Date: 28-03-24  Time: 17:50 pm

Author Topic: True colours shining through, True colours that's why I love you.  (Read 13212 times)

tommyardin

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      I don't own a bike
    • View Profile
Well I have given into an urge that has plagued me for years now and bought my self a BLUE motorcycle, yes the true colour, but I might fit some Silver bits to it just cos I can.

What bike is it? You ask.

Well I am loathed to tell you because i know you will all be green with envy.

It is not in my possession yet, but am going over to give it a good once over tomorrow, but I have done the deal and electronically shaken hands on it.

Below is a picture of the mighty one, not actually this very one but its the same in most details, apart from its has been in a barn for the last 5 years, a dry barn I hasten to add and was last started about 18 months ago.

I know you jealous lot of foccers are all on the edge of you seat thinking is a a Moto Guzzi or a Laverda Jotta or some such beast, no I tell you much, much better that either of those.

It is a

tommyardin

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      I don't own a bike
    • View Profile
Re: True colours shining through, True colours that's why I love you.
« Reply #1 on: 20 December 2017, 09:03:51 pm »
I know you saying to yourselves Lucky, Lucky Bastard.  :lol
I have bought it at a brilliant price of 100 quid, and it looks in reasonable condition, the owner said that the only thing that was wrong when it went into the barn was one of the rear indicators was flashing slower that the others. Possibly a bad earth I reckon.
But it should be a bit of a winter project, and fun to ride in the spring.

See if I can get Mrs tommyarding to do her CBT and she can ride it.

Can you imagine turning up at Loomies bikers cafe in West Meon on that   :eek lol   

His Dudeness

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      I don't own a bike
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 20 December 2017, 09:06:33 pm »
100 quid are you serious? bargain of the century. you could ride that to the end of the earth and back if you wanted

tommyardin

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      I don't own a bike
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 20 December 2017, 09:16:26 pm »
100 quid are you serious? bargain of the century. you could ride that to the end of the earth and back if you wanted

The owner of the C90 is the son of a family my wife have known for 20 or more years, he used to play with my kids when they were all youngsters, he is a great kid I told him he could get a lot more if he advertised it on eBay, but he said he just wanted rid of it, and he was just wanting £100 and for someone to clean it up. It has got a bit of bumpy chrome work here and there but I can get chroming done at a reasonable price, couple of new tyres, good clean up maybe a rattle can or three, service and should be good to go. I have seen the on eBay auctions starting at 550 quid. Sale of the century, I would say. 

Disorderlypunk

• WSB Pack Hound
  • riding till i die (or breakdown)
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - fazer stolen - gsx1100 rebuild
    • View Profile
    • disorderly punks motovlog
« Reply #4 on: 20 December 2017, 09:48:21 pm »
100 quid - will double your money and pay delivery if you want
ive wanted one for years to turn into a mental build but they are at silly money
something for the bikeshed.cc

tommyardin

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      I don't own a bike
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 20 December 2017, 10:01:30 pm »
100 quid - will double your money and pay delivery if you want
ive wanted one for years to turn into a mental build but they are at silly money
something for the bikeshed.cc

I agree I did say to him he could get good money on eBay, but, he insisted I could have it for a 100 quid, so jobs-A-Gudun

It would be sacrilege to chop it like your picture.

One 4 years older just went on ebay for £1330-00

Here is one on eBay now

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Honda-C90-C-90-Cub-90-1987-E-UK-V5-logbook-Only-10k-miles-VGC-Shed-Find/152800975107?hash=item2393a5d903:g:EtcAAOSwR2RaGE0A
« Last Edit: 20 December 2017, 10:02:03 pm by tommyardin »

His Dudeness

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      I don't own a bike
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 20 December 2017, 10:21:09 pm »

The owner of the C90 is the son of a family my wife have known for 20 or more years, he used to play with my kids when they were all youngsters, he is a great kid I told him he could get a lot more if he advertised it on eBay, but he said he just wanted rid of it, and he was just wanting £100 and for someone to clean it up. It has got a bit of bumpy chrome work here and there but I can get chroming done at a reasonable price, couple of new tyres, good clean up maybe a rattle can or three, service and should be good to go. I have seen the on eBay auctions starting at 550 quid. Sale of the century, I would say.

