Date: 29-03-24  Time: 01:11 am

Author Topic: Today's "What Gets My Goat" - NO POLITICS!  (Read 642666 times)

YamFazFan

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • View Profile
Re: Today's "What Gets My Goat"
« Reply #1075 on: 27 November 2016, 08:36:21 pm »
Those new sweeping Audi indicators that light from one side of the unit across to the other.
I think they are focin stupid and distraction and harder to see. First off the daylight running lights go off and then this sweeping amber light flashes across. Maybe I would like them if I was 12 years old.

:finger  :lol :lol :lol

fazersharp

• GP Hero
  • 10 stone Racing Snake
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • View Profile
« Reply #1076 on: 27 November 2016, 08:41:51 pm »
I was going to put it in your new post but thought it best to keep that for nice things as it was set up to be.
They are stupid though  :b
I don't do rain or threat there of. dry rider only with no shame.

Freck

• Club Racer
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • - Triumph Daytona 955, BMW R9T
    • View Profile
« Reply #1077 on: 27 November 2016, 08:59:01 pm »
Those new sweeping Audi indicators that light from one side of the unit across to the other.
I think they are focin stupid and distraction and harder to see. First off the daylight running lights go off and then this sweeping amber light flashes across. Maybe I would like them if I was 12 years old.

They're better than the ones that you can't see because a) they're far too small, and b) the foccing blinding DRLs don't dim.
Usually found on the Far Eastern makes for some reason, but I guess they're built to a price  :rolleyes

Fazer99

• Club Racer
  • Private sign do not read
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - VFR800FI
    • View Profile
« Reply #1078 on: 28 November 2016, 02:09:29 pm »
First of all AAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHH!

Now thats out of my system, what is it with FOCKING Audi drivers thinking that they can pull out as soon as their indicator goes on 'it's not safe to go, SO FOCKING WAIT YOU COCKWOMBLE' just poped out to get some antifog spray as my new pinlock visor hasn't arrived yet and on my way back this Audi wanker flipped his indicator on and at the same time turned into the side of my bike  :2guns :car :grumble no contact made but but it was focking close.
RIP my beautiful red beast 1999 to 2017 😭🏍😭

fazersharp

• GP Hero
  • 10 stone Racing Snake
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • View Profile
« Reply #1079 on: 28 November 2016, 09:26:45 pm »
Anything with a smell that does not need to smell.
Air fresheners, NO they don't they just add smell - that's not fresh air, I don't want my air to smell of focing lavender and silkwood, I want it to just smell of air.
Laundry detergents NO I don't want my clothes to smell of summer meadows -- that's what they smelt of before I washed them and that's the reason I washed them.
Washing up liquid NO, I don't want my plates to smell of lemon - that's what they smelt of before I washed them.
Shampoo NO I don't want my hair to smell of focing coconut   

Skippernick

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • View Profile
« Reply #1080 on: 28 November 2016, 10:03:48 pm »
Air fresheners, NO they don't they just add smell - that's not fresh air, I don't want my air to smell of focing lavender and silkwood, I want it to just smell of air.
Laundry detergents NO I don't want my clothes to smell of summer meadows -- that's what they smelt of before I washed them and that's the reason I washed them.
Washing up liquid NO, I don't want my plates to smell of lemon - that's what they smelt of before I washed them.

you DO smell horrid though!!
Red Heads - Slowly taking over the world!!!

maddog04

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - Pan ST1300
    • View Profile
« Reply #1081 on: 29 November 2016, 11:36:44 am »
that's why we were called grebo's and SMELLY'S :D
fire never sleeps

darrsi

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • View Profile
« Reply #1082 on: 29 November 2016, 12:37:37 pm »

I lost my sense of smell about 5 years ago after a bout of flu, so NOTHING smells to me.  :'(
More people are born because of alcohol than will ever die from it.

