Date: 28-03-24  Time: 09:26 am

Author Topic: What did you do with whatever else you've got?  (Read 505204 times)

Ben Diesel

• Foc-u Pikey
  • GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - VFR750FS FJR1300
    • View Profile
Re: What did you do with whatever else you've got?
« Reply #975 on: 25 August 2015, 01:05:22 pm »
Took my 20 year old 92,400 mile VFR for its MOT.

Pass. No advisories.

stevierst

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - XSR900
    • View Profile
« Reply #976 on: 26 August 2015, 06:47:05 pm »
Just bought this for the R1. I'm gonna be sat at the front door like a kid waiting for it to arrive. :P
Stop polishing it and ride the bloody thing!!

noggythenog

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - TRX Noggyfighter
    • View Profile
« Reply #977 on: 26 August 2015, 07:13:20 pm »
Just bought this for the R1. I'm gonna be sat at the front door like a kid waiting for it to arrive. :P

Have you not seen the shock snap thread stevie????

Get it on there mucker....& a reference to maxxis :b
Easiest way to go fast........don't buy a blue bike

esetest

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - MotoguzziV7racer
    • View Profile
« Reply #978 on: 30 August 2015, 05:53:07 pm »
Just got back from a sunny and fun few days at Blackpool .

red98

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - FZS600,CB400/4,X7,CB250
    • View Profile
« Reply #979 on: 30 August 2015, 07:19:43 pm »
Took the head off my honda cb250rs to see why its burning oil, yep, that will be why then...
One, is never going to be enough.....

red98

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #980 on: 31 August 2015, 12:46:41 pm »
Re-assembled my 250 honda with ebay bought barrel and piston, started second kick  :thumbup...welding up the exhaust pipes this afternoon, thats going to take a little longer  :rolleyes

noggythenog

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - TRX Noggyfighter
    • View Profile
« Reply #981 on: 31 August 2015, 02:13:18 pm »
Mr Red...some tutorial that was :pokefun ......what damage am i actually looking at?......face of the piston looks all pitted & stuff but what else oh knowldgable one?

unfazed

• GP Hero
  • Never ride faster than your guardian angel can fly
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • - FZS1000 05-06, Serow 2000
    • View Profile
« Reply #982 on: 31 August 2015, 02:46:31 pm »
Took the head off my honda cb250rs to see why its burning oil, yep, that will be why then...

Yep, sure has plenty of paths for the oil to follow, must have been like a two stroke :eek

red98

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #983 on: 31 August 2015, 03:56:17 pm »
Woooooo....hold up there MR NOG.......a quick check on FOC-U rules and regs tells me that if you dont own a fazer you cant use the "poke fun"thingy...... ;).....heres a piccie that might explain it better to a non fazer owner...... :lol...didn't do a "how to" as not a fazer , same principles though.. ;)

unfazed....surprisingly it didn' t smoke that much and a compression test showed a good reading only a slight improvemet with a drop of oil down the bore before re-testing, you could smell it though, and to make matters worse  I dont think the oils been changed since new, a real stale smell  :\.....didn't expect this level of damage though, I had already bought the replacement barrel/piston before stripping as cheaper than rebore/new piston/rings...all good now
« Last Edit: 31 August 2015, 03:57:36 pm by red98 »

joebloggs

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • - ZX9RE1
    • View Profile
« Reply #984 on: 02 September 2015, 03:23:03 pm »
Got a engine under tray for my Eunos. MOT time and Mr MOT man wouldn't be impressed with my slightly modified steering rack :D
Complete fabrication, I didn't make it up!

esetest

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - MotoguzziV7racer
    • View Profile
« Reply #985 on: 02 September 2015, 04:22:59 pm »
Took the Guzzi out for a spin around the country lanes  in the Autumn sunshine .

