Date: 28-03-24  Time: 21:33 pm

Author Topic: Today's "What Gets My Goat" - NO POLITICS!  (Read 642411 times)

maddog04

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - Pan ST1300
    • View Profile
Re: Today's "What Gets My Goat"
« Reply #2950 on: 04 January 2019, 06:42:28 pm »
HERMES COURIERS
The cunts have my parcel and I've tracked it each day. should've been delivered on Jan 1stthen every day since.....but no!

finally had a live chat that ended up with me demanding a manager so he comes on and then says the wrong courier has it...WTF?
Its still with them but probably down sarf instead of oop north!!!
I tell him to ring the depot but they can't as they don't have phones.......its 2019 yer twat!!What a fucking wank firm

outcome is they will email me within 24 hours (if they can) to tell me when I will get it (probably in a week if I'm lucky)

probes going to outer space, Chinese taking pics of the dark side of then moon and Hermes cant fucking ring their depots. what a wank firm
fire never sleeps

fazersharp

• GP Hero
  • 10 stone Racing Snake
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • View Profile
« Reply #2951 on: 05 January 2019, 12:41:14 pm »
More and more trucks on the roads covered in banks of LEDs and quite a of them are blue. I thought it was illegal to have blue lights on a vehicle.
I don't do rain or threat there of. dry rider only with no shame.

tommyardin

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      I don't own a bike
    • View Profile
« Reply #2952 on: 05 January 2019, 12:57:28 pm »
More and more trucks on the roads covered in banks of LEDs and quite a of them are blue. I thought it was illegal to have blue lights on a vehicle.

Hear hear!
Trucks with F------g great blue Logos in the cab behind the driver's back, you can see them a long way off on the motorways at night have have caused me to slow down several times before realising it not the old bill,.
I thought that for general traffic white lights only on the front with the exception of indicators and red lights only on the rear with the exception of indicators, number plate lights and reversing lights.
I have seen lorries with blue and green lights along the sides and on the rear corners, others with blue reflective strips across the back  WTF   :eek
« Last Edit: 05 January 2019, 01:41:53 pm by tommyardin »

Skippernick

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • View Profile
« Reply #2953 on: 05 January 2019, 01:50:22 pm »

Hear hear!
Trucks with F------g great blue Logos in the cab behind the driver's back, you can see them a long way off on the motorways at night have have caused me to slow down several times before realising it not the old bill,.
I thought that for general traffic white lights only on the front with the exception of indicators and red lights only on the rear with the exception of indicators, number plate lights and reversing lights.
I have seen lorries with blue and green lights along the sides and on the rear corners, others with blue reflective strips across the back  WTF   :eek

Don't speed then! ;)
Red Heads - Slowly taking over the world!!!

tommyardin

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      I don't own a bike
    • View Profile
« Reply #2954 on: 05 January 2019, 01:59:16 pm »

Hear hear!

Don't speed then! ;)

Speed me! I was just being a dutiful citizen slowing down and moving out the way to allow the enforcement office clear passage.   

tommyardin

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      I don't own a bike
    • View Profile
« Reply #2955 on: 05 January 2019, 02:10:40 pm »
Really? Works very well doesn't it.

Reading the gumph on it makes it sounds a bit like the Snooper Radar and Lazer camera detector that I have the displeasure of owning.
The manufacturer say it detects 100 percent of traffic cameras, all the different types and all the bands they use, it does all the fixed cameras, Gatso and Truvelo plus the new Muti Directional Truvelo and the even newer the Yellow Vulture camera.

The problem is it detects the cameras on temporary traffic lights, the camera on the automated doors at service stations, shops, Boots the Chemists or any automated doors on industrial estates that you happen to pass, it even detects the doors on my local doctors surgery. in fact its a cacophony of alarms every few yards along the road because it even picks up the proximity cameras that fitted to modern cars to warn the driver that someone is in their blind spot.
You get so many warnings you either ignore it completely, shut it down, or silence it, In fact I think I might hit it with a hammer.
The equipment on the roof of Gatwick Police Station seems to be about as much use as the Snooper, seeing as the things were flying around the air port for a not insignificant time.          