Billy Balthorpe

• Club Racer
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - 2 X 1987 fzr1000's, VN800
    • View Profile
« Reply #1083 on: 29 November 2016, 05:53:55 pm »

People who crowd around the outside doors of a lift, then try to get in without thinking that there may be people inside who need to get out.

fazersharp

• GP Hero
  • 10 stone Racing Snake
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • View Profile
« Reply #1084 on: 29 November 2016, 06:03:19 pm »

I lost my sense of smell about 5 years ago after a bout of flu, so NOTHING smells to me.  :'(
Kind of puts my goat getting into perspective really.  Does that also mean you can not taste.

YamFazFan

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • View Profile
« Reply #1085 on: 29 November 2016, 08:24:06 pm »

People who crowd around the outside doors of a lift, then try to get in without thinking that there may be people inside who need to get out.

Ditto Tube trains.

fazersharp

• GP Hero
  • 10 stone Racing Snake
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • View Profile
« Reply #1086 on: 04 December 2016, 09:15:52 pm »
People who say
Xenophobia
Zeitgeist
populism
diaspora
inclusion
Ring Fence
Remit
Tecronacts
Demographic
Annualised.

Any one who can put that lot into a sentence that makes sense does not belong on a motorbike forum.

fazersharp

• GP Hero
  • 10 stone Racing Snake
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • View Profile
« Reply #1087 on: 04 December 2016, 09:33:22 pm »
Same as the January rail fair increase they only moan on the day and not when it is announced some months before     

There you go not a peep about it just been announced average 2.3% increase in Jan - no news reporters camped outside train stations asking commuters their opinions, just wait until the day in comes in force, so predictable every year I bet the journos have had it in their diary since Febuary. 

Graham53

• WSB Pack Hound
    • Main bike:
      FZ1 Faired Gen2
    • - FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #1088 on: 05 December 2016, 12:52:43 am »
I've just watched a tv program with a bike chase scene in it , the bikes are clearly 4stroke mx machines yet the sound on the screen is of 2stroke machines !! Why the foccing hell would they dub the sound ??? I've seen/heard this on many tv/films before and it bugs the shit out of me as there's no reason for it , and the worst is when they dub the sound from a single cylinder 4stroke or 2stroke mx bike on the screen and replace it with a high revving in line 4 sports bike it's just daft
Why can't they just use the sound of the real bike ???

darrsi

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • View Profile
« Reply #1089 on: 05 December 2016, 06:25:55 am »
I've just watched a tv program with a bike chase scene in it , the bikes are clearly 4stroke mx machines yet the sound on the screen is of 2stroke machines !! Why the foccing hell would they dub the sound ??? I've seen/heard this on many tv/films before and it bugs the shit out of me as there's no reason for it , and the worst is when they dub the sound from a single cylinder 4stroke or 2stroke mx bike on the screen and replace it with a high revving in line 4 sports bike it's just daft
Why can't they just use the sound of the real bike ???

It's not always as straight forward as that, the sound simply wouldn't be as dynamic, the same as a lot of things, which is why they use a Foley Artist to recreate and enhance everyday sounds for cinema and tv purposes just to make things that little bit more exciting and over dramatic for the audience.
Things like fight scenes for example would all look and sound a bit odd if punching sounds weren't added because the actors/stunt people aren't actually hitting each other. Plus some noises either get drowned out during filming or just don't sound as great as they want them to so things like footsteps, slamming doors, smashing glass,etc, will all get a bit of a boost.

tommyardin

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      I don't own a bike
    • View Profile
« Reply #1090 on: 05 December 2016, 08:21:32 am »

you DO smell horrid though!!

And his head smells of coconut anyway. ????? Actually his head isssssssssssssss cooooooocoooo

Frosties

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • - Tiger 900, CBF 1000,Bandit 650
    • View Profile
« Reply #1091 on: 05 December 2016, 08:39:10 am »
Mouthy other halfs who paint you a lovely shade of brown to the kids (8 & 12 ffs) and all their friends because they simply won't admit/remember that what they did or said is what actually caused you to lose your temper in the first place  :wall
Those are my principles...if you don't like them I have others.

