Date: 24-04-24  Time: 15:59 pm

Author Topic: disliking the bad weather  (Read 1496 times)

Gromit

• CBT Wobbler
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • View Profile
disliking the bad weather
« on: 03 January 2012, 12:22:30 pm »
Hi fazer experts,

I normally use my 2000 fzs for a 20 mile commute, however having just moved home and having to ride 120 miles in gale force winds and substantial rain and atleast an inch of standing water on the motorway i noticed the old girl was starting to runa little weak. I assumed water got in somewhere but after taking a good look over everything (plugs through to hairline cracks in the carb rubbers) i couldnt seem to find anything obvious. Anyone have any thoughts?

Bracechenko

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZ1 Faired Gen2
    • View Profile
Re: disliking the bad weather
« Reply #1 on: 03 January 2012, 02:24:33 pm »
Providing all 4 cylinders were still firing then i'd not worry about it. The rain was particularly dreadful this morning and when it's so wet like that there's moisture everywhere so you prob had damp air going in with a slightly weak spark but nothing that a good dry out will sort.

Mine used to always misfire in those conditions but that was because the spark plug drain hole was blocked with crud so cleared that and all sorted.

Try to ride it in the next dry weather as soon as possible to blow out any residual water etc etc

bikerboys

• Weekend Warrior
  • full licenses don't come in cornflake packets!
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 03 January 2012, 02:53:41 pm »
as
Bracechenko said Providing all4 cylinderswere still firing. if 3 cylinders firing been there had the t shirt its you plug leads spray some wd40 on the plug lead's that will get shut of the damp from the water  its a temp fix until you find out where its getting in .

full licenses don't come in cornflake packets!

limax2

• Creep.
  • GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 03 January 2012, 08:31:02 pm »
Even with a fender extender water gets sprayed up from the front wheel all over the engine and in really wet conditions also under the tank. I fitted this shield mainly to stop road grit shot blasting the exhaust pipes and engine but it also prevents direct spray from the wheel up to the electrics. The graphics are optional!

limax2

• Creep.
  • GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 03 January 2012, 08:35:12 pm »
Here's the photo that got lost!