Date: 19-04-24  Time: 01:32 am

Author Topic: silly season,its started  (Read 20277 times)

Raymy

• Erection Services Foccer
    Brighter than a ZippoFirelighter
  • GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - There is only 1 Gertrude
    • View Profile
Re: silly season,its started
« Reply #25 on: 07 May 2013, 04:01:36 pm »
Shit, missed out half that there cos I got a phone call amd cannae mind what I was gonna say
Smell ones mother. Yaas!

red98

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - FZS600,CB400/4,X7,CB250
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 07 May 2013, 04:03:33 pm »
yes...strong point with me.....another you can add to the list...........anyone from outside the country using our nhs without paying into it ................................................................
One, is never going to be enough.....

Exupnut

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 07 May 2013, 04:10:06 pm »

We are known as organ donors by default in many hospitals no matter what gear you wear. All these people are still affected. Death is death whether you are a power ranger *ahem* or not and even the best leathers won't avoid a broken limb in many cases.

So true there mate. Seen many many powered two wheel accidents and known loadsa bikers who have had them. A few of them fatal. I worked in a hospital fer 3 yrs and have heard that term mentioned in kings college.

In town i'll do jeans and long sleeve tshirt but i drive accordingly.  If u cant stay with the traffic and ride safely u shud be rethinkin. Whatever speed u go u have to treat traffic the same and when riding on ur own havin a blast then everything shud b progressive. Its kept me alive for 21 yrs of despatchin.
Just flapping about on this stagnant little pond on the outer rim of the internet.....yup....  :-))

noggythenog

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - TRX Noggyfighter
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 07 May 2013, 04:19:04 pm »
yes...strong point with me.....another you can add to the list...........anyone from outside the country using our nhs without paying into it ................................................................

Amen to that

Good point....well made

Ok ive maybe been a bit harsh also & like i say i do wear leathers i wont be wearing my shorts again in a hurry, im not afraid to admit that i did it even if i know i wasnt gonna get a good reception from saying so.i had a weak moment, im only human.

Trouble with the internet is that everyones holy than thou & the perfect mechanics & everyone on facebook has the perfect relationship etc but in reality we all do stupid shit sometimes.

Budgie i actually do sympathise but you  just got my goat a bit with your Wrong or Right mentality when it's not always that simple, perhaps its coz you cant actually say that to folk when they're in your establishment.if everyone was as sensible as you think they should be then no doubt youd have an better shift with no accidental damages or mishaps & only those that truely deserve treatment but wouldnt the world be such a strange place then,almost like that crap film with sylvester stallone-Demolition Man.
Easiest way to go fast........don't buy a blue bike

JoeRock

• WSB Pack Hound
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: 07 May 2013, 04:21:17 pm »

Budgie, I don't disagree I really don't but at the same time, would you enforce that someone wear the leathers etc if given the chance?
What next?

"No Sir, motorcycles cost the state far too much in healthcare and paperwork so we are outlawing them altogether for the safety of everyone. In the back of the van please Sir."

We are known as organ donors by default in many hospitals no matter what gear you wear. All these people are still affected. Death is death whether you are a power ranger *ahem* or not and even the best leathers won't avoid a broken limb in many cases.

If it keeps one biker out of A&E then yes, protective clothing must be compulsory, it's subsidized anyway. The truth is that a small off will put you in the hospital if you have no protective clothing, why wouldn't you wear it?

If you really want to avoid the banning or over restricting of bikes in any way then you should be advocating the compulsory use of protective clothing, more bikers in hospital = more reason to ban bikes.

Some bikers are known as organ donors, most are not as they wear the right gear and minimize their risk, a broken leg isn't always avoidable, but the queue of morons in front of you in A&E waiting for skin abrasions to be patched up is.

What about back protectors? Can't fit one of them under a t shirt, or elbow protectors, or knee protectors - they all can and do prevent broken bones.

Why does everyone keep going on about leather, all my gear is textile and CE approved as good as leather or better, none of it cost a fortune.

Personally when I'm out on the bike I have one of two clothing sets:
For long journeys, times when I'll be at high speeds, or times when I know I'm going to want to piss around, I'm in a two piece leathers set, proper gloves and boots and of course a helmet.