What gets my goat is people who use different sized fonts in their replies  :pokefun

I thought my eyesight was getting even worse as I read it  :lol

That's normally the result of trying to find the right size font after it's gone all Chocolate Factory on you again and shrunk your last sentence.  :lol

I am really glad that it is not just me that this problem happens to

mtread

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • - Triumph Speed Trip & Tiger 800
    • View Profile
« Reply #2956 on: 05 January 2019, 02:43:26 pm »
Seen quite a few new cars with small orange side lights recently on the front. Really difficult to tell whether they are indicating.

fazersharp

• GP Hero
  • 10 stone Racing Snake
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • View Profile
« Reply #2957 on: 05 January 2019, 02:53:42 pm »
Stupid stupid design and positioning of some cars indicators making them harder to see, one in particular I noticed is the Qashqai.Look at this

« Last Edit: 05 January 2019, 02:54:21 pm by fazersharp »

YamFazFan

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • View Profile
« Reply #2958 on: 05 January 2019, 03:02:18 pm »

It appears almost all the boy racers around this way are removing the front number plate and laying it up on the dash inside the windscreen. It's the latest craze amongst them.

Surely that's illegal?. I'd love to see them getting done for it.

fazersharp

• GP Hero
  • 10 stone Racing Snake
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • View Profile
« Reply #2959 on: 05 January 2019, 03:17:02 pm »
Another car with crap indicators is the 2017 VW beetle. The rear ones are tiny tiny about the size of a matchbox - side on. 

fazersharp

• GP Hero
  • 10 stone Racing Snake
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • View Profile
« Reply #2960 on: 05 January 2019, 03:18:52 pm »

It appears almost all the boy racers around this way are removing the front number plate and laying it up on the dash inside the windscreen. It's the latest craze amongst them.

Surely that's illegal?. I'd love to see them getting done for it.
Yes I too have seen that around here along with using fog lights. 

darrsi

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • View Profile
« Reply #2961 on: 05 January 2019, 04:41:10 pm »
Took a different route to work recently and had the pleasure of seeing those painted fake speed bumps on the road.
They make you instantly swerve when you think you're about to hit it, even when you know that it's not real, it's just a natural reaction.
More people are born because of alcohol than will ever die from it.

Freck

• Club Racer
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • - Triumph Daytona 955, BMW R9T
    • View Profile
« Reply #2962 on: 05 January 2019, 11:34:13 pm »
Stupid stupid design and positioning of some cars indicators making them harder to see, one in particular I noticed is the Qashqai.Look at this
Yes, I’ve nearly had a prang on a couple of occasions because of this. The DRLs don’t help either, being so bright.
Then again, it does make it slightly easier to see the indicators if the lazy, useless foccers actually switch them on when changing direction. A rare occurrence around these parts!  :lol
I noticed in your picture too fazersharp, that the indicator on the mirror doesn’t seem visible either. Another bit of crap design.
« Last Edit: 05 January 2019, 11:37:21 pm by Freck »

fazersharp

• GP Hero
  • 10 stone Racing Snake
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • View Profile
« Reply #2963 on: 06 January 2019, 12:29:25 pm »
I took the screenshot from a vid as its almost impossible to find a photo with an indicator on. You can just see a faint glow on the mirror, I think it may of been one of those stupid moving ones and the snapshot has caught it just at its start. Or tits a normal one just slightly out of sinc. Or normal bulb in the mirror and quicker LED-on in the main one   

fazersharp

• GP Hero
  • 10 stone Racing Snake
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • View Profile
« Reply #2964 on: 06 January 2019, 12:30:57 pm »
Just yesterday after mentioning blue lights on lorries I saw an Audi with the front rings back-lit in blue  :rolleyes   

YamFazFan

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • View Profile
« Reply #2965 on: 06 January 2019, 01:49:09 pm »
I've only had a quick look, but the law seems to hinge on whether the blue lights are being operated as warning lamps. I guess that means flashing lights.

mtread

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • - Triumph Speed Trip & Tiger 800
    • View Profile
« Reply #2966 on: 06 January 2019, 02:55:46 pm »
Too many houses round here with outside blue flashing Xmas lights  :eek

tommyardin

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      I don't own a bike
    • View Profile
« Reply #2967 on: 06 January 2019, 03:58:24 pm »
I've only had a quick look, but the law seems to hinge on whether the blue lights are being operated as warning lamps. I guess that means flashing lights.

Be quite interest to know precisely what the law is on vehicle lighting.
if as it seems likely white light only emitting from the front of a vehicle with the exception of flashing indicators of Orange or White, all those Led blazoned logos that are in the truck cabs might be illegal, most seem to have a high percentage of blue in them. If there is no rule as to the correct colour for flashing indicators on a vehicle why not LED blue/white? Can you imagine hundreds of cars stuck in a motorway jam with their blue/white hazards going.

