Date: 27-04-24  Time: 03:00 am

Author Topic: Newbie with Project Fazer  (Read 1056 times)

Ferg

• CBT Wobbler
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • - XJR1300
    • View Profile
Newbie with Project Fazer
« on: 20 September 2015, 10:09:45 am »
Hi, I'm Ferg. Just bought a Fazer that has been sitting outside for a couple of years after it threw a change. Got it through a local bike shop for next to nothing. Its an import as the speedo has a MPH sticker on it and the lights dip to the wrong side. First registered May 2002 but I suspect its a 2000 model. Maybe and expert on here can tell from the photos.

Confession time. My first love is actually my 1999 XJR1300 and this will be my second bike. Sorry if that offends any Fazer lovers!!

Needs a fair bit of work but ill get it running first, MOTd and taxed and then see what I want to do with it.

The chain and rear sprocket are missing along with one chain adjuster. Might be spacers from rear wheel also but need to look into that a bit more first.

Previous owner said that the clutch wont engage since the chain came off. Hopefully its just a bent push rod or something simple.

I will probably be bugging you all for more info once I start work on it. Power washed it this morning!! Photos are pre-powerwash.

red98

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - FZS600,CB400/4,X7,CB250
    • View Profile
Re: Newbie with Project Fazer
« Reply #1 on: 20 September 2015, 10:45:49 am »
Nice intro FERG and welcome to the forum....common problem with these bikes is the front sprocket nut, had a recall years ago and yam changed the size of the nut, nut can come off in extreme cases, I would check that first   ;)......lots of work you got there, theres a few of us on here that have stock piles of fazer spares so if you need anything its worth putting a post in the for sale/wanted section.....
One, is never going to be enough.....

Ferg

• CBT Wobbler
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • - XJR1300
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 20 September 2015, 01:02:10 pm »
Cheers REd98. I have just taken off the housing and as I suspected the push rod has been damaged. The end part fell out of the casing as I took it off. I will have to take off the clutch cover on the other side and see if I can either get it out or push it through from there. Nothing else damaged so I'm happy with that.

Val

• WSB Pack Hound
  • Foccer-Wulf
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - MT09
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 22 September 2015, 02:14:52 pm »
Welcome Ferg  :)

Wish you to have it soon on the road, in case you have not found it you can get Haynes, the service and parts manuals from here in download section:

http://foc-u.co.uk/index.php?action=downloads;cat=2
Adrian Monk: Unless I'm wrong, which, you know, I'm not.