Date: 29-03-24  Time: 08:59 am

Author Topic: Today's "What Gets My Goat" - NO POLITICS!  (Read 643091 times)

lew600fazer

• GP Hero
  • There is only one form of racing, road racing.
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - 2017 MT-09 Tracer ABS
    • View Profile
Re: Today's "What Gets My Goat"
« Reply #1200 on: 24 February 2017, 10:11:39 am »

Banks don't get me started, well okay then. How about this. I moved from Spain about a year ago to France. I had to keep my Spanish bank account open as I still had a few bills to pay and also some funds to come in from the sale of the villa.
After all transactions were completed I tried to close the account. I tried emailing my local branch, No they said you need to call into the branch to close the account. I now live 1000kms away that is not feasible just close the account, NO you need to call in. Then they started to charge for managing the account. I contacted the head office (Banco Sabadell) explaining I wanted to close the account. Okay but you will need to call into your branch to close the account. But I live 1000kms away. Yes okay we understand, but you will need to call into your branch to close the account ffs. I contacted my Branch again by phone this time. If I let the account lie dormant will it be closed after say a year, NO it will remain open. Okay how about we run the balance down and then close the account, No and if you fail to maintain funds in the account it will go into arrears and as you do not have an overdraft facility we can charge you 29% per day interest against the increasing debt. I had about €300 in the account. I went down to Spain in November went to the ATM at the branch pulled the lot out and then went into close the account. It was worth the trip as obviously when they pulled the details up and I signed the forms to close the account they then presented me with a demand for €14.75 admin fee for closing the account. I advised then to re arrange this well known phrase off and fuck.

MT-09 Tracer for those who no longer can handle a BIG boy Fazer

Fazer99

• Club Racer
  • Private sign do not read
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - VFR800FI
    • View Profile
« Reply #1201 on: 24 February 2017, 02:08:34 pm »
I advised then to re arrange this well known phrase off and fuck.

go on! tell us what their reply was?  :lol I'm finding this stoy wery entertaining
RIP my beautiful red beast 1999 to 2017 😭🏍😭

Graham53

• WSB Pack Hound
    • Main bike:
      FZ1 Faired Gen2
    • - FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #1202 on: 24 February 2017, 02:44:02 pm »
I have a few friends that live in Spain and from what they have told me about that particular bank it probably would have been different outcome if he was Spanish  :rolleyes

lew600fazer

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • View Profile
« Reply #1203 on: 24 February 2017, 02:46:08 pm »

they said something along the lines of ,

No te vayas a la mierda :lol

Seriously though they just looked at me dumb like.!!!!
There was a big German guy behind me in the queue , nosey bastard, but he nearly pissed himself trying not to  laugh. I was having a coffee in a bar beside the bank and he came in for a beer. He came over and said that was the best 5 minutes he has ever had in that bank

I did get a letter from the manager apoligising for the inconveince of having to travel all that way, but he said it was out of their hands as it was policy from the head office. He did however say that if I ever returned to Spain thy did hope I would make Banco Sabadell my bank of choice lol

Fazer99

• Club Racer
  • Private sign do not read
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - VFR800FI
    • View Profile
« Reply #1204 on: 24 February 2017, 03:00:32 pm »

they said something along the lines of ,

No te vayas a la mierda :lol

Seriously though they just looked at me dumb like.!!!!
There was a big German guy behind me in the queue , nosey bastard, but he nearly pissed himself trying not to  laugh. I was having a coffee in a bar beside the bank and he came in for a beer. He came over and said that was the best 5 minutes he has ever had in that bank

I did get a letter from the manager apoligising for the inconveince of having to travel all that way, but he said it was out of their hands as it was policy from the head office. He did however say that if I ever returned to Spain thy did hope I would make Banco Sabadell my bank of choice lol

