Date: 28-03-24  Time: 18:38 pm

Author Topic: new indicators  (Read 1032 times)

celticdog

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • View Profile
new indicators
« on: 13 June 2019, 08:54:08 pm »
Gents, does anyone have any reccomendations for aftermarket indicators?
Have a look at the pic- I foolishly drove off with the chain still attached between the rear wheel and the givi arm  :o
If I go down the LED route rather than the bulb type, will I need to fit a new flasher relay? Any advice appreciated.
Treat everything in life the way a dog would- if you can't eat it or foc it, forget it.

Grayo

• WSB Pack Hound
  • Another ex Fazer owner still hanging around.
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - Triumph Tiger 1050 Sport
    • View Profile
Re: new indicators
« Reply #1 on: 13 June 2019, 09:11:16 pm »
LED is the way to go. Much brighter. Yes you will need to change the relay but the likes of M&P supply model specific LED relays and it is a 30 second job to change it.
I could change my opinion, but then we'd both be wrong.

Disorderlypunk

• WSB Pack Hound
  • riding till i die (or breakdown)
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - fazer stolen - gsx1100 rebuild
    • View Profile
    • disorderly punks motovlog
« Reply #2 on: 13 June 2019, 11:10:54 pm »
will need some of the little infills aswell to turn the egg shaped hole into a round one for the new indicator stem
i just used some bloody big washers and painted them black, i trimmed my plate down a bit as well to give as much visibility for the cars behind at an angle

darrsi

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 14 June 2019, 05:17:08 am »
LED is the way to go. Much brighter. Yes you will need to change the relay but the likes of M&P supply model specific LED relays and it is a 30 second job to change it.

I recently treated the bikes indicators to new lens covers and brighter bulbs, and they worked a treat. Although the old lens covers did clean up better than expected but were slightly tatty so have kept them as spares.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/10-x-UPGRADE-INDICATOR-BULBS-12-VOLT-27-WATT-BA15-BA15S-2-x-SETS-OF-4-2-SPARES/303040075094?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649

More people are born because of alcohol than will ever die from it.

midden

• Operation Foc-UTree
  • GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • - Falcon Stealth
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 16 June 2019, 05:11:44 pm »

Is that seriously the reason behind the led obsession..... Jeez

Personally I'd say original all the way saves aggro of changing relays  not to mention the question of reliability, will they fit securely along with possible cost (tbf there are some cheap options).    If a road user doesn't spot the original indicator then they ain't looking
Women have chocolate men have bikes.....
including ones who like chocolate....;)