Date: 29-03-24  Time: 14:55 pm

Author Topic: Van driver eating breakfast while driving  (Read 4816 times)

Streetbudgie

• GP Hero
  • Don't mess with a budgie
    • Main bike:
      FZ1 Faired Gen2
    • View Profile
Van driver eating breakfast while driving
« on: 11 August 2016, 08:14:49 pm »
I couldn't believe this so I had to move over and take a second look to make sure I wasn't seeing things:

https://youtu.be/K-KoF_DyHu4

BIG MAC

• Thinks custom titles are stupid!
  • GP Hero
  • New site same sh1te ;-)
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - FZ1 Fazer, FZS600
    • View Profile
Re: Van driver eating breakfast while driving
« Reply #1 on: 11 August 2016, 08:20:53 pm »
Nice to see it isn't just women who can multi task
The Frying Scotsman

celticdog

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 11 August 2016, 08:25:48 pm »
He's definitely fruit loops.
Treat everything in life the way a dog would- if you can't eat it or foc it, forget it.

Bretty

• WSB Pack Hound
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 11 August 2016, 10:28:13 pm »
I was going to say I think I can drive quite safely and eat at the same time.. but the issue isn't driving one handed, it's the fact he has to take his eyes off the road each time he has to aim his spoon to take another scoop. It's those seconds of taking your eyes off the road that kills cyclists and pedestrians and causes most rear end shunts. It's the same with looking at a mobile phone screen. Very bad and done by more than 50% of drivers.
It doesn't bother me when I'm in the car..but on the bike it infuriates the hell out of me.

Oh well, if I had a penny for every bit of bad driving I saw, I would be a millionaire by now.  :rolleyes
-suck-squeeze-bang-blow-

midden

• Operation Foc-UTree
  • GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • - Falcon Stealth
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 11 August 2016, 11:18:54 pm »
Looked more like salad to me.  Are you related to cycle Gaz?

Just a couple of thoughts just for fun ;)

1. How do you know he has to take his eyes off the road each time he puts spoon in the bowl looked to me as though his head was up and facing forward.  I don't find a need to look down at the bowl when I eat

2. How many seconds where your eyes off the road to try and get this man sacked.  Perhaps your numberplate should be splattered on facebook
Women have chocolate men have bikes.....
including ones who like chocolate....;)

Streetbudgie

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZ1 Faired Gen2
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 12 August 2016, 09:04:17 am »
Looked more like salad to me.  Are you related to cycle Gaz?

Just a couple of thoughts just for fun ;)

1. How do you know he has to take his eyes off the road each time he puts spoon in the bowl looked to me as though his head was up and facing forward.  I don't find a need to look down at the bowl when I eat

2. How many seconds where your eyes off the road to try and get this man sacked.  Perhaps your numberplate should be splattered on facebook

OK I'll start a thread where we can discuss the pros and cons of dash cams as I don't want this thread to be destroyed with insults like the last one was.

I'll answer your post above on that thread.

midden

• Operation Foc-UTree
  • GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • - Falcon Stealth
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 12 August 2016, 11:36:49 am »
1. I see no evidence in the footage which shows him taking  his eyes off the road each time he puts spoon in the bowl.  He may have normal hand to mouth coordination (which could in itself remove some concentration away from the road)

2. How many seconds were the rider's eyes directed away from the road ahead in order to try and get this man sacked or fined. Perhaps his numberplate should be splattered on facebook as well.

Ok I've edited my two thoughts as I  kind of cocked up....... my 2 thoughts were  in reply to the comments posted by Bretty and wrongly written as though Bretty were the creator of this quality action video.   That said, the driver being a danger to other road users is mentioned in the vid.

Is the thread really destroyed because of some negative comments.  Btw great footage which cam are you using? That van driver is a total plonker and should be sacked and banned.

As for insults, although I can now see how close to the mark I was it was never my intention to cause offense and will apologise to cycle Gaz when I meet him  ;)

Streetbudgie

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZ1 Faired Gen2
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 12 August 2016, 02:14:09 pm »
Go Pro Silver 3+ and it's stuck on the top of my lid - makes you look like a plonker but it gets the best view although I have noticed that it is a different view from my eye line which explains why some viewers think I'm closer than I am.

Plus on the looking sideways thing, my head and therefore the camera might be facing sideways, but my eyeballs came with a swivel setting when I got them, so it is possible to move my head to the side and look straight ahead.

I think everyone has this ability.

Bretty

• WSB Pack Hound
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 12 August 2016, 04:46:37 pm »
I ate a cheese burger, big mac and fries on the way down to Dover on Friday (starving and in a rush). I could manage that, but didn't have my usual sweet and sour and barbeque sauce to dunk my chips in as I thought that would be dangerous.  :rolleyes

-suck-squeeze-bang-blow-

midden

• Operation Foc-UTree
  • GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • - Falcon Stealth
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 12 August 2016, 07:28:41 pm »
I ate a cheese burger, big mac and fries on the way down to Dover on Friday (starving and in a rush). I could manage that, but didn't have my usual sweet and sour and barbeque sauce to dunk my chips in as I thought that would be dangerous.  :rolleyes

yeah you can get away with cheeseburgers the problems start when  trying to hold together a big mac

midden

• Operation Foc-UTree
  • GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • - Falcon Stealth
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 12 August 2016, 07:43:35 pm »
https://youtu.be/b_CAV22v77E

YOU REALLY ARE A MOTORCYCLE GAZ.
Most would do what the drivers to your left did. Why no mention of the cars blatantly not driving round disc that is the roundabout.

