Date: 28-03-24  Time: 22:47 pm

Author Topic: I'm back!  (Read 1236 times)

Punkstig

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • View Profile
I'm back!
« on: 04 May 2013, 08:25:12 pm »
Well, after 3 years, 2 Thundercats, an SRAD 750 and a cb250rs I'm back on a Fazer!

Picked her up today, '03 600, 12000 miles for a delightful £1750!

Rode her back 200 miles and was delighted, now don't get me wrong, I was reminded just how capable the engine was but compared to the T'cat and SRAD handling wise it shows, but I expected this anyway so a little fiddling / swapping out of shocks etc will be had and will hopefully help, although the fact she was on 5 year old Conti road attacks would not have helped in the slightest!

She starts work life dispatching on Wednesday so I'll slap her into shape!

So anyway, hello all, again!
Some say...

noggythenog

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - TRX Noggyfighter
    • View Profile
Re: I'm back!
« Reply #1 on: 04 May 2013, 08:42:07 pm »
Welcome back Punkstig & may i say what a supreme name that is  8)
good to know that people keep coming back, fazers my first bike so i'll keep these posts in mind when i start itching for a new bike.

happy days :thumbup
Easiest way to go fast........don't buy a blue bike

Punkstig

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 04 May 2013, 09:05:16 pm »
A truly confidence inspiring bike, it does have its pitfalls but what bike doesn't!
Tbh, the main reason I got another one was due to 4 non fault accidents in the past 5 years my insurance got cancelled on the Gixxer, courier insurance is still too high for me on this fazer but there's no way I'm pootling along on a cb500!

Give it a couple of years to kill this one and I'll more than likely be back on a T'cat.
My last fazer and T'cat both got to 120,000 miles btw!
Some say...

noggythenog

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - TRX Noggyfighter
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 04 May 2013, 09:20:34 pm »
A truly confidence inspiring bike, it does have its pitfalls but what bike doesn't!
Tbh, the main reason I got another one was due to 4 non fault accidents in the past 5 years my insurance got cancelled on the Gixxer, courier insurance is still too high for me on this fazer but there's no way I'm pootling along on a cb500!

Give it a couple of years to kill this one and I'll more than likely be back on a T'cat.
My last fazer and T'cat both got to 120,000 miles btw!
120k sure is good value for money, i've always liked the thundercats.Just had a look at howmanyleft and theres apparently only 2600 of them still on the road compared to about 8000 fazer 600s so i suppose theres much less good'ns about compared to the fazer.
Easiest way to go fast........don't buy a blue bike

Chris

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 04 May 2013, 11:59:18 pm »
Hey,

Welcome (back) to the forum,

Get some pics up of bikes past and present  8)

Chris

It wouldn't be fun if it was easy, I just wish it wasn't this much fun.

Punkstig

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 05 May 2013, 10:47:11 am »
Wow Noggy, didn't realise the numbers, I best buy a couple and store them before they go extinct!

As soon as I look into posting pics they'll be up, including one very HOT Thundercat![size=78%] [/size]
Some say...