Date: 28-03-24  Time: 12:04 pm

Author Topic: PC3 Help  (Read 4920 times)

slappy

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - MT09
    • View Profile
Re: PC3 Help
« Reply #25 on: 22 September 2014, 01:16:22 pm »
He says it's the reg/rec, and that they're there from the factory
Well it does certainly look like one but it seems an odd place to put it.
Have you looked at another bike that is the exact same model as yours to compare it with as thats the only way to be sure I think.

Ballpien

• CBT Wobbler
    • Main bike:
      FZ1 Naked Gen2
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 22 September 2014, 01:37:42 pm »
Well Google images would tend to disagree with his explanation. 5-6 bikes and not one had that part there.

I'll ask the local stealer tomorrow if he knows what it is and where should it be.

I'll also have one to compare it to, too...having tyres fitted tomorrow and the guy has an FZ1
“This anti-climax reminded me of the time when my girlfriend said she needed her ring widening and we walked straight past Superdrug to H.M.Samuel”

noggythenog

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - TRX Noggyfighter
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 27 September 2014, 04:59:24 pm »

Any luck with this yet mate?

I agree from google i cant obviously see this device so what the foc is it doing there i wonder.
Easiest way to go fast........don't buy a blue bike

unfazed

• GP Hero
  • Never ride faster than your guardian angel can fly
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • - FZS1000 05-06, Serow 2000
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 27 September 2014, 05:47:16 pm »
http://foc-u.co.uk/MGalleryItem.php?id=2294
DSC 0258[1]
DSC 0258[1]

Also, could someone please tell me (see pic above) what that is under the oil viewing window. I hadn't even thought about it until the geezer from last night pointed it out. He seemed to think it had something to do with the exhaust emissions....O2 sensor? Could/should it be removed? I've checked the manual that Unfazed uploaded but I can't see it for the life of me :o

It is the rectifier/regulator.  If you look at page 2-47 and page 4-4 of the FZ1 manual I uploaded.

noggythenog

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - TRX Noggyfighter
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: 27 September 2014, 06:25:58 pm »
http://foc-u.co.uk/MGalleryItem.php?id=2294
DSC 0258[1]
DSC 0258[1]

Also, could someone please tell me (see pic above) what that is under the oil viewing window. I hadn't even thought about it until the geezer from last night pointed it out. He seemed to think it had something to do with the exhaust emissions....O2 sensor? Could/should it be removed? I've checked the manual that Unfazed uploaded but I can't see it for the life of me :o

It is the rectifier/regulator.  If you look at page 2-47 and page 4-4 of the FZ1 manual I uploaded.

I see it. 8)

So the rectifier for the naked model is under the belly pan.

& on the faired model it is..........somewhere else.....i did look for it on the manual but only seen it once floating in mid air above the bike.....good guess that it is under the fairing though...ill have a look next time im in the shed.

slappy

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - MT09
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: 27 September 2014, 07:38:12 pm »
In every photo I have looked at of a naked FZ1 I cannot see the reg/rec in the same position  on any of them.
It seems to be in a position where it will catch all the crap thrown up off the road,unless the bellypan comes as standard which I don't think it does.

noggythenog

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - TRX Noggyfighter
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: 27 September 2014, 07:43:59 pm »
In every photo I have looked at of a naked FZ1 I cannot see the reg/rec in the same position  on any of them.
It seems to be in a position where it will catch all the crap thrown up off the road,unless the bellypan comes as standard which I don't think it does.

I think they come with the bellypan slappy.

I seen what u fazed is talking about..,the manual clearly shows it and it is part of one of the process where it shows taking off the bellypan and then the rectifier.

Agreed though i couldn't see any on pics.....we need another naked owner to confirm it.......coz i dunno about that unfazed fella....he rarely gets anything right :b

slappy

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - MT09
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: 27 September 2014, 07:52:19 pm »
Still think its a daft place to put it, glad I bought the faired version now :)

unfazed

• GP Hero
  • Never ride faster than your guardian angel can fly
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • - FZS1000 05-06, Serow 2000
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: 28 September 2014, 12:34:36 am »

Agreed though i couldn't see any on pics.....we need another naked owner to confirm it.......coz i dunno about that unfazed fella....he rarely gets anything right :b

:finger :D :D