Fazer99

• Club Racer
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - VFR800FI
    • View Profile
« Reply #1092 on: 05 December 2016, 09:52:44 am »
Mouthy other halfs who paint you a lovely shade of brown to the kids (8 & 12 ffs) and all their friends because they simply won't admit/remember that what they did or said is what actually caused you to lose your temper in the first place  :wall

Oh! I know that one all too well, my wife is forever rattling my cage and then making me look like a nasty evil Foccer infront of my daughter. I do after a while get an apology out of her but it takes me a long while to really accept the apology  :grumble

fazersharp

• GP Hero
  • 10 stone Racing Snake
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • View Profile
« Reply #1093 on: 05 December 2016, 10:51:06 am »
On the sound effects one just yesterday news footage of Westminster with added helicopter sound, not a chop chop but an electronic type of sound, I have been noticing it for some time 

darrsi

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • View Profile
« Reply #1094 on: 05 December 2016, 05:16:46 pm »

Kind of puts my goat getting into perspective really.  Does that also mean you can not taste.

Literally can't smell anything at all, cigarette smoke, solvents, nothing, but the taste part is an odd one.
I have to spice up most of my food with hot stuff like chilli powder or chilli sauce, just to get the sensation of me actually eating something, and I do know right from wrong if something is bad as well.
But the really weird thing is that I CAN taste chocolate??? And I have no explanation why?
The ONLY thing strangely enough, which I s'pose could be a hell of a lot worse.  :lol

I reckon also that sometimes I think I can taste something, but it's just my memory of it kicking in.  :b
« Last Edit: 05 December 2016, 05:20:10 pm by darrsi »

crickleymal

• Club Racer
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • View Profile
« Reply #1095 on: 06 December 2016, 11:43:44 pm »
People who can't stay between the lane markings in roadworks. Not content with being hit last week 3 people tried to sideswipe me today. It's not rocket science is it?
Malc

Old enough to know better.

Fazer99

• Club Racer
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - VFR800FI
    • View Profile
« Reply #1096 on: 07 December 2016, 07:35:29 am »
Fricking oncoming car drivers that that think that just because you're on a bike going through a narrow road (but still just big enough to fit 2 cars) that they can drive in the middle of the road forcing you to the curb. The next FOCKER that does it, they're losing a wing mirror  :grumble :2guns :car :grumble

fazersharp

• GP Hero
  • 10 stone Racing Snake
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • View Profile
« Reply #1097 on: 10 December 2016, 12:15:16 pm »
Reading answered questions on products in amazon where someone has asked a question and others reply, sorry haven't used that feature, not received mine yet, I don't own that model, why the Foc bother replying with nothing.   

Billy Balthorpe

• Club Racer
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - 2 X 1987 fzr1000's, VN800
    • View Profile
« Reply #1098 on: 10 December 2016, 07:16:47 pm »
People who serve in take away shops and in the pub who ask you what you want and then 20 seconds later have to ask you again what you want, either don't ask me until you're ready to listen, or ask yourself if you are in the right job.
« Last Edit: 12 December 2016, 08:59:28 pm by Billy Balthorpe »

Dudeofrude

• GP Hero
  • Rude, Crude and Tattooed
    • Main bike:
      FZ1 Naked Gen2
    • View Profile
« Reply #1099 on: 04 January 2017, 02:08:52 pm »
Been a while but......

The foccing placement of drain covers in the road!!!
I know it's no deliberate but it's almost as if the council went round and thought "hmm where can we put them that will be the most inconvenient to motorcyclists"?

It was slippery enough this morning but to make matters worse the route I had to take to work (because of foccing roadworks) must have had a drain on every corners apex and midway round every roundabout! Yet on all the straights there's wasn't a thing

It's almost like they are trying to kill us off!