Date: 28-03-24  Time: 22:28 pm

Author Topic: Today's "What Gets My Goat" - NO POLITICS!  (Read 642466 times)

rayburn600

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - Triumph Tiger Sport- V-Strom
    • View Profile
Re: Today's "What Gets My Goat"
« Reply #750 on: 11 May 2016, 06:08:31 pm »
Why, after you have booked your flight, had your holiday, do you get e mails telling you of special deals on flights from where you've been to, where you been from, cheaper than you bought when you went?

Stewie

• CBT Wobbler
    • Main bike:
      FZ1 Faired Gen2
    • - Versys 650
    • View Profile
« Reply #751 on: 12 May 2016, 02:43:07 pm »
On a similar vein to the insurance issues...we are with Scottish Power for gas & elec. and our elec meter recently went mad so my wife rang them to sort out the readings...after this was done she asked if they could offer us a better deal, less than two minutes later he comes back with, "how about £30 pm less ?".Why the f..k couldn't they do this in the first place ? moral of the tale..question every bill these days ,these people are doing as they please.
Greg

Those buggers are even more clever than the insurance companies.
They reduce your monthly direct debit but then you start running up a bill because you are not paying enough to cover the costs of what you use so then they send you a huge bill at the end of the year.

darrsi

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • View Profile
« Reply #752 on: 15 May 2016, 03:21:23 pm »
I put my bike value down at £1000 (i know in reality it's probably less) but look at the excess these jokers want!  :rolleyes

More people are born because of alcohol than will ever die from it.

maddog04

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - Pan ST1300
    • View Profile
« Reply #753 on: 01 June 2016, 10:26:06 am »
idiots working for the council

ring up and say I need to sort a proxy vote for the euro stay/leave vote and she says I can go online and complete the form and email it to them or she can post forms out. I opt for online...........big mistake

fills most of the form out but it won't allow me to enter DOB or sign in the box, ring the council again who say that I need to print it off and countersign it and post it to them......................FFS

why didn't she say this at the start?
I tell her she may as well have just posted the forms out to begin with and she asks if I want her to do that....YES FFS WHY WOULD I NOT WANT YOU TO SEEING AS HOW I CAN'T COMPLETE ONLINE?

FOCKWIT
fire never sleeps

joebloggs

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • - ZX9RE1
    • View Profile
« Reply #754 on: 01 June 2016, 09:55:39 pm »
Read an article the other day with a link to the tps (telephone preference service) Though it would be a good idea to register and add my phone number to stop all the ppi calls once and for all. Now to register your number you had to give a valid email address, which of course I did, and guess what, no calls, but 200+ spam emails this morning alone......... Not impressed
Complete fabrication, I didn't make it up!

sinto

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • View Profile
« Reply #755 on: 01 June 2016, 10:03:25 pm »
Foccin trucks that tailgate then when they overtake you the driver gives a few hand signals suggesting hurry up etc etc then to top it off they cut my nose off as they just pass me nearly causing a fekkin accident!

And yes it's while I'm driving my truck they do it, no wonder truck drivers in general get a bad name! I think it's down to how they get paid, probably by the quicker they can do the job the more they get whereas I'm salaried so not on any bonus to drive upto 44t trucks like an ass! 
:groan
« Last Edit: 01 June 2016, 10:04:58 pm by sinto »
Colin
----------------------
Ride fast, ride a red bike :-)

Skippernick

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • View Profile
« Reply #756 on: 01 June 2016, 10:12:54 pm »
Foccin trucks that tailgate then when they overtake you the driver gives a few hand signals suggesting hurry up etc etc then to top it off they cut my nose off as they just pass me nearly causing a fekkin accident!

And yes it's while I'm driving my truck they do it, no wonder truck drivers in general get a bad name! I think it's down to how they get paid, probably by the quicker they can do the job the more they get whereas I'm salaried so not on any bonus to drive upto 44t trucks like an ass! 

I'm guessing you know where the indicator is then!
Red Heads - Slowly taking over the world!!!

joebloggs

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • - ZX9RE1
    • View Profile
« Reply #757 on: 01 June 2016, 10:21:34 pm »

Being Scottish he's probably to tight to use them  :D

sinto

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • View Profile
« Reply #758 on: 01 June 2016, 10:31:02 pm »
Yes I do and even better I know exactly the correct time to use it. You've obviously came across Mercedes and Volvo truck drivers :lol

Being Scottish he's probably to tight to use them  :D
Oh that hurt :lol
Colin
----------------------

joebloggs

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • - ZX9RE1
    • View Profile
« Reply #759 on: 01 June 2016, 10:41:02 pm »
You know I mean it  :eek

sinto

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • View Profile
« Reply #760 on: 01 June 2016, 11:07:22 pm »
You know I mean it  :eek
I do and that's the worrying bit :lol
« Last Edit: 01 June 2016, 11:07:58 pm by sinto »
Colin
----------------------

fazersharp

• GP Hero
  • 10 stone Racing Snake
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • View Profile
« Reply #761 on: 02 June 2016, 09:38:42 am »
Read an article the other day with a link to the tps (telephone preference service) Though it would be a good idea to register and add my phone number to stop all the ppi calls once and for all. Now to register your number you had to give a valid email address, which of course I did, and guess what, no calls, but 200+ spam emails this morning alone......... Not impressed

Your spam may not be because of that and it may be coincidence, just read that outlook and another one by microsoft systems anti spam filters had been breached and people have been getting spam.Read here http://mspoweruser.com/outlook-spam-filters-currently-broken-fix-way/     
I don't do rain or threat there of. dry rider only with no shame.

joebloggs

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • - ZX9RE1
    • View Profile
« Reply #762 on: 02 June 2016, 05:32:19 pm »

Your spam may not be because of that and it may be coincidence, just read that outlook and another one by microsoft systems anti spam filters had been breached and people have been getting spam.Read here http://mspoweruser.com/outlook-spam-filters-currently-broken-fix-way/   

I heard something about it at work this morning, several people were complaining of being bombarded with spam when someone said they heard the problem lay with microsoft.