Exupnut

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 12 August 2016, 07:51:50 pm »
OMFG!!! That biker crossed a solid cycle lane....u can only use the broken ones mate!!! FFS.....I'm shocked .....ring ring ...hello this is plod how can I help....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Just flapping about on this stagnant little pond on the outer rim of the internet.....yup....  :-))

Grahamm

• Global Moderator
  • GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZ6 04-06
    • View Profile
    • Affordable Leather Products
« Reply #12 on: 13 August 2016, 12:08:16 pm »
Oh dear, here we go again...

Ad Hominem Tu Quoque "[...] if Source A criticizes the actions of Source B, a tu quoque response is that Source A has acted in the same way. This argument is false because it does not disprove the premise; if the premise is true then Source A may be a hypocrite, but this does not make the statement less credible"

In other words, what Streetbudgie may or may not have done does not exonerate the driver from their actions.

NorthWestern

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 13 August 2016, 12:45:20 pm »
It doesn't, but no one is really saying it does.  What if the driver posted the reverse vid, showing some guy on a bike doing what he did, plastered the vid with insulting comments and splashing the reg plate on social media etc without allowing any sort of defence?

It is, as someone else already stated, curtain twitching.  Do these people upload vids of themselves breaking the traffic laws, splash their own reg plates and cowardly comments on etc?  Why not?

Oh thats right, because in their holier than thou crusade they don't deem their own actions as a problem.  These discussions typically spiral out of meaning because the posters seem to want a pat on the back and any criticism of the practice of what they are doing is taken as a direct personal attack with no actual discussion taking place.  No matter how many times people try to clarify that they don't mean the poster in question - just using the provided material as a point to look at.
Intentionally left blank

tommyardin

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      I don't own a bike
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 16 August 2016, 12:40:05 am »
It doesn't, but no one is really saying it does.  What if the driver posted the reverse vid, showing some guy on a bike doing what he did, plastered the vid with insulting comments and splashing the reg plate on social media etc without allowing any sort of defence?

It is, as someone else already stated, curtain twitching.  Do these people upload vids of themselves breaking the traffic laws, splash their own reg plates and cowardly comments on etc?  Why not?

Oh thats right, because in their holier than thou crusade they don't deem their own actions as a problem.  These discussions typically spiral out of meaning because the posters seem to want a pat on the back and any criticism of the practice of what they are doing is taken as a direct personal attack with no actual discussion taking place.  No matter how many times people try to clarify that they don't mean the poster in question - just using the provided material as a point to look at.

Has anyone any idea if it was full fat milk or semi skimmed milk on the van drivers cereal. Semi skimmed is much safer according to the department of food and fisheries. So ideally skimmed milk on kippers is a safe breakfast for a van driver with a busy schedule. And can be consumed with confidence that it will not do him any harm let alone anyone else, plus I have been told as long as you have your dipped headlights on its all ok.
So that's put that to bed.

darrsi

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • View Profile
More people are born because of alcohol than will ever die from it.

Flooky

• Weekend Warrior
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 16 August 2016, 07:20:42 pm »
With my open face helmet I can eat a chicken balti, onion bahji, rice and a naan, but the fkin mint sauce goes on your tank and messes it up...but it was ok I washed it off with a bit of cobra..   :lol

robbo

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - Mk 1 Speed Triple
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 16 August 2016, 08:50:06 pm »
Oi Flooky,
You were supposed to be delivering the Balti, not eating it. Yours was the Madras.
Whizz kid sitting pretty on his two wheeled stallion.

tommyardin

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      I don't own a bike
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 17 August 2016, 05:58:52 pm »
With my open face helmet I can eat a chicken balti, onion bahji, rice and a naan, but the fkin mint sauce goes on your tank and messes it up...but it was ok I washed it off with a bit of cobra..   :lol

I don't some people are so uncouth, Mint Sauce with out Poppadoms.
Peasant.  :fish [size=78%] [/size]

taylor

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 19 August 2016, 10:46:09 pm »
when i go to the beach i buy donught rings, i keep them on my front brake lever and use the back brake until they are all gone, 8)
sent from my carafan in tenby, ;)

Exupnut

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
Van driver eating breakfast while driving
« Reply #20 on: 20 August 2016, 12:28:50 am »
when i go to the beach i buy donught rings, i keep them on my front brake lever and use the back brake until they are all gone, 8)

Guys ...have u not learned from the streetbudgie ...r u not LISTENING!!....imho u r both "FUKIN IDIOTS" for posting up categorical admissions of blatant highway misuse on a biker forum...how very very dare you...I'm tellin your mum on you

(If she's a copper ;-)
« Last Edit: 20 August 2016, 12:30:06 am by Exupnut »
Just flapping about on this stagnant little pond on the outer rim of the internet.....yup....  :-))

JOE

• CBT Wobbler
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • View Profile

taylor

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 20 August 2016, 09:33:25 pm »
sorry boys, sorry mum.   in future  I will not eat anything when riding except a bit of nipple. :b
sent from my carafan in tenby, ;)

locksmith

• FOC-U Official Selfish Bastard
    A bit of a cheapskate
    imageJune 09
  • GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - MT-09 :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 22 August 2016, 11:06:28 am »
Is your name Geoff Smith?

http://www.motorcyclenews.com/news/2008/november/nov1208-vigilante-bikers-murky-past/

The charity’s function was to deliver organs to hospitals. But a police officer who caught Smith driving without a licence in a car done up to look like an ambulance said: “The only organ he could transport is some liver from the butcher’s.”
[/size][/color]
[/size]:lol:lol:lol[/color]

tommyardin

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      I don't own a bike
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 22 August 2016, 12:17:22 pm »

I have another little protrusion that I pop my ring doughnuts on whilst riding, I also find that my pillion never seems to wants on of them either, so all's good.