Date: 29-03-24  Time: 15:24 pm

Author Topic: Electrics going mad!!!!!  (Read 6000 times)

CRH

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • View Profile
Electrics going mad!!!!!
« on: 16 August 2012, 09:01:59 pm »
earlier today i went into my garage to start my 2 wheeled friend up!..after not running it for a couple of wks!!...key in!..ig on!..kill switch to run!...and with a press of the button she fired up instantly!!!...so whilst its purring away, i thought ile just chk over the lights etc!!...then....... :eek .....light switch to on,..headlight on dip, rear light ok!!....indicators fine!...but....ALL the clock warning lights flashing on and off!! :\ ...now at first this was only doing it when i flicked to high beam?...but tried it again a bit ago and now its doing it on dip!!.....chkd over all visible wiring!...seems ok?....everything tight and no corrosion anywhere!..all fuses making good contact etc!....any ideas..?????????

red98

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - FZS600,CB400/4,X7,CB250
    • View Profile
Re: Electrics going mad!!!!!
« Reply #1 on: 16 August 2012, 09:05:33 pm »
thats an electrical problem mate............... :rollin :rollin :rollin
One, is never going to be enough.....

CRH

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 16 August 2012, 09:25:05 pm »
thats an electrical problem mate............... :rollin :rollin :rollin
...........no shit sherlock!!!!!!!!!!!!! :b

ade the blade

• Club Racer
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - xl1000v varadero
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 16 August 2012, 10:01:38 pm »
he`s right........4 litres of semi and a nice new filter and roberts ya mothers brother. good luck ! :lol

AdieR

• Club Racer
    • Main bike:
      FZ6 S2 07-09
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 16 August 2012, 10:23:44 pm »
First thought, esp as it hasn't been used for a couple of weeks, is your battery; how old is it?

Failing / failed batteries cause weird symptoms on many bikes.

CRH

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 16 August 2012, 10:30:47 pm »
battery only 1 month old!! put a motobatt on it,...so think we can rule that out?....oil light,..fuel low level light,..neutral,and both indicator and high beam keep flashing!!....doesnt affect the clock lights themselves though?....

ade the blade

• Club Racer
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - xl1000v varadero
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 16 August 2012, 10:35:10 pm »
obviously a test run for the blackpool illuminations then mate ! :lol ..........easy answer is dont look down when riding then :rollin :rollin :rollin

CRH

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 16 August 2012, 10:38:55 pm »
obviously a test run for the blackpool illuminations then mate ! :lol ..........easy answer is dont look down when riding then :rollin :rollin :rollin
................ADE!!!...go the fk to bed!!.....this post is for bikers with knowledge of bikes!!!!!!.......

AdieR

• Club Racer
    • Main bike:
      FZ6 S2 07-09
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 16 August 2012, 11:13:53 pm »
Although it's a new battery, I would double check it and make sure it is charged; it is possible to get faulty parts even from new so I wouldn't rule it out of a fault-finding sequence on that basis.

Does steering lock affect it at all (for better or worse)?
If your battery is ok, I'd be checking earth points in detail, esp perhaps the clock unit itself where connections can be quite sensitive.

CRH

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 16 August 2012, 11:23:36 pm »
ok cheers adie!...ile give it a look over tomora. .....and no? steering lock doesnt affect it at all?.....tried the usual tapping shaking kicking etc!! just cant understand it?.....only thing i had a electrical problem with, was the neutral light bt 3month ago!!.....it stayed on in gear!! but that turned out to be a bare wire touching engine?......its been fine up till today!!! and it never gets wet! as its bone dry in me garage!!....and i only use when dry weather!!

AdieR

• Club Racer
    • Main bike:
      FZ6 S2 07-09
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 16 August 2012, 11:52:42 pm »
Are your lights flickering on and off at random, or is there any patterns (for example do they flicker at indicator speed, or in sympathy with engine speed, does temperature make any difference)?

The printed circuits used in those clocks can be quite sensitive; maybe the problem lies in there?

