Date: 19-04-24  Time: 23:07 pm

Author Topic: Left hand bar switch cluster  (Read 883 times)

fazed

• Weekend Warrior
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
Left hand bar switch cluster
« on: 20 June 2013, 11:52:55 am »
Recently I dropped my fazer at a stand still on a gravelly lay by  :o , as well as feeling stupid & getting a couple of minor grazes the clutch lever swivelled round & impacted on the switch cluster.  I managed to get that back in the right place easily then checked out the switches they all worked ok except the horn, I checked the connectors on the horn itself in case they had been loosened - but they are ok & the fuses but there is no separate fuse shown in the circuit for the horn so I suspect that the internal horn switch is u/s or that perhaps a wire has come loose or sheared.  Any idea where I can get a used spare from, I guess it comes with connections to the loom as the internal wiring is all soldered rather than with connectors.  Any help from anyone whos had a similar expereince would be much appreciated.....
This is as young as you're ever going to be!

unfazed

• GP Hero
  • Never ride faster than your guardian angel can fly
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • - FZS1000 05-06, Serow 2000
    • View Profile
Re: Left hand bar switch cluster
« Reply #1 on: 20 June 2013, 05:31:49 pm »
It may just have a dislodged spring in the button.
Open the switch and take it apart to check and give it a good spray with contact cleaner or WD40 reassemble and try it again before resorting to buying a switch cluster you may not need

fazed

• Weekend Warrior
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
Re: Left hand bar switch cluster
« Reply #2 on: 25 June 2013, 09:08:23 am »
Thanks for the response - the switch for the horn seems to spring back ok when it's pressed but still worth checking out, just hope that I don't have to do any wiring stuff......electrics seem to involve some sort of magic as far as I can see :\
This is as young as you're ever going to be!