And I take it you filed that letter in the trash folder  :lol

This little story has cheered me right up after my little blip out and nearly being taken out by a FOCCING DICKHEAD IN A FOCCING BMW not using the mirrors or even just turning his head as I was right FOCCING next to him, no indication, no looking, just pulled the FOC out. I tried to lefthook his mirror off, but missed so had to quickly change it to a wanker hand signal so it didn't look like i missed  :lol
RIP my beautiful red beast 1999 to 2017 😭🏍😭

maddog04

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - Pan ST1300
    • View Profile
« Reply #1205 on: 26 February 2017, 10:40:01 pm »
lazy idiotic journo's

story in my local rag about a guy caught breaking into a shop through the back wall.....Police told the journo he was caught coz neighbours heard him using a stihl saw to do the brickwork and the reporter wrote STEEL saw

that's STIHL saw you thick journo cnut
did you think it was a steel saw as opposed to a wooden one FFS :'(
fire never sleeps

darrsi

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • View Profile
« Reply #1206 on: 27 February 2017, 04:28:25 am »
lazy idiotic journo's

story in my local rag about a guy caught breaking into a shop through the back wall.....Police told the journo he was caught coz neighbours heard him using a stihl saw to do the brickwork and the reporter wrote STEEL saw

that's STIHL saw you thick journo cnut
did you think it was a steel saw as opposed to a wooden one FFS :'(

I'm forever correcting reporters spelling,i find it quite insulting sometimes when they get words so very wrong.
The thing i don't get though is how it even happens? If i misspell a word on my laptop then it tells me by putting a red squiggly line under it. Not only that, but you'd think you'd go back over and check your own work first before releasing it to millions of people to see anyway? I know i certainly would.
It really is just lazy and sloppy work.

On that note, i just read a story about some poor sod who got hit by a car that's wrecked his life, and on the headline it was a BMW, then in the main story it's turned into a Mercedes.
« Last Edit: 27 February 2017, 05:15:55 am by darrsi »
More people are born because of alcohol than will ever die from it.

Dudeofrude

• GP Hero
  • Rude, Crude and Tattooed
    • Main bike:
      FZ1 Naked Gen2
    • View Profile
« Reply #1207 on: 27 February 2017, 04:26:10 pm »
Knobend council ground workers that have decided that it's gonna take the 4 weeks to dig up then re tarmac the 4 bus stops on the road around my cul de sac and in the process have covered the entire road (my only exit in both directions) with various gravel and mud debris, making it neigh on impossible to ride down. My front end slipped twice already today and that was thankfully only at about 10mph.
 I wouldn't mind but I'm gonna have this for a month because the lazy tossers only wanna work from 7am till lunchtime
I can't work out how they are making such a mess given they aren't even digging up the road, yet still manage to cover it all in shit.
I tell you what if I come off of my bike because of it then God help them!!

lew600fazer

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • View Profile
« Reply #1208 on: 27 February 2017, 05:35:12 pm »
Give then written notice that if they do not clean it up and as a result they will be sued, lawyers or us !!!!feel a claim coming on.

crickleymal

• Club Racer
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • View Profile
« Reply #1209 on: 28 February 2017, 09:54:20 am »
Knobend council ground workers that have decided that it's gonna take the 4 weeks to dig up then re tarmac the 4 bus stops on the road around my cul de sac and in the process have covered the entire road (my only exit in both directions) with various gravel and mud debris, making it neigh on impossible to ride down. My front end slipped twice already today and that was thankfully only at about 10mph.
 I wouldn't mind but I'm gonna have this for a month because the lazy tossers only wanna work from 7am till lunchtime
I can't work out how they are making such a mess given they aren't even digging up the road, yet still manage to cover it all in shit.
I tell you what if I come off of my bike because of it then God help them!!

I bet it's not the council, I bet it's Amey. They seem to have the road repair contracts for most of the country. And they're bloody useless.

I've had to do battle with my council about the state of the roads. They resurfaced a road half a mile from my house about 4 years ago and it's fallen to pieces. So they came along and patched some of the holes, sometimes even stopping the repair halfway along a rut! Feckwits. They resurfaced the road outside my house. OK it needed doing but not as much as the bit of road half a mile away (same road). But apparently they can't be proactive and do the worst bit first. They are "working on being proactive". This same company underspent their budget by 4 million pounds the other year. Enough to feed the Calais camp for an entire year. Incompetant twats.
Malc

Old enough to know better.