yea that's a great find. there's a lot to be said for smaller lighter bikes especially if you're just doing short trips on local roads. you can throw it around a bit more than a bigger bike and you can rev it out in all the gears without doing a million miles an hour. it's easier to get in and out of the shed, hardly takes up any space when it's parked plus you're not going to be worried about dropping it and the running costs for the week are about the same as the price of a cup of tea and a ham sandwich  :lol

Disorderlypunk

• WSB Pack Hound
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 20 December 2017, 10:45:41 pm »
i admit i wouldnt do that to a nice example but you cant even find basket cases for a £100 great lucky find and i hope you give it the justice it deserves - which is wierd considering it was the most produced motor vehicle of all time (i think the beetle was second)

Frosties

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • - Tiger 900, CBF 1000,Bandit 650
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 21 December 2017, 12:09:21 am »
Well I have given into an urge that has plagued me for years now and bought my self a BLUE motorcycle, yes the true colour, but I might fit some Silver bits to it just cos I can.

It is not in my possession yet, but am going over to give it a good once over tomorrow, but I have done the deal and electronically shaken hands on it.

Below is a picture of the mighty one, not actually this very one but its the same in most details, apart from its has been in a barn for the last 5 years, a dry barn I hasten to add and was last started about 18 months ago.

I know you jealous lot of foccers are all on the edge of you seat thinking is a a Moto Guzzi or a Laverda Jotta or some such beast, no I tell you much, much better that either of those.

It is a

Those are my principles...if you don't like them I have others.

tommyardin

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      I don't own a bike
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 21 December 2017, 12:52:40 am »

It is a
I will have you know Mr Frosties AKA 'Tony the Tiger' That the staff at the care home do not insist that I am back by 9pm, in fact they have let me have a front door key for a trial period to see if i can be trusted.

tommyardin

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      I don't own a bike
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 21 December 2017, 12:54:40 am »
I think they want it back tomorrow :'(

celticdog

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 21 December 2017, 07:37:33 am »
My first mod would be a lovely little chrome or wicker front basket for those essential supermarket trips, you'll be the envy of both the knitting club and sewing bee Tommy.  :lol 
Treat everything in life the way a dog would- if you can't eat it or foc it, forget it.

tommyardin

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      I don't own a bike
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 21 December 2017, 09:22:10 am »

My first mod would be a lovely little chrome or wicker front basket for those essential supermarket trips, you'll be the envy of both the knitting club and sewing bee Tommy.  :lol

Oh!  Good morning Celtic how are you this fine morning.   :sun :sun   And do I detect a hint of jealousy wrapped up in your envious remarks about my possible new noble steed? Greed, bitterness and envy are not an attractive quality in an man.
I do take onboard your comments and am open to customisation ideas, tips and hints on how attain the best form this masterpiece of engineering. I have looked into the possibilities of a front basket and have been pleasantly surprised by the number of options available. Have a pleasant day :lol

His Dudeness

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      I don't own a bike
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 21 December 2017, 09:54:10 am »
pure jealousy is all that is :lol

that bike could be the start of your racing career!

fazersharp

• GP Hero
  • 10 stone Racing Snake
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 21 December 2017, 10:37:45 am »
Love the way that fella is resting his hand for a little extra streamlining

I used to have one when I was about 14 and ride around the fields on it that surrounded the Sharp family seat at Sharp Manor.
I snapped the front suspension at one point and a friend of my older brother welded it up -solid !
I don't do rain or threat there of. dry rider only with no shame.

tommyardin

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      I don't own a bike
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 21 December 2017, 05:34:59 pm »
Love the way that fella is resting his hand for a little extra streamlining

I used to have one when I was about 14 and ride around the fields on it that surrounded the Sharp family seat at Sharp Manor.
I snapped the front suspension at one point and a friend of my older brother welded it up -solid !