Seems better today so hopefully they've sorted it

Thanks for the link

bludclot

• WSB Pack Hound
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #763 on: 05 June 2016, 01:57:31 pm »

One of my modern life gripes is that nobody introduces themselves. It's particularly prevalent on the telephone i.e. caller: is that Brian? Oi have some manners and courtesy - give your name and reason for calling before asking for information - to do otherwise is just plain rude. It's just as bad at the front door, on the street pretty much everywhere in fact.

During the Iceland volcano dust cloud time I had a call from an airline - is that <name>? are you related to <parents name?> can you confirm your address? Right stop there says me, before I give out any personal details beyond perhaps my first name don't you think it might be polite to say who you are and give your reason for calling? Oh she said, I suppose you are right. We are calling to let you know that your parents are stuck in Dubai and we can't find them a flight home.... Well why not say that then?
is it clean enough?

sinto

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • View Profile
« Reply #764 on: 17 June 2016, 07:15:49 pm »
Out driving my truck today in Glasgow City and in front of me was one of those scooters delivery guys with the big topbox on the back with deliveroo on it and the obligatory L plates.

The guy on it is constantly looking to his left hand area and I'm thinking he's looking at the only mirror he has!

Wrong! As he's looking there, he's lifting his left hand and pressing a satnav or mini computer or something WTF!

We stop at lights and I gets out my truck and walk upto him and he's oblivious I'm even there as he's too busy tapping away, so I tap him on the shoulder and ask him why he's doing such a stupid thing and his reply was how car drivers say...."what's wrong, I wasnt doing anything wrong?"
My reply was "I ride bikes too and when car drivers etc fart about using mobile phones or satnavs, a fellow biker gets killed or seriously injured!"

Fekkin stupid idiot, can't believe these clowns are allowed on the roads!!!!
Colin
----------------------

taylor

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • View Profile
« Reply #765 on: 20 June 2016, 12:13:19 pm »
pulled pork gets my goat. ;)    a few years ago if pork was over cooked and stringy it was classed as shit,   nowdays it is pulled pork. :eek
sent from my carafan in tenby, ;)

fazersharp

• GP Hero
  • 10 stone Racing Snake
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • View Profile
« Reply #766 on: 20 June 2016, 12:18:20 pm »
pulled pork gets my goat. ;)    a few years ago if pork was over cooked and stringy it was classed as shit,   nowdays it is pulled pork. :eek
Its not just pork, it seems now everything is has to be called "pulled" I saw pulled chicken. The biggest thing being pulled is cash out of your pocket.
I don't do rain or threat there of. dry rider only with no shame.

midden

• Operation Foc-UTree
  • GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • - Falcon Stealth
    • View Profile
« Reply #767 on: 20 June 2016, 08:51:43 pm »
Its not just pork, it seems now everything is has to be called "pulled" I saw pulled chicken. The biggest thing being pulled is cash out of your pocket.

HERE HERE  :thumbup
Women have chocolate men have bikes.....
including ones who like chocolate....;)

NorthWestern

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
Re: Today's &quot;What Gets My Goat&quot;
« Reply #768 on: 20 June 2016, 09:00:08 pm »
You can get pulled pork flavour popcorn! 

Intentionally left blank

Intentionally left blank

fazerscotty

• WSB Pack Hound
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #769 on: 20 June 2016, 09:00:46 pm »

Pulled Pork? Isn't that something your mates reminded you about the day after the night out!

unfazed

• GP Hero
  • Never ride faster than your guardian angel can fly
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • - FZS1000 05-06, Serow 2000
    • View Profile
« Reply #770 on: 20 June 2016, 09:09:41 pm »
you need to ask Cameron about pulled pork

NorthWestern

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
Re: Today's &quot;What Gets My Goat&quot;
« Reply #771 on: 21 June 2016, 08:48:38 pm »
Human "beat boxing"...... BummmmmBA wickidi tschhh.... Yawn.

Intentionally left blank

Intentionally left blank

Frosties

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • - Tiger 900, CBF 1000,Bandit 650
    • View Profile
« Reply #772 on: 21 June 2016, 08:50:01 pm »

Pulled Pork? Isn't that something your mates reminded you about the day after the night out!

:lol :lol  Who hasn't been there.
Those are my principles...if you don't like them I have others.

Exupnut

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
Today's "What Gets My Goat"
« Reply #773 on: 01 September 2016, 02:23:10 pm »
Bikers wearing man bags....wtf is that all aboot....tell me if I'm wrong but I thought a manbag belongs on a woman's chin.
« Last Edit: 01 September 2016, 02:24:19 pm by Exupnut »
Just flapping about on this stagnant little pond on the outer rim of the internet.....yup....  :-))

MB61YAM

• CBT Wobbler
    • Main bike:
      Fazer8
    • View Profile
« Reply #774 on: 01 September 2016, 04:08:59 pm »
people ragging on my Fazer 8, it has all the same parts as the 1000 but is missing 200cc, it does all I need and if 106 donkeys and 150mph isn't enough, tough titties