Date: 18-04-24  Time: 10:58 am

Author Topic: Preferred tyres on the FZ6?  (Read 1878 times)

Arfa

• WSB Pack Hound
    • Main bike:
      FZ6 S2 07-09
    • View Profile
    • Beginner Biker Adventures
Preferred tyres on the FZ6?
« on: 24 June 2020, 12:37:09 pm »
Been running Michilin Road 5's for last 1.5 years on my FZ6 S2, they're not bad, lasted well (over 10k). But never really had the confidence to really tip the bike into bends like I used to with my FZS600 on Metz M7RR's. A while ago, I did have confidence hit with a low side spin up when pulling out of a junction in a hurry when the Road 5s were still cold, so it could all just be in my head.

Anyways, the Road 5s nearly worn out now, contemplating going back to Metzeler M7RR or their new M9RR's. Figured they'd be a bit stickier than Road 5's, but still reasonable all rounders for all weathers, even if they likely won't last as long.

What do you have on your FZ6?
What do you prefer on it and why?Anyone tried the M7RR or M9RRs on the FZ6?

(can of worms opened, go!)

agricola

• GP Hero
  • Man on a mission
    • Main bike:
      FZ6 S2 07-09
    • View Profile
Re: Preferred tyres on the FZ6?
« Reply #1 on: 24 June 2020, 01:32:40 pm »
Bridgestone BT 024s on mine. I take it on track in Inters, and get decent mileage too on the road.

Grahamm

• Global Moderator
  • GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZ6 04-06
    • View Profile
    • Affordable Leather Products
« Reply #2 on: 24 June 2020, 05:07:47 pm »
I'm currently using Bridgstone T31s.

I swapped the OEM Dunlop 220s for Bridgstone 021s, then 023s, then the T30 and now the T31.

I've found them well wearing and good in the dry or the wet.

Supposedly Michelin Pilot Roads are better, but they're also about £100 more.

RedClive

• Pyjama Boy
  • Club Racer
    • Main bike:
      FZ6 04-06
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 24 August 2020, 08:23:33 pm »
Useful to me too this thread as I have the old Dunlops on mine and feel exactly the same - FZ6 does not inspire the same level of cornering confidence as FZS600.  The balance does not seem as good and - more weight up front.  Under the tank seems a stupid place for a battery  :rolleyes so to try and even it up I've replaced mine for a lithium one.  It feels better to me but that could be complete tosh and it's just my imagination.

Arfa

• WSB Pack Hound
    • Main bike:
      FZ6 S2 07-09
    • View Profile
    • Beginner Biker Adventures
« Reply #4 on: 24 August 2020, 09:24:19 pm »
Went for Metzler Roadtec 01 SE's in the end. Opted for touring longevity over the sporty grip of M9RR's. Nonetheless, liking the Roadtec 01 SE's a lot, been riding all round Wales including in some of this crappy wet weather. Holding up great, give lots of confidence, plenty of grip for touring. I'm not one to tip a bike right over, get my knee down and scrub every last bit of chicken strips off, but I definitely like these Metzler's. I certainly prefer their profile and feel compared to Road 5's.