Dudeofrude

• GP Hero
  • Rude, Crude and Tattooed
    • Main bike:
      FZ1 Naked Gen2
    • View Profile
« Reply #1210 on: 28 February 2017, 12:01:18 pm »
Well either one of them reads this forum or somebody has complained because today there are signs up saying "warning,  mud on road".
And to give the guys their due about 3 of them started flagging me down as I was approaching to warn me of the crap that's all over the place.
Still think it should be cleaned up after each day though

mr self destruct

• WSB Pack Hound
  • Riding without a crash since 24-04-15
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • View Profile
« Reply #1211 on: 28 February 2017, 06:20:01 pm »
When your mrs texts you to pick your kid up from nursery because she's stuck in traffic and won't get there in time, but she keeps the only key to the spare car on her key ring that's in her fucking pocket, so you're looking at a £90 'Late Collection Fee' for the second time this month because the staff have to keep the nursery open, and seeing how she ain't worked for three years the money sure as shit isn't coming out of her purse.
Broken, bruised, forgotten, sore,
too fucked up to care any more.

BBROWN1664

• Administrator
  • GP Hero
  • Should get out more!
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • - Tracer 900
    • View Profile
    • My website
« Reply #1212 on: 28 February 2017, 06:23:09 pm »
tell her to feccin walk so she doesn't get stuck in traffic.

Failing that, if shes not working, she could look after the kids herself :pokefun

Maybe set herself up as a childminder (just kidding)
Another ex-Fazer rider that is a foccer again

fazerscotty

• WSB Pack Hound
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #1213 on: 28 February 2017, 08:17:35 pm »
When your mrs texts you to pick your kid up from nursery because she's stuck in traffic and won't get there in time, but she keeps the only key to the spare car on her key ring that's in her fucking pocket, so you're looking at a £90 'Late Collection Fee' for the second time this month because the staff have to keep the nursery open, and seeing how she ain't worked for three years the money sure as shit isn't coming out of her purse.

My missus rang me at work yesterday, having a go that she couldn't find her car keys. I said "they're on my desk - in front of me". "Why?" came the fired up response. "Cos we agreed I would use your car today to see if it was driving okay and that you would use mine to get around in"
Its amazing the effect a bottle of red has on their memory......  :rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin

lew600fazer

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • View Profile
« Reply #1214 on: 28 February 2017, 11:42:29 pm »

Getting four seasons in one day, got up this morning jumped on the bike for a  blast wall to wall sunshine, an hour into the ride dark clouds and the heavens opened stuck in the middle of nowhere fecking drenched . Rain stops and sun comes back out. Wind starts to pick up like really scary shit and
more dark clouds and suddenly hailstones nearly the size of golf balls fecking sore. hide in a shop door way and this French  twat says you cannot stay there you must move on, I think the look on my face told him his wishes were not going to be full filled. They stopped and the sun comes out again. I arrive back in my local village and the Gendarmes pull me over and check my ID  and look the bike over. Perfect day out.

Disorderlypunk

• WSB Pack Hound
  • riding till i die (or breakdown)
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - fazer stolen - gsx1100 rebuild
    • View Profile
    • disorderly punks motovlog
« Reply #1215 on: 01 March 2017, 12:02:03 am »
in west cumbria they are replacing expansion joints on a bridge (the little gaps at each end)
its going to cost £500,000 and take nine weeks to cut out to strips of tarmac rebolt in plates and retarmac
they have 30mph average speed cameras at the bridge but only for 100yds before you get there each side
then no-one accelerates to the NSL once they get to the signs - thank god bikes are slim and the cameras are forward facing :evil

Oldgit

• foccerwithoutaspacebar
  • GP Hero
  • Old Age & Treachery will Overcome Youth & Skill
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - BMW R1200RS Sport SE
    • View Profile
« Reply #1216 on: 01 March 2017, 04:01:08 pm »
people blaming everyone else for their own Foccin Foc ups----what the Foc is that all about.

taylor

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • View Profile
« Reply #1217 on: 01 March 2017, 08:00:53 pm »
bang on old git.   I been thinking the same thing today,  ?ankers
sent from my carafan in tenby, ;)

BBROWN1664

• Administrator
  • GP Hero
  • Should get out more!
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • - Tracer 900
    • View Profile
    • My website
« Reply #1218 on: 02 March 2017, 02:44:27 pm »
Myopic, geriatric, deaf, blind, arthritic stupid old people that shouldn't be on the road.