unfazed

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • View Profile
« Reply #986 on: 02 September 2015, 07:20:38 pm »
Woooooo....hold up there MR NOG.......a quick check on FOC-U rules and regs tells me that if you dont own a fazer you cant use the "poke fun"thingy...... ;) .....heres a piccie that might explain it better to a non fazer owner...... :lol ...didn't do a "how to" as not a fazer , same principles though.. ;)

unfazed....surprisingly it didn' t smoke that much and a compression test showed a good reading only a slight improvemet with a drop of oil down the bore before re-testing, you could smell it though, and to make matters worse  I dont think the oils been changed since new, a real stale smell  :\ .....didn't expect this level of damage though, I had already bought the replacement barrel/piston before stripping as cheaper than rebore/new piston/rings...all good now

Last time I saw that kind of wear was on a CB125 which had a lot of piston slap and the gudgeon pin was badly worn. We thought that may have been the cause or the bore/piston wear. We rebored it to first oversize and replaced all the bits and it went like a train for years after. Never really understood why the pin wore so badly, as it never happened again.
What was the play in the gudgeon pin like?

noggythenog

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - TRX Noggyfighter
    • View Profile
« Reply #987 on: 02 September 2015, 07:47:24 pm »
Woooooo....hold up there MR NOG.......a quick check on FOC-U rules and regs tells me that if you dont own a fazer you cant use the "poke fun"thingy...... ;) .....heres a piccie that might explain it better to a non fazer owner...... :lol ...didn't do a "how to" as not a fazer , same principles though.. ;)

unfazed....surprisingly it didn' t smoke that much and a compression test showed a good reading only a slight improvemet with a drop of oil down the bore before re-testing, you could smell it though, and to make matters worse  I dont think the oils been changed since new, a real stale smell  :\ .....didn't expect this level of damage though, I had already bought the replacement barrel/piston before stripping as cheaper than rebore/new piston/rings...all good now

Last time I saw that kind of wear was on a CB125 which had a lot of piston slap and the gudgeon pin was badly worn. We thought that may have been the cause or the bore/piston wear. We rebored it to first oversize and replaced all the bits and it went like a train for years after. Never really understood why the pin wore so badly, as it never happened again.

....gudgeon pin eh.........it was a bit like this i reckon :b

:pokefun :pokefun :pokefun :pokefun :pokefun :pokefun

red98

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #988 on: 02 September 2015, 09:03:55 pm »

....gudgeon pin eh.........it was a bit like this i reckon :b

:pokefun :pokefun :pokefun :pokefun :pokefun :pokefun

just a small amount of play in the gudeon pin UNFAZED, made a good racket  :eek...little bit of wear in the cam and followers, no exhaust on at the moment as iam welding up a few holes, but starting up and using the old screwdriver trick to the block reveals a nice quiet engine, looking forward to getting the exhaust back on to see what its really like.......you missing the fazer NOGGY
 :pokefun :pokefun :pokefun :pokefun :pokefun :pokefun :pokefun :pokefun :pokefun :pokefun :pokefun :pokefun :pokefun :pokefun :pokefun :pokefun :pokefun :pokefun :pokefun :pokefun :pokefun :pokefun :pokefun :pokefun :pokefun :pokefun :pokefun :pokefun :pokefun :pokefun :nana       :lol

unfazed

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • View Profile
« Reply #989 on: 02 September 2015, 09:36:41 pm »
Missing the real Fazers he Red and afraid to admit it, took my 600 for a run tonight to test out the new pipes. :thumbup

Still a few nice clean ones around Noggy,

My 2003, 86000miler all weather baby, after seeing this you know you still want one :pokefun :lol Not for sale :eek

slimwilly

• GP Hero
  • I love to ride them hills
    • Main bike:
      FZ1 Faired Gen2
    • View Profile
« Reply #990 on: 04 September 2015, 08:40:42 pm »
Took the Husky 350 out for a quick spin,,called at the pub for a pint,, got home and the dog had escaped,,oh dear ,, got into the chicken orchard,,,i found one badly chewed chicken,,,still alive ,,,,just.