I personally think that the two bolts that hold the bottom of the leg shields have fallen out.

tommyardin

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      I don't own a bike
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 21 December 2017, 05:58:16 pm »
Went and had a closer look at the Honda C90 today and was pleasantly pleased.
The leg shields Fairing is focced, as is one of the rear indicators, tyres need replacing and the battery. The front brake is seized in the off position, so it is just a time related seizure, usually easy to deal with.

The chrome work on the rims are reasonable, front is the better of the two, I think some elbow grease with some fine plumbers wire wool, a tube of Auto-sol, polish them right up bright and the give them a coat of clear spray (Like the stuff that goes on top of metallic paint finish).

It might want a cable or two and possibly a new chain, but we shall see as I progress with it.
I have upped the price to £200 as I don't want to rip him off (I still think it is really cheap) and he was well made up, he said it was more than he paid for it 15 years ago.
So he is well happy and me the same. :lol

tommyardin

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      I don't own a bike
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 21 December 2017, 06:00:00 pm »
Ha Ha! I must of flipped that last picture

Disorderlypunk

• WSB Pack Hound
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 21 December 2017, 06:14:50 pm »
aah its not the one from original picture but still looks in reasonable nick

agricola

• GP Hero
  • Man on a mission
    • Main bike:
      FZ6 S2 07-09
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 21 December 2017, 07:36:11 pm »
What a bargain. Although its a modern one, not got the round indicators (sniff). I had one in the last century when I was an apprentice. Red, kickstart snapped off when I got it, I just used to snick it into second and walk a few paces with it, started every time. Had it two years, all I ever did was fuel it up twice a year. Wonderful little machine. £200. Jeez.

tommyardin

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      I don't own a bike
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 21 December 2017, 08:36:27 pm »

It is a

Hiya Punk no not that exact one,  Below is a picture of the mighty one, not actually this very one but its the same in most details, apart from its has been in a barn for the last 5 years, a dry barn I hasten to add and was last started about 18 months ago. I just grabbed a picture of a blue on from Google Images.
But as you pointed out not in to bad a nick. One like the original that I posted for example are selling for around 2.5 to 3K and over some of them £3750 is thew highest price i have seen with the exception of one with 38 miles on the clock one owner from new and that was going for £4700 :eek 

Not sure what happens to some of my posts it keep writing in my text That I am only 78% Size  :grumble  bit rude and personal I feel, when I say I feel you know what I mean  :rolleyes :lol
« Last Edit: 21 December 2017, 08:40:44 pm by tommyardin »

taylor

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 21 December 2017, 08:45:37 pm »

my neighbour rebuilds these,      from the ground up,    he builds about one a month a makes a decent income,   

sent from my carafan in tenby, ;)

tommyardin

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      I don't own a bike
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 21 December 2017, 08:45:58 pm »
What a bargain. Although its a modern one, not got the round indicators (sniff). I had one in the last century when I was an apprentice. Red, kickstart snapped off when I got it, I just used to snick it into second and walk a few paces with it, started every time. Had it two years, all I ever did was fuel it up twice a year. Wonderful little machine. £200. Jeez.

Yeah its a 1989 Cub 90. About 30 K miles
Should be fun doing it up, I not looking for a complete restoration as in a show bike, but a good clean up and replace broken worn out stuff rattle can it, and have fun riding it for a year or two and likely to easily get my money back if i look after it, like I will, I look after all my stuff. 
« Last Edit: 21 December 2017, 08:53:00 pm by tommyardin »

tommyardin

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      I don't own a bike
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 21 December 2017, 08:48:16 pm »

my neighbour rebuilds these,      from the ground up,    he builds about one a month a makes a decent income,

What sort of prices does he ask, they certainly go for silly money, I nearly fell out of my chair when I looked on eGay and saw what they are going for

tommyardin

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      I don't own a bike
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 21 December 2017, 08:50:57 pm »

I think I will replace them indicators that are on it with some small LED ones that should increase the top speed by about 8 miles an hour, will probably sell the old ones to a local builder he could use the as bricks. :lol