up....but i needed to jack up the bike further to get the holes aligned.

Bike then came off the paddock stand & toppled over on me :eek .......luckily i was under it but it wasnt touching me...paddock stand was all buckled up amongst it too.....could smell petrol so quickly got up & picked the bike up at which point i sliced open my hand on the piece of bar end that had been scraped on the deck......rolled it back into the shed and then came inside & got proper pissed......was contemplating breaking the bike and selling it last night but took a look today & it aint that bad......ive snapped the mirror off & damaged that bar end & obviously ive gotta re evaluate the jack up situation......will put the nitron back to previous length me thinks :rolleyes .

Anyway im going nowhere fast....at this rate ill be lucky to be riding this year......gotta laugh though :lol

Did the air turn blue  :eek

unfazed

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • View Profile
« Reply #4136 on: 08 April 2015, 05:57:00 pm »
Purchased front sprocket, rear PR4 and Oil filter for my sons 600, should have the 12mm nut in the morning.
Played around with rear suspension adjustment, almost sorted  :)

Linkages all checked and greased.

Should be sorted for his MOT when he returns to Wales

noggythenog

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - TRX Noggyfighter
    • View Profile
« Reply #4137 on: 08 April 2015, 05:57:06 pm »
Bike then came off the paddock stand & toppled over on me :eek .......luckily i was under it but it wasnt touching me...paddock stand was all buckled up amongst it too.....could smell petrol so quickly got up & picked the bike up at which point i sliced open my hand on the piece of bar end that had been scraped on the deck......rolled it back into the shed and then came inside & got proper pissed......was contemplating breaking the bike and selling it last night but took a look today & it aint that bad......ive snapped the mirror off & damaged that bar end & obviously ive gotta re evaluate the jack up situation......will put the nitron back to previous length me thinks :rolleyes

Beer and work on the bike never mix. I took a chunk out of my brand new bellypan when trying to fit it after a few beers. :rollin At least not too much damage done just your ego

Trouble is having half the tools is also more dangerous than having no tools....& i am a tool :lol

Id already had more work than i thought.......as i was taking out the bolts i seen a few of these little pins fall on the ground.....im thinking what the foc are they...turns out they were from the bearing...thatll be why they call them needle bearings then is it???.....anyway i dont hold out hope in them having a future but in the interest of trying to get the bike rideable i cleaned out the bearing and slid the pins back into their slots and then packed out the bearing with grease.

Luckily my paddock stand isnt broke, i just checked it out, it just twisted. I just managed to get the bike back onto it so ill leave it be for now for another week and see how much i can break next time.

Air stayed fresh Unfazed ha ha......but i was beginning to lose it the more i thought about it...then the missus is out giving me a hand with keeping it steady while i was trying to tidy up all my mess & im saying to her thats foccinit ive foccing had it with this bike im foccing burning it.....that later turned to stripping it......she was delighted coz she was thinking yes thats more time with her and the baby.......her face was sad when i said this morning it wasnt that bad :lol
« Last Edit: 08 April 2015, 06:01:55 pm by noggythenog »

bigbluebear

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - Kawasaki Z1000SX
    • View Profile
« Reply #4138 on: 08 April 2015, 06:51:57 pm »

Trouble is having half the tools is also more dangerous than having no tools....& i am a tool :lol

Id already had more work than i thought.......as i was taking out the bolts i seen a few of these little pins fall on the ground.....im thinking what the foc are they...turns out they were from the bearing...thatll be why they call them needle bearings then is it???.....anyway i dont hold out hope in them having a future but in the interest of trying to get the bike rideable i cleaned out the bearing and slid the pins back into their slots and then packed out the bearing with grease.

Luckily my paddock stand isnt broke, i just checked it out, it just twisted. I just managed to get the bike back onto it so ill leave it be for now for another week and see how much i can break next time.

Air stayed fresh Unfazed ha ha......but i was beginning to lose it the more i thought about it...then the missus is out giving me a hand with keeping it steady while i was trying to tidy up all my mess & im saying to her thats foccinit ive foccing had it with this bike im foccing burning it.....that later turned to stripping it......she was delighted coz she was thinking yes thats more time with her and the baby.......her face was sad when i said this morning it wasnt that bad :lol

Foccin clueless clown  :lol

slimwilly

• GP Hero
  • I love to ride them hills
    • Main bike:
      FZ1 Faired Gen2
    • View Profile
« Reply #4139 on: 08 April 2015, 07:06:16 pm »
Mr Fooking  Noggy, :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol

This series of Mr Bean continues tomorrow.

