Date: 26-04-24  Time: 01:47 am

Author Topic: New Forum User  (Read 1537 times)

rockape487

• Cager in Training
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - FZ1000s
    • View Profile
New Forum User
« on: 02 September 2013, 03:47:02 pm »
Hi all,
Im a new forum user, looking for some pointers on next choice of tyres! (forgive if wrong place)
Looking at either Michelin pilot road 3 or Dunlop roadsmarts 2 for my 2001 Fazer thou? I ride in all weathers all year round on a mixture of roads from motorway to B's.

Any info would be greatly appreciated
Thanks

bigbluebear

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - Kawasaki Z1000SX
    • View Profile
Re: New Forum User
« Reply #1 on: 02 September 2013, 06:26:23 pm »
Hi and welcome, nice to see new members on a proper sized Fazer.........you will get varied views on here regarding tyres as its all down to riding style and preferences......I have just put Dunlop Roadsmarts on mine, and although I've just scrubbed them in and not fully tested them I find them suitable for spirited riding so far

Chris

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 03 September 2013, 04:34:15 pm »
Hey,

Welcome to the forum  8)

Tyres are such an individual thing, got to try a few until you find ones that suit your style of riding. Although, I have heard nothing but praise for the pilot road 3's. Give them a try and see if you like them, if not then they can always be changed  :)

Chris
« Last Edit: 03 September 2013, 06:15:26 pm by Chris »

It wouldn't be fun if it was easy, I just wish it wasn't this much fun.

Hedgetrimmer

• GP Hero
  • FOC-U official topiary expert
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 03 September 2013, 05:59:00 pm »
Hi rockape, with that name you've gotta be RAF Regiment or ex?
Welcome to the best Fazer forum and at least one of the best bike forums on the web.
Personally I'm a fan of the Pilot Road 2s, apparently the only difference between these and the 3s are the extra sipes in the tread pattern on the 3s, carcass construction and compounds are identical. I find the 2s confidence inspiring in the wet, most modern tyres are fine in the dry, not sure they last particularly well, but I do get a bit "enthusiastic" with the throttle! Tyre choice is, however, a very personal thing, and what works for one won't necessarily work for all. There are a number of tyre threads on the site, obviously your first port of call should be those on the FZS1000/FZ1 corner.

Enjoy the site and get involved!

Nick