Date: 19-04-24  Time: 08:45 am

Author Topic: Speedohealer v4  (Read 2185 times)

Dudeofrude

• GP Hero
  • Rude, Crude and Tattooed
    • Main bike:
      FZ1 Naked Gen2
    • View Profile
Speedohealer v4
« on: 11 September 2016, 12:57:19 pm »
Just found one under my seat?  Never heard of it before. I've done a quick Google and found the website but juts keep saying about correcting the speedo? I don't know why it wouldn't be right anyway? Does it mean I might not have stock gearing?
Are they any good? Or shall I get rid of it?

Tmation

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
Re: Speedohealer v4
« Reply #1 on: 11 September 2016, 02:28:10 pm »
It might have been fitted because the gearing has been changed or the previous owner was anal about correcting Speedo error.

Dudeofrude

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZ1 Naked Gen2
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 11 September 2016, 05:26:00 pm »
That alright if it's set properly. Now I'm gonna need to find a way to test it haha

BBROWN1664

• Administrator
  • GP Hero
  • Should get out more!
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • - Tracer 900
    • View Profile
    • My website
« Reply #3 on: 12 September 2016, 01:57:51 pm »
Or because the bike is an import and shows everything as kmh so this was fitted to make it mph values.

Most likely because the previous owner changed the sprockets to non-standard sizes at some point and the FZS1000/FZ1 has the speedo driven off the gearbox.
Another ex-Fazer rider that is a foccer again

Dudeofrude

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZ1 Naked Gen2
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 12 September 2016, 02:17:16 pm »
Yeah it definitely not an import. Besides you can switch from mph to kph on the speedo it's self by holding down one of the buttons?  I'm thinking it must be a sprocket thing. I'm having my mechy give it a once over next week anyway so I'm sure he'll let me know

Dudeofrude

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZ1 Naked Gen2
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 18 September 2016, 10:44:42 am »
When I turn it on the display say -16.7
I don't suppose any of you clever people could tell me what that means for my gearing? Whether it's high or lower than normal?

Dudeofrude

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZ1 Naked Gen2
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 18 September 2016, 10:49:25 am »
Just been playing with the app and the closest match I can get is 16.4 and that's from a 15 45 sprocket set up. Seems a little drastic to drop 2 front teeth doesn't it?

CatalinU

• Weekend Warrior
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 24 March 2020, 07:00:31 am »
Qucik question. As having the standard factory size pinions, does the speedo shows corectly? I mean does it shows like a GPS wich is the real speed? I was thinking if not, then i should get a speedo healer to correct that? Or the speedo corrects only the ratio betwen sprockets?

kebab19

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 24 March 2020, 02:52:13 pm »
No the speedo is off by around five percent. Adding a 17 tooth front sprocket makes it almost 100% accurate: course, that reduces the acceleration (boo!) but improves economy slightly (yay!)
I have the device on mine as lowering the gearing makes it read even more inaccurate. I currently have a 45t rear sprocket fitted and from memory adjusted the healer to 7.3

Timbo

• Weekend Warrior
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 27 March 2020, 06:57:18 pm »
Just found one under my seat?  Never heard of it before. I've done a quick Google and found the website but juts keep saying about correcting the speedo? I don't know why it wouldn't be right anyway? Does it mean I might not have stock gearing?
Are they any good? Or shall I get rid of it?

I am on my second Fazer 1000, both had\have a 15t front and a Speedhealer to correct the speedo.

The improved acceleration from the 15t is fab and you will not miss the top end anyway. Anything over the ton and you are in deep doo doo! And you will still get 50mpg on average (both of mine were\is Ivanised)

With the front sprocket cover of count the the teeth, my old bike is out there somewhere .... last seen on the Pile o' Shite (IOW). I should never have sold it!!!

Bw

Timbo

CatalinU

• Weekend Warrior
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 28 March 2020, 12:43:19 pm »
So as for future, when the time will com to change my sprockets and chain, is it worth going higher on the front sprocket? Not looking into wheelies, but more into fuel economy. What would be the best option to go for to get that extra fuel?

robbo

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - Mk 1 Speed Triple
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 28 March 2020, 01:48:29 pm »
Yep. Up one on the front would give better economy. You'd lose some engine braking at town speeds and might need to slip the clutch a tad to get off the lights. But you'd achieve what you're after.
Whizz kid sitting pretty on his two wheeled stallion.

CatalinU

• Weekend Warrior
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 28 March 2020, 05:35:11 pm »
Does anyone know whats the part number for a FZS1000 gen1?