CRH

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 17 August 2012, 12:02:36 am »
No!!...lights arnt flickering,and when you put indicators on they work fine!,,,not flashing slow or erratic!!...as are the hazards!!...it seems to be only when i switch on the headlights!! ....then everthing starts to flash at the same time about one second intervals?....

Dead Eye

• GP Hero
  • What doesn't kill me, will only make me stronger.
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - FZS600 00-01
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 17 August 2012, 10:09:10 am »
Could it be worth checking out the bulb / wiring that sends the illumination signal to the high beam indicator? Only thing in my head that sort of links it all together... Have you stripped down the dials yet?

CRH

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 17 August 2012, 11:35:16 am »
Could it be worth checking out the bulb / wiring that sends the illumination signal to the high beam indicator? Only thing in my head that sort of links it all together... Have you stripped down the dials yet?
...............no deadeye hadnt thought of that?....could poss be link though??....going to strip it all down and chk it today!!..let you know what i find later!!....

red98

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 17 August 2012, 11:42:00 am »

good thinking dead eye  :) .....good luck crh  ;)

ade the blade

• Club Racer
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - xl1000v varadero
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 17 August 2012, 11:58:00 am »

good thinking dead eye  :) .....good luck crh  ;)
Red mate, leave it.....i think he`s attention-seeking with his snazzy new light system. we know Clives a tart at heart ( see that ) :rollin :rollin :rollin

CRH

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 17 August 2012, 12:05:26 pm »
ade..do you know what?.....FOR A EX DANCING ON ICE CHAMPION AND GAY BALLROOM DANCER!!...you can be a right...BITCH..at times??????? :'(

ade the blade

• Club Racer
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - xl1000v varadero
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 17 August 2012, 12:08:46 pm »
wot? can i be your bitch ?  :eek :eek :eek  filth............get this guy off da forum. bad influence to all :lol

CRH

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 17 August 2012, 12:16:09 pm »
ok you can be my bitch!! :b .....but first give me some ideas bt my fkn lectrics!!!!!...you the bike wizzard after all? :rolleyes

CRH

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 17 August 2012, 06:27:44 pm »
Update !!.....ok first off chkd battery and bang on !....12.8v and thats after standing all night!!....did the same as before,..ig on ,..light switch to side lights ///everything ok!!...moved switch to main lights,..still ok!!...but as soon as i switch over to main beam?....oil warning light and low fuel level light start to flash!!!!!.....but nothing else?....untill i start engine then all the lot light up and flash!!...so i took apart the dip switch and all looks like new in there?...gave it a spray of gt85 put bk together and ...still same!!...next took clocks off and stripped them down,...again look like new inside,everything tight and clean etc!...put it all bk together?....and still the same!!!!!!!.....chkd all wiring to and from switch gear with steering on opp locks etc?....nothing there either?.....sOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO  ...any ideas would be gratefully recieved :'( .........

red98

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 17 August 2012, 06:55:34 pm »
a stab in the dark  :rolleyes .......fuse box,easy to check ;)

CRH

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 17 August 2012, 07:03:38 pm »
cheers for that red?...ile chk that out tomorrow!!....

red98

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 17 August 2012, 07:08:34 pm »
ok you can be my bitch!! :b .....but first give me some ideas bt my fkn lectrics!!!!!...you the bike wizzard after all? :rolleyes

ades gone quite.........he only needs to solve your leccy prob and sparks will fly...... ;) [size=78%] [/size]

AdieR

• Club Racer
    • Main bike:
      FZ6 S2 07-09
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 17 August 2012, 08:26:17 pm »
Christ, even I'm struggling now; electrical problems don't usually bother me!

If your earth points / wiring are ok, I wonder if your reg/rec is on its way out, or a poor connection here?

You say your battery was replaced recently?

CRH

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 17 August 2012, 08:34:47 pm »
yes mate bt 4wks ago!....put a new motobatt on it!!....spins it over like fk!....chkd it today after standing all night and 12.8v...when its running am getting 14.3v.....all lecys loaded up and get 13.9..thats at idle?.....