Bikes, Hints'n'Tips > Fazer 1000/FZ1 corner

clutch question

<< < (2/2)

b1k3rdude:
My previous thou's never needed to the clutch replacing, so can't say for sure. All I can say is with the pattern plates/springs in in the brand new clutch & boss, the cable adjusted to there was virtually no free-play, the biting point was 1.5-2" away from the bar!

solorider:

--- Quote from: b1k3rdude on 06 October 2011, 01:22:45 pm ---My previous thou's never needed to the clutch replacing, so can't say for sure. All I can say is with the pattern plates/springs in in the brand new clutch & boss, the cable adjusted to there was virtually no free-play, the biting point was 1.5-2" away from the bar!

--- End quote ---
that is how mine is at the moment

mike26:
STANDARD SPRINGS!!! i have HD clutch springs and now i also have a pretty strong left hand

b1k3rdude:

--- Quote from: solorider on 06 October 2011, 04:54:27 pm ---
--- Quote from: b1k3rdude on 06 October 2011, 01:22:45 pm ---My previous thou's never needed to the clutch replacing, so can't say for sure. All I can say is with the pattern plates/springs in in the brand new clutch & boss, the cable adjusted to there was virtually no free-play, the biting point was 1.5-2" away from the bar!

--- End quote ---
that is how mine is at the moment

--- End quote ---

Hmmm, you could try the pattern plates with your old springs, as long as the springs aren't shorter than 50mm they can be reused.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version