Terry the young cockerel came out from the bushes,unscathed,,3 pheasants came down from the trees to me,,then after half an hour I spotted another chicken,,looks ok,,it was wedged in some thistles,be tween some rubbish,,

so 1 chicken missing and a pheasant,, hope they appear in the morning,, also hope the injured chicken survives.

My fault,,leaving poultry out while away,,dog just doing what working dogs do.

Now the dog was out,,came to greet me,,,naughty dog,,,buttttt, my wife says the dog only got out when it heard the motorbike,,,perhaps mr Fox paid a visit,,thats why the chicken is missing,,,,,so what happened ?
An ageing test pilot for home grown widgets that may fail at anytime.

noggythenog

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - TRX Noggyfighter
    • View Profile
« Reply #991 on: 04 September 2015, 09:01:37 pm »
Took the Husky 350 out for a quick spin,,called at the pub for a pint,, got home and the dog had escaped,,oh dear ,, got into the chicken orchard,,,i found one badly chewed chicken,,,still alive ,,,,just.

Terry the young cockerel came out from the bushes,unscathed,,3 pheasants came down from the trees to me,,then after half an hour I spotted another chicken,,looks ok,,it was wedged in some thistles,be tween some rubbish,,

so 1 chicken missing and a pheasant,, hope they appear in the morning,, also hope the injured chicken survives.

Now the dog was out,,came to greet me,,,naughty dog,,,buttttt, my wife says the dog only got out when it heard the motorbike,,,perhaps mr Fox paid a visit,,thats why the chicken is missing,,,,,so what happened ?

The fact that the chicken was chewed & not dissapeared thus proves that Bruce was the culprit.....he wanted to eat it......but he also knew youd want it...he was torn.....so was the...err.......anyway...if the fox had got it you wouldnt be seeing it...bruce should still be rewarded for leaving you a bit.....and preffering chappie.

noggythenog

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - TRX Noggyfighter
    • View Profile
« Reply #992 on: 05 September 2015, 07:31:55 pm »
Picked it up....and rode it home from cheltenham on the A40......& had a bacon roll at Oasis cafe Abergavenny....first tome i've been there. 8)

unfazed

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • View Profile
« Reply #993 on: 05 September 2015, 07:40:37 pm »
Picked it up....and rode it home from cheltenham on the A40......& had a bacon roll at Oasis cafe Abergavenny....first tome i've been there. 8)

What did you pick up? a bacon sandwich, a car a bike, what ?????? :rolleyes Please, please, please don't say it was a BMW :'(

noggythenog

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - TRX Noggyfighter
    • View Profile
« Reply #994 on: 05 September 2015, 08:20:13 pm »

What did you pick up? a bacon sandwich, a car a bike, what ?????? :rolleyes Please, please, please don't say it was a BMW :'(

100% yamaha :D

red98

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #995 on: 05 September 2015, 08:47:31 pm »

100% yamaha :D

MT ?

slimwilly

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZ1 Faired Gen2
    • View Profile
« Reply #996 on: 05 September 2015, 08:52:11 pm »
He was and maybe still is hell bent on a MT07,  perhaps he has secomed,

it would do for him hooni9ng around the welsh peninsula

noggythenog

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - TRX Noggyfighter
    • View Profile
« Reply #997 on: 05 September 2015, 08:53:23 pm »
Ok.ok.ok

Here's a pic of the front mudguard....probably sideyways.

What's in the safe Red :lol :evil

slimwilly

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZ1 Faired Gen2
    • View Profile
« Reply #998 on: 05 September 2015, 09:05:47 pm »
It's naked, and it's a parelell twin,,, umm , a bike for a little guy now owned by a big hairy scotsman who is gonna thrash it.

« Last Edit: 05 September 2015, 09:18:26 pm by slimwilly »

slimwilly

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZ1 Faired Gen2
    • View Profile
« Reply #999 on: 05 September 2015, 09:24:25 pm »

Well this morning all pheasants present and later on the second Cream legbar chicken reappeared, unharmed too,

the injured cream legbar never made it,,so just lost one,,good result really from a dog attack