Date: 25-04-24  Time: 09:22 am

Author Topic: Electric Power problem - no power at all?  (Read 2215 times)

arvin

• Cager in Training
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • View Profile
Electric Power problem - no power at all?
« on: 17 March 2014, 07:36:57 pm »
Hi folks. I have Fazer 600 from 2002. Everthyng was Ok, but suddently I was turn off the bike, and when trying to turn on, I switch the key but no power to the dashboard at all! No lamps, no odometer, no lights, no contact, nothing. Like there is no battery on bike! I measured battery and it is Ok. I switch new battery but still no power. I was checking every fuse and everyone is Ok.

hm...I left bike for one week in garage, tryed to switch jey again but nothing. Tryed to check the cables under the key switch and still no power. I left key to ON position for almost one hours and I get power to my dashboard back. I turn on the engine and after one minut, suddenly it lost electric power again and again nothing. No lamps, odometer, nothing.

Again the day after I manage to turn it on by lefting key to ON position, I get electric power, turn on and here is what I notice:

- when I turn key to ON, normaly, all lamps go ON and off. It is a lamp check. Then everything goes to normal. Green neutral lights, odometer is visible etc. When I turn possition light on, still everything is ok, but when I turn low light, my odometer goes invisible and all lights turn of and on again and odometer is again visible. Like some kind of reset happens. Like I am turning the key OFF and ON. Also, that happens when I turn on High beam/high light or press passing light. But everything is normal when I turn position light! That all happens when my engine is OFF and my key is at ON position.

When the engine is ON, that also happens but only for first time when I turn of the light. All dashboard goes like on reset. Off and ON,. but when I turn of light an back turn On, everything is normal. So only first time, when the engine is ON, when I turn On lights, reset happens. When the engine is OFF, on every turning ON low or high lights, my dashboard reset.

Today, i was driving a bike, pull over, turn it of, went for a coffee, turn on key and NOTHING. Dead. I had to put the bike in a mini van to get it back home!

Any familiar experience, any advice...thanx in advance..Arvin

AdieR

• Club Racer
    • Main bike:
      FZ6 S2 07-09
    • View Profile
Re: Electric Power problem - no power at all?
« Reply #1 on: 18 March 2014, 10:40:24 pm »
You say you've tested the battery and it was "OK" - what's "OK"?

I think (bearing in mind with limited info, and from a distance) either your battery and/or reg / rec is kaput.

His Dudeness

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      I don't own a bike
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 19 March 2014, 07:18:20 pm »
Totally dead would point towards a broken connection somewhere in the circuit. Try turning the ignition on and jiggling the connectors see if it comes to life. If it doesn't try seperating each connector and check for burning or corrosion. Start with the connector from the ignition switch. If you don't find any bad connections check the wiring for breaks or chaffed wires. Check around the headstock and also around the ecu.

OBEWON

• Cager in Training
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • - RD 350-XV535
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 29 March 2014, 06:00:19 pm »
Have you checked earthing points on bike, for bad/corroded connections sound like a bad earth to me

thunderpantz

• Weekend Warrior
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 29 March 2014, 10:18:22 pm »
Sounds like dodgy earth to me, as mine was sort of doing the same. Clocks were intermittently working, when ignition was on, clocks would turn on but everything would cut off as soon as the starter tried to turn. Plus needles on the rev and speedo were going nuts