Nipped up to the shop at lunchtime to grab some milk and having pulled into the car park behind someone, they decided that they wanted the space that they were now alongside. Instead of pulling further forwards and reversing in, they put the car in reverse and pulled straight back into my front bumper. she was about 6 feet in front of me when we initially stopped but as soon as I saw the reversing lights come on I was sounding the horn. Didn't make a blind bit of difference, she just kept coming. Her excuse? She's deaf. Didn't stop her hearing her son on the phone when she called him for the insurance details or me talking to here though.
I suggested she needs her eyes checked as she obviously didn't see the bloody great Audi behind her. Made her think a bit though when I suggested she was better off that it was my car rather than the young mum pushing the buggy that it could have been that she also wouldn't have seen!

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

darrsi

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • View Profile
« Reply #1219 on: 03 March 2017, 05:28:45 am »
Myopic, geriatric, deaf, blind, arthritic stupid old people that shouldn't be on the road.

Nipped up to the shop at lunchtime to grab some milk and having pulled into the car park behind someone, they decided that they wanted the space that they were now alongside. Instead of pulling further forwards and reversing in, they put the car in reverse and pulled straight back into my front bumper. she was about 6 feet in front of me when we initially stopped but as soon as I saw the reversing lights come on I was sounding the horn. Didn't make a blind bit of difference, she just kept coming. Her excuse? She's deaf. Didn't stop her hearing her son on the phone when she called him for the insurance details or me talking to here though.
I suggested she needs her eyes checked as she obviously didn't see the bloody great Audi behind her. Made her think a bit though when I suggested she was better off that it was my car rather than the young mum pushing the buggy that it could have been that she also wouldn't have seen!

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I've had 3 major occasions where cars that have started cutting across me have completely ignored the air horn that is now fully pressed on sounding like a British Rail train, yet they've carried on regardless putting me in serious danger before i've had to take emergency measures to avoid me being wiped out.
I never ever considered them being deaf before, i just thought they were evil cnuts?

darrsi

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • View Profile
« Reply #1220 on: 03 March 2017, 05:30:31 am »
I've heard some bad ideas before, but what fucking planet is this woman from???  :grumble :grumble :grumble

Fazerider

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • View Profile
« Reply #1221 on: 03 March 2017, 08:15:00 am »
I've heard some bad ideas before, but what fucking planet is this woman from???  :grumble :grumble :grumble
I can see that the government forcing the BBC to fund elements of social policy is a disgrace, but the BBC suggesting that those old folks who can afford to do so might like to contribute rather than leech off the younger citizens doesn't seem a bad thing.

BBROWN1664

• Administrator
  • GP Hero
  • Should get out more!
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • - Tracer 900
    • View Profile
    • My website
« Reply #1222 on: 03 March 2017, 08:45:19 am »
A better idea would be to make the whole licence thing voluntary and tie it in with encryption of BBC channels.

You don't pay, they take it away. Will make the BBC realise how many people actually want their service and change the programming to suit.

BBROWN1664

• Administrator
  • GP Hero
  • Should get out more!
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • - Tracer 900
    • View Profile
    • My website
« Reply #1223 on: 03 March 2017, 09:04:02 am »
rip off merchants.

Following the incident yesterday, I emailed photos of the damage to three of the online "chips away" type companies. the first one back with the quote had looked up the registration number online and found it was still linked to the Hyundai it came off of rather than the Audi its on now. Despite me telling them it was an Audi when asking for the quote, the quote came back for £221 mentioning the Hyundai. I asked them to correct the paperwork so they did and came back with a revised quote of £445!!!!!!!

Their excuse? Its a premium brand and materials cost more. FFS, we are probably just talking about 0.5 litres of paint which I am sure they mix themselves. Robbing bastards.

darrsi

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • View Profile
« Reply #1224 on: 03 March 2017, 09:55:50 am »
I can see that the government forcing the BBC to fund elements of social policy is a disgrace, but the BBC suggesting that those old folks who can afford to do so might like to contribute rather than leech off the younger citizens doesn't seem a bad thing.

No, i totally disagree.
Leave the over 75's well alone. They were younger citizens once too, but had it a damn site more difficult than in this day and age. If they want to chuck money at the BBC then more fool them, but i find it all a bit distasteful.