If however, I'm going for a bimble, either just to visit mates, or around town, then I tend to wear the boots, gloves and helmet, but then a much thinner fashion type leather jacket, and a pair of jeans. I'm very well aware that if I come off at 30mph wearing that then yes it's going to hurt like hell, I've come off at similar speeds on my pushbike and that hurt bad enough. However, I judge the risk to be an acceptable one,and I can't be dealing with the hassle of wearing all the gear! Personally, there's no way I'd go out on my bike without at least gloves and boots on, and some kind of coverings (dependent on the speed I know I'll be at), but if other people want to ride about like that then that is entirely up to them, they'll be the ones in serious pain if they do come off!

It's like drinking, should that be made entirely illegal to do just because some people can't cope with it and use it sensibly? Pretty certain alcohol costs the NHS more money each year than a few bikers short of skin!

I'm totally against the restriction on our freedoms for pretty much anything, particularly when it comes to motorcycles -it would start with being forced to wear all the gear all the time, then high viz all the time, then we wouldn't be able to modify our bikes, and then they'd probably just ban bikes altogether and we'd have to live in tin boxes.
What I am thinking of doing is potentially getting a set of kevlar jeans, but that's because I want to, not because I'm being told to! I'm also looking into buying a jacket similar to one that my dad has - it's essentially kevlar mesh with armour inside, so no wind protection at all but its got the slide and impact protection - just right for summer.
On that note though, textiles and leathe are so far apart in terms of protection it's almost not even right to compare them - there's bloody good reasons why textiles aren't allowed on track and why racers don't wear them, whereas leather slides, and can wear through (or more likely the stitching splits) textiles can not only do the same but in a much quicker manner, but they can rip outright! Personally I won't wear textiles any more, if I'm wearing a full set of gear it tends to change my mindset and I certainly ride faster, and with textiles you don't get the proper protection that leather offers!

jon

• FOC-U Crucifixion Consultant
  • GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - CRF250L, Stage 1 tuned
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: 07 May 2013, 04:46:40 pm »
I will happily admit to riding in jeans, all the time in fact. Yes, I have also been known to pop to the village shop in my shorts, I justride a bit more carefully. Hell, I once rode naked round the village for a 50p bet, just lid and boots.

Sod it, if I want to risk it I will, but I ride accordingly, its nobody elses business. If twats on pocket rockets want to wear sandals todo wheelies then I hope they learn the hard way.

The strain on the nhs caused by me getting gravel rash or worse is feck all compared to all the scroungers that get wasted/eat crap/smoke/drink alcohol. Fuck em, if they want to kill themselves slowly then let them, but nobody has the right to tell me what I can or cant wear when im riding a bike that I have paid for. The guys in the nhs do a blinding job, I couldnt do it, I havent got the patience, just look in on a&e on a friday night and start legislating against wasters before legislating against bikers.

dBfazer600

• WSB Pack Hound
  • I is Zedonk
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: 07 May 2013, 04:49:13 pm »
 Well as a welsh descendent tattooed fat bastard, balding with health problems you can send me to the gas chambers for a swift death because I is not worthy although I do not over eat, smoke, minimal alcohol intake, wear all the right gear but it was the numpty in the car who over took another vehicle and came on my-side of the road that put me in a situation of visiting A&E. But hay take one look at me and I is not worthy of been treated because of how I look but not how I may think.
If you have been at a DVLA test centre recently you will have notice that trainees are been turned away if not wearing a dedicated motorcycle jacket, high viz bib, minimum boots, gloves and the helmet of which is all loaned from the training centre.
Every one has the right to take risks and for one I would not stop the OAP from walking down the road because they were unsteady on their feet. I would be disciplined under the safe guarding of adults for imprisonment.
If you want to blame some one else for the state of our nhs and stupidity of individuals take it up with those individuals directly such as the rider and the government to put a fat tax on top of their manager heavy nhs.
Daz the  :)  biker
She Ain't Exactly Pretty, She Ain't Exactly Small, Fourt'two Thirt'ninefiftysix

You Could Say She's Got It All.

red98

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: 07 May 2013, 05:00:12 pm »
ah yes.....a fat tax.....now i like that :)  add a alcohol tax,foreigner tax,self harming tax,anyone fiddling benifits tax.....and of course anyone fiddling expenses tax.....you know who you are .

dBfazer600

• WSB Pack Hound
  • I is Zedonk
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: 07 May 2013, 05:10:27 pm »
 :rollin :rollin  Lets tax all the chocolate munching people, ok so mainly this would be a woman tax  :b

Daz

noggythenog

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - TRX Noggyfighter
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: 07 May 2013, 05:12:03 pm »
How much is the fat tax :o