Cant wait :\

He is going to change the oil for washing up liquid,,then run it to clean the inside.
Then he joins the bike to the pram,to help the wife
An ageing test pilot for home grown widgets that may fail at anytime.

unfazed

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • View Profile
« Reply #4140 on: 08 April 2015, 07:15:16 pm »
Mr Fooking  Noggy, :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol

This series of Mr Bean continues tomorrow.

Cant wait :\

He is going to change the oil for washing up liquid,,then run it to clean the inside.
Then he joins the bike to the pram,to help the wife

:rollin :rollin :rollin

noggythenog

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - TRX Noggyfighter
    • View Profile
« Reply #4141 on: 08 April 2015, 07:41:12 pm »
I think Mr Bean could show me a thing or 2 about mechanics :lol

I suppose fessing up to you lot doesnt do me any favours but i actually just find it all a bit foccing funny sometimes.

fazersharp

• GP Hero
  • 10 stone Racing Snake
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • View Profile
« Reply #4142 on: 08 April 2015, 08:57:15 pm »
Brushed down and re painted my down pipes, mainly the collector box area but while me brush was wet - as you do.
I actually did it a couple of days ago and the first picture was tonight they look wet but they are not, the second pic is after I got back from a 40 mile spin. The paint needs the heat to fully cure to a mat finnish, its granvile engine black, if you are interested

chaz

• WSB Pack Hound
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • View Profile
« Reply #4143 on: 08 April 2015, 09:04:27 pm »

ChristoT

• Alleged Foc-u Daphnis & Chloe expert
  • GP Hero
  • Fluent in English, French and bullshit!
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • - Saab 9-3, caravan, hang glider
    • View Profile
« Reply #4144 on: 08 April 2015, 10:01:13 pm »
Brushed down and re painted my down pipes, mainly the collector box area but while me brush was wet - as you do.
I actually did it a couple of days ago and the first picture was tonight they look wet but they are not, the second pic is after I got back from a 40 mile spin. The paint needs the heat to fully cure to a mat finnish, its granvile engine black, if you are interested

Why does it look like you have bolts in your downpipes?
The Deef's apprentice

sinto

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • View Profile
« Reply #4145 on: 08 April 2015, 10:21:52 pm »

They look good Mr, what was the actual paint you used?
Colin
----------------------
Ride fast, ride a red bike :-)

Skippernick

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • View Profile
« Reply #4146 on: 08 April 2015, 10:46:52 pm »

Because there are! Something to do with gas flow measuring?
Red Heads - Slowly taking over the world!!!

ChristoT

• Alleged Foc-u Daphnis & Chloe expert
  • GP Hero
  • Fluent in English, French and bullshit!
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • - Saab 9-3, caravan, hang glider
    • View Profile
« Reply #4147 on: 08 April 2015, 11:02:29 pm »

Because there are! Something to do with gas flow measuring?

I've only even had Fazers with stainless pipes, first time I noticed it. Is that on all stock downpipes then?
The Deef's apprentice

fazersharp

• GP Hero
  • 10 stone Racing Snake
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • View Profile
« Reply #4148 on: 08 April 2015, 11:02:41 pm »

They look good Mr, what was the actual paint you used?

its granvile cylinder black,  I did say engine but got it wrong here http://www.granvilleoil.com/product_info.php?prod_id=252

Also to add - it comes in small tins but is quite thin and gos a long way, even though its thin it covers well, you could amost paint glass with it, and its hard to see the brush strokes after, I recon you could do your exhaust 3 or 4 times over from 1 small tin
« Last Edit: 08 April 2015, 11:36:43 pm by fazersharp »

fazersharp

• GP Hero
  • 10 stone Racing Snake
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • View Profile
« Reply #4149 on: 08 April 2015, 11:04:36 pm »
Mine are stock OEM and it could just be a "98" thing like many other little quirks only the 98 has