3 truck logo pics and a Foreign truck logo,  :pokefun  often seen blazing out of the front of truck cabs     
« Last Edit: 06 January 2019, 04:01:19 pm by tommyardin »

fazersharp

• GP Hero
  • 10 stone Racing Snake
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • View Profile
« Reply #2968 on: 06 January 2019, 04:04:14 pm »
But then it go's on to say - working or not. So would that cover a static blue which is a non working flashing blue  :book As well as the audi logo I have seen other cars with doghnut blue lights on the front, I just don't know why they don't get pulled -they stand out a mile at night.Maybe the coppers don't even know the law as they are too busy going on "gender diversity inclusion" courses

BBROWN1664

• Administrator
  • GP Hero
  • Should get out more!
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • - Tracer 900
    • View Profile
    • My website
« Reply #2969 on: 06 January 2019, 04:25:17 pm »
The construction and use regulations state that the only colour emitted from the front can be white or amber. From the rear its red or amber (plus white for the reversing light)
Any other colour is prohibited.

A lot of teh chavs get away with teh blue bits under their cars becasue it is reflected off the road etc and not actually visible from the source. The truck lights are illegal but you would need to find a copper (first) that gives a toss (second) before anyone gets done for having them
Another ex-Fazer rider that is a foccer again

tommyardin

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      I don't own a bike
    • View Profile
« Reply #2970 on: 06 January 2019, 05:36:15 pm »
The construction and use regulations state that the only colour emitted from the front can be white or amber. From the rear its red or amber (plus white for the reversing light)
Any other colour is prohibited.

A lot of teh chavs get away with teh blue bits under their cars becasue it is reflected off the road etc and not actually visible from the source. The truck lights are illegal but you would need to find a copper (first) that gives a toss (second) before anyone gets done for having them

So my little SLK has white indicator lens on the front, with a amber bulbs fitted. If I shoved a blue/white LED in there would I be breaking the law and would anyone care a toss. Back lens are Orange with white bulbs.
Hey what do I know? I just went outside to check and the back indicator lens are white with amber bulbs   
« Last Edit: 06 January 2019, 05:44:24 pm by tommyardin »

Wharfe

• DAS Born Again
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • View Profile
« Reply #2971 on: 06 January 2019, 06:03:29 pm »
My workplace is leased from the local council - they have responsibility for maintenance of the fabric of the building. Some months ago we noticed an intermittent leak in the main lounge - water dripping through the ceiling. The council sent contractors out several times but they "couldn't find a leak" (Oh, all 18 of us working here must have imagined it then... ) Eventually a great chunk of ceiling caved in followed by the niagara falls.. turns out a badly laid (18yrs ago) sprinkler system pipe had worn, split and slowly ruptured.
The contractors did a temporary repair and we were assured a full repair to the ceiling and the floorboards in the room above would be imminent. Finally after about three months waiting for this, the contractors finally rocked up to do the do a few days ago - so far so good.... soon after they finish and leave, water is spotted gushing through the ceiling in the room next to the lounge they were repairing the ceiling in. It turns out one of the contractors had put a nail through a central heating pipe. Aaand off we go again..
COULDN'T.  MAKE. IT. UP... :grumble

agricola

• GP Hero
  • Man on a mission
    • Main bike:
      FZ6 S2 07-09
    • View Profile
« Reply #2972 on: 07 January 2019, 05:08:27 pm »
Seen quite a few new cars with small orange side lights recently on the front. Really difficult to tell whether they are indicating.

and when the brake lights are on, you cant see the indicators

fazersharp

• GP Hero
  • 10 stone Racing Snake
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • View Profile
« Reply #2973 on: 07 January 2019, 05:18:35 pm »
Yesterday I saw a taxi with a 10x8 panel in the window saying "taxi" in very bright blue leds. 

VNA - BMW Wank

• BMW Wank
  • GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - BMW R1250R Honda C90
    • View Profile
« Reply #2974 on: 08 January 2019, 04:13:28 pm »
Shingles.  It's really getting ma goat.
Had that nasty cold that was going roond before Christmas - what a stoater it wis - though I managed to struggle through without calling in sick to work.  Just got over it before the new year.  Did notice we had loads of folks off with it.  But then maybe my determination to soldier on is why I now have shingles.
Started feeling odd on new years day.  Just knackered - falling asleep and for unusally long periods of time.  Then the pain started.  Seems to be in my throat, ear and rhs of my face.  Saw the doc on the 4th.  I've had this before so I figured what was happening.  Halfway through the course of anti-virals.

The weekend was absolute hell there.  Still foccing hellish.  Really foccing getting my goat. :(