It's a while til pay day :\

Can i pay in instalments with mini kievs & mars bars? :D

red98

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: 07 May 2013, 05:13:47 pm »
:rollin :rollin  Lets tax all the chocolate munching people, ok so mainly this would be a woman tax  :b

Daz

nice  one dBfazer.....wish i had thought of that.................in-law tax,thats another goodun.

bri h

• WSB Pack Hound
    • Main bike:
      FZ1 Faired Gen2
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: 07 May 2013, 05:44:13 pm »
Wow you all make such good and relevant points. Personaly i chucked an x7 up the road wearing a leather jacket and a pair of levis. Ive still got the scars on my leg as a reminder to wear something a bit more substantial.
a bird in the hand poops on the wrist

slimwilly

• GP Hero
  • I love to ride them hills
    • Main bike:
      FZ1 Faired Gen2
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: 07 May 2013, 05:47:19 pm »
I love chocalate and chips and ice cream but of course, i am Slimwilly :lol , not more tax, oh no
An ageing test pilot for home grown widgets that may fail at anytime.

jon

• FOC-U Crucifixion Consultant
  • GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - CRF250L, Stage 1 tuned
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: 07 May 2013, 05:56:29 pm »
Ah, it wasnt meant as a personal attack, but you have kinda said what I meant... its up to the individual if they drink/smoke/eat junk/dont excersize/take drugs etc etc so it should be up to the individaul to decide what they want to wear.

After all, if I ride to the shops in shorts, I MIGHT come off, resulting in me MAYBE needing hospital treatment, its never happened before, and touch wood it won't happen, going by those odds its a calculated risk and about as likely as me being hit by a car whilst crossing the road... whereas if you are severly out of shape, drink excessively, smoke etc, then you WILL develop complications that will cost the nhs... be it lung disease, liver or kidney probs, high blood pressure, heart problems.. these things WILL happen as opposed to me MAYBE needing skin grafts.

Yes I know everyone dies eventually (except me, obviously, im indestructable), but forcing me into leather trousers and a hi vis aint gonna make a dent in the nhs bill, try legislating instead against some of the huge companies (cocacola, mcdonalds, greggs etc) if you want to see a real difference... but that will never happen cos the gready bastids have all the money for lawyers to protect their assets.

Raymy

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: 07 May 2013, 06:09:53 pm »
Jon, if you are riding about nekkid, with those boobies I reckon the road should be wearing the armour
Smell ones mother. Yaas!

Raymy

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: 07 May 2013, 06:10:33 pm »
Now put 'em away, I'm getting a stiffy
Smell ones mother. Yaas!

ponkster

• Weekend Warrior
  • Grumpy Old MF
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • - VN 1500 P1
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: 07 May 2013, 06:28:55 pm »

In a strange turn that may twist your melon man - I do wear protective gear - but out of choice not out of legal or moral obligation.
« Last Edit: 07 May 2013, 06:32:15 pm by ponkster »
"Don't Die with Fun in the Bank!"

pitternator

• "I'll be back"
  • GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: 07 May 2013, 06:29:49 pm »
Its allright spouting off about ones freedom to wear what they like....but riding a bike is dangerous . Full stop.Theres no fecking kidology here...its fecking inherantly and empiracally proven to be  dangerous, and there is a very high likelihood of getting seriously injured through no fault of yer own, let alone courting disaster by riding so inappropriately. IF somebody decides they wont wear appropriate clothing , then tbh why should the nhs bother with them ? You want to opt out , take a very conscious decision to flip the finger at common sense. Then to my thinking , you really start to waive your right to free expensive health care.
Lets get off this ridiculous " revolutionary " bandwagon and just get real.

I have crashed very badly indeed in my lifetime and am only here because of leathers and other protective clothing ....FFs wake up and smell the coffee...and take some personal responsibility , which seems so sadly lacking in modern society.Why should someone else bail you out cos of a stupid viewpoint on " freedom of choice". To live in society we all have to take our own lives responsibly, and ideally should be looking out for the needs of others too. If we all did this, there would be far fewer " accidents" and the awful consequences for other poor sods to deal with. !...I really do pity the poor health service workers who have to clear up the mess because of what is in my mind complete selfishness on the part of fools.

And before anyone says anything , its my personal opinion, and I am entitled to have it !

VNA - BMW Wank

• BMW Wank
  • GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - BMW R1250R Honda C90
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: 07 May 2013, 06:30:43 pm »
If it keeps one biker out of A&E then yes, protective clothing must be compulsory, it's subsidized anyway. The truth is that a small off will put you in the hospital if you have no protective clothing, why wouldn't you wear it?

