Date: 28-03-24  Time: 13:08 pm

Author Topic: Wheel bearing kit for FZ1 Gen 2  (Read 4028 times)

Bruce

• Cager in Training
    • Main bike:
      FZ1 Faired Gen2
    • View Profile
Wheel bearing kit for FZ1 Gen 2
« on: 21 December 2016, 10:05:27 pm »
Anyone replaced their rear wheel bearings on a FZ1 Gen 2 bike?  Looking to replace  mine as a preventative measure as the bearings collapsed on the last bike.  Having difficulty finding a rear bearing kit from a bearing manufacturer that i recognise.  Weemoto have a kit by 'Slinky Glide', who i had never heard of before.  Anyone used these kits (are they any good) or know where I can get another kit - I live in the UK. 

Thanks

Bruce

robbo

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - Mk 1 Speed Triple
    • View Profile
Re: Wheel bearing kit for FZ1 Gen 2
« Reply #1 on: 21 December 2016, 10:35:22 pm »
You could try Orbic Bearings. They are stockists for most major bearing manufacturers.They're in Croydon 020 86848262.
Whizz kid sitting pretty on his two wheeled stallion.

Tefer

• Club Racer
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • - FZS1000 2003
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 22 December 2016, 10:23:11 am »

Four Wheels Moves The Body... Two Wheels Moves The Soul

SkidT

• Club Racer
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - R1200GS LC
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 22 December 2016, 12:46:17 pm »
As Tefer says above.
I've used Marksman a couple of times without issue. In fact, they were recommended to me from this forum for Gen1 replacement bearings. There's a thread somewhere related to them......

Bruce

• Cager in Training
    • Main bike:
      FZ1 Faired Gen2
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 23 December 2016, 11:19:45 am »
Cheers Guys - I will try them out.

Bruce :lol

Bruce

• Cager in Training
    • Main bike:
      FZ1 Faired Gen2
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 24 December 2016, 06:33:22 pm »
Marksman have front wheel bearings listed for the FZ1 Gen2 bike, but not rear bearings.  Have sent them an e-mail to find out if they stock them.  Ordered front bearings from M&P meantime (All Balls).

Cheers

Bruce

Bruce

• Cager in Training
    • Main bike:
      FZ1 Faired Gen2
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 25 December 2016, 06:31:32 pm »
Top man - thanks.  This will let me get on with the winter maintainence!! After the Christmas lunch has settled down! :eek

Bruce

• Cager in Training
    • Main bike:
      FZ1 Faired Gen2
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 07 January 2017, 05:51:21 pm »
Just thought I would let you all know that the service I had from Marksman was excellent. 

If anyone else is changing there rear bearings on a Gen 2 bike just check that you get the correct size of the rubber outer seals.  The outer daimeter of seals I was sent were 62mm when i actually needed 58mm.  The correct size of the rubber seals for my 2008 bike is 40/58/7.  Marksman were great and sent out a set of replacements within 24 hours.

I had never removed needle bearings before but they came out easy enough, just gave them a spray with GT85, heated the wheel hub with a hairdrier and gently tapped them out with a drift :)

I have a job for tomorrow, just fitted the wheel on the bike and noticed a nail in the back tire, already have one puncture repair so will replace the tire - bugger.  A lot of builders in the area at the moment pulling kit in and out of their vans!! :(

Ash69

• DAS Born Again
    • Main bike:
      FZ1 Faired Gen2
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 28 March 2018, 09:50:26 pm »
My apologies if bringing old threads back from the dead is frowned upon, however I have a quick question regarding the rear wheel bearings and this seemed the most relevant thread

I noticed some noise and play in the rear wheel this evening when doing a spot of spring chain maintenance, so figure at 32K miles it's probably time to replace the bearings, the Marksman kits for the 3 bearings are still available on their site for my FZ1-S, but following on from Bruce's last post, are they now putting the correct diameter seals in the packs for the later Gen 2's

Once again cheers all for any assistance

Regards Ian

Ash69

• DAS Born Again
    • Main bike:
      FZ1 Faired Gen2
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 29 March 2018, 12:36:30 pm »
Ordered them - let's see what turns up .............