I mean why not just ban bikes, everybody knows cars are safer.

They day they make protective clothing compulsory (with the exception of hats) is the day I'm up for the under pants and hat go slow through our cities.

Streetbudgie

• GP Hero
  • Don't mess with a budgie
    • Main bike:
      FZ1 Faired Gen2
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: 07 May 2013, 06:33:29 pm »
I think you should be made to wear a helmet whilst driving a car, not everyone, just you.it will minimise your chance of injury in a crash.

Bit sad that you can't respond sensibly, I rest my case on my opinion regarding your idiocy.

bri h

• WSB Pack Hound
    • Main bike:
      FZ1 Faired Gen2
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: 07 May 2013, 06:36:30 pm »
Is this a good time to mention it costs the nhs 5 grand for some old trouts boob job?

noggythenog

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - TRX Noggyfighter
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: 07 May 2013, 06:41:49 pm »
I think you should be made to wear a helmet whilst driving a car, not everyone, just you.it will minimise your chance of injury in a crash.

Bit sad that you can't respond sensibly, I rest my case on my opinion regarding your idiocy.

:2fingers

Streetbudgie

• GP Hero
  • Don't mess with a budgie
    • Main bike:
      FZ1 Faired Gen2
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: 07 May 2013, 06:46:13 pm »
Some bikers are known as organ donors, most are not as they wear the right gear and minimize their risk, a broken leg isn't always avoidable, but the queue of morons in front of you in A&E waiting for skin abrasions to be patched up is.
Why does everyone keep going on about leather, all my gear is textile and CE approved as good as leather or better, none of it cost a fortune.

Quote from: Streetbudgie on Today at 12:38:22 PM <blockquote> Wrong, I see these muppets in A&E all the time through the summer and it doesn't only hurt them, the list is long:

It hurts anyone who witness the devastation a 10 second slide on tarmac does to the unprotected body, horror movies do not come near it.

Methinks that will be why.

The reason I mentioned the global aspect is due to the fact that everything we do is affecting a whole lot more people than we would like to admit and by our buying it we contribute to the suffering. To cherry pick a biker with no textiles or leathers and say about all those people who would be affected is somewhat iffy if you have gold blend or pepsi in the cupboard.

So....fat bastards?

Where are we drawing the line then and who makes your list or worthy and unworthy, indeed, what is the criteria?

There's plenty of fat bastards around here, take thy judgement to them. No doubt you are friendly with some. Will you be vehemently insisting that they change their lifestyle to suit your ideal of a perfect NHS and vision of what it is there for? "Bacon? Get out of here, we only admit celery munchers at this establishment!!!"
Many of us are considered overweight and its as a result

Do you call someone an idiot for not having textile and CE armour on their trouser/shoes or whatever?

Like i say, I don't disagree with much of what you say, however i must question the way in which you say it. Apologies if this is antagonistic but you've came across very bitter here and I'm not sure its warranted</blockquote>

I'm confused, are you questioning my choice to wear textiles which perform as good as or better than leather? Not sure why you would as I'm choosing to protect myself properly.

The global aspect does not apply, this isn't cherry picking issues, this is something that is a drain on the NHS and life affecting that can easily be avoided simply by wearing the right kit - I can't do anything about global markets and huge companies that poison this planet other than choose to avoid them, but I can use this forum to get my point across and if one person thinks 'you know what, I don't want to see my wife and kids crying in A&E cos I've got no face left' then I have done something.

My point about fat bastards, old people etc was exactly that - the poster suggested that bikers were more entitled to NHS treatment than others who he figures somehow will have paid less in - my point was showing where do you stop, why not ban fat people, old people etc - surprised I needed to explain that really.

I'm not bitter, I just do not understand why people argue against what is clearly common sense, I also don't care about expressing myself on here as I feel, if someone tells me they ride in t shirts and shorts then I reserve the right to call them a selfish twonk, because they are.

dBfazer600

• WSB Pack Hound
  • I is Zedonk
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: 07 May 2013, 06:47:09 pm »
Is this a good time to mention it costs the nhs 5 grand for some old trouts boob job?

Nothing wrong with air bags. There are plenty about and you can now even get a jacket full of em. A perverts heaven   :rollin

Daz

bri h

• WSB Pack Hound
    • Main bike:
      FZ1 Faired Gen2
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: 07 May 2013, 07:01:38 pm »
Haha and they only deploy when you need them.