Date: 28-03-24  Time: 15:52 pm

Author Topic: My Fazer 1000 up for sale £1500  (Read 6478 times)

Andy-Fazer-thou

• CBT Wobbler
  • My Ride
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - none
    • View Profile
My Fazer 1000 up for sale £1500
« on: 14 August 2014, 07:48:06 pm »
HI Everyone

Right My Fazer is in very good condition and clean Lots of recent work clutch & springs, battery, new rear tyre, chain & sprockets, Brakes, fork seals, service including carb balance, powder coated wheels, belly pan, , tinted screen,  MOT september 2015 no tax as of new law
 the bike has 64k on it And still bombing along as strong as it was the day it was made  the engine thats in it is excellent it dont smoke knock or rattle or bang.
heres a Link to my Fazer on you tube

Fazer in the garden 2

Andy

NO OFFERS i want £1500 for it and thats VERY cheap considering ive seen 2 others on auto trader with similar mileage for 2700+

« Last Edit: 22 October 2014, 08:07:50 pm by Andy-Fazer-thou »

jonesthesteam

• Weekend Warrior
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - Currently Fazerless
    • View Profile
Re: A dilema with my bike i want to sell her
« Reply #1 on: 14 August 2014, 09:24:30 pm »
Only a personal view but I would much rather buy a bike with the original engine fitted regardless of mileage than one that had an engine swap, the reason being that you would be unlikely to convince me of the history of the swapped engine (especially if only installed recently) whereas I would hope you would have a good knowledge of the original if you had owned it a while and some service history to show.

Saying that, 64k is high on a bike in my opinion (I know others will think differently) so for me both options would be out, but I wouldn't pay extra for a bike with a swapped engine in it.

All the best with your sale

Jonesy

ogri48

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - XJR1300 , evo fatty
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 14 August 2014, 09:44:30 pm »
Andy the hard truth us you won't get nearly two grand for it with that mileage mate, but as jonesy says a swapped motor won't help either..if you really want to sell you've just gotta bite the bullet and punt it out cheap..it's a bitter pill but those of us with gen twos can't sell unless it's stupid cheap, it's just how it is bud

My 59 plate ABS gen 2 with only 6k up I'd probably be lucky to get four grand for

stevierst

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - XSR900
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 14 August 2014, 09:58:48 pm »
Just sold my 2010 fz1 with 31000 on it and had a Shit load of mods for £4k, I was gutted!
Wherever I went there was sucking of teeth and the words "high mileage" spoken, I got sick of it and tore a strip off one guy saying the same thing about if it were a car.
It's a Jap L4 engine, it'll do 100k easily. The trouble is those out there that still believe a bike is over the hill at 20k. It's this stupidity which is costing us a fortune, but keeping the industry in New sales.
These nothing wrong with your 60k bike,  keep the engine in it. But the truth is you might have to sell her at the cheaper end of the scale due to the narrow minded idiots out there.
Stop polishing it and ride the bloody thing!!

ghostbiker

• Muck Spreader
  • GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - GSX600F Katana
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 14 August 2014, 11:13:43 pm »
Bikes will easily do 100k plus if looked after. I would prefer a well looked after 50k bike than a neglected 10k bike.

bigralphie

• 6 Million Dollar Foccer
    Scenic Pisser
    FOC-U Equine Entrepreneur
  • GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - ZZR1400
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 14 August 2014, 11:16:26 pm »
Yep
I put 38k on my brand new FZS1000 in the first 2 years and it was worth less than half the new cost  :'(
its just high mileage riders are in the minority ,ave miles is 3k a year for a bike   :o
Its just a ride

tex

• WSB Pack Hound
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - tdr 250
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 15 August 2014, 09:55:19 am »
If you are going to keep the bike long term. I would get another engine. It would not matter if you are not selling. Just enjoy the bike. Try and get a engine with service history
the night i was born, lord the moon stood a fire red., my poor mother her crying,
she said the gypsy was right, and she fell right dead

Dave48

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - MT-07 Tracer
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 15 August 2014, 09:56:51 am »
The sad fact of the matter is that bikes are seen as a disposable consumer item a situation encouraged/promoted by the manufacturers/dealers.
IMHO we will continue to pay the high new ticket prices because bike sales in the UK are minuscule compared to cars. Likewise the high cost of spares/accessories.
Probably your best chance of selling for the best price will be to a knowledgeable fellow "foccer" who will be more interested in the service history of the bike than the miles displayed on odo.
Interestingly Suzuki have just announced £1000 off certain models due to falling demand. Also Yamaha MT07 & MT09 are competitively priced so maybe things are beginning to look better for us as prospective purchasers.
Good luck with the sale & as said dont bother swapping engine-just draft out a good ad listing history/mods/extras. Post it up on here and avoid those tyre kicking time wasters that infest the usual places.

noggythenog

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - TRX Noggyfighter
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 15 August 2014, 10:30:55 am »
Hey Andy, if you think that £1900 is bad then maybe this will cheer you up.

The old fazer 600's are going for £700 in good working order and you can get really nice ones for £1200......& these are low mileage examples too........ok so they were never as pricey as the thou but i think so long as you can get £1500  for it then sell it............i broke my old 600 as i was only gonna get about £600 for it.......im now on target for making circa £1200 in part-pimping to fellow foccers.....but it is sad to see a good bike retired before its time.

Most 2nd bikes have devalued just as much and if you are indeed buying a newer fazer then you can pick up FZ1's dirt cheap at the moment so you'll gain whatever you lose on the old bike, on the new bike.......

my Fz1 was £3500 with lots of bling....high mileage at 40k......but it will take me another 6 years of riding it before i get it to the same mileage as your bike, so thats £500 a year over my 7 years of ownership....& i could still flog it for a grand or strip it for parts.....factoring that in then it is about £350 a year over those 7 years.......bloody cheap motoring.

So how many years have you had your bike and how much did it cost you, subtract what you can get now and see how much cheap motoring you've had.....might make you feel better about it all.

The added extras were your choice and they rarely add to value, servicing and upkeep is just a given and also shouldn't be factored in......this is all residual brain clouding stuff.

another FZ1went for £2900 with even better spec......& you can get low mileage ones for 4-4.5k so long may cheap motoring continue. 8)
Easiest way to go fast........don't buy a blue bike

Andy-Fazer-thou

• CBT Wobbler
  • My Ride
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - none
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 15 August 2014, 06:38:24 pm »
Thanks for all the great advice
I really do like my Fazer and shes an ace conmuter for work (34miles a day)
i have thought about breaking it for spares but itd be such a shame as otherwise its a good bike
i dont think im ready to bite the bullet with her yet though. I hear what your all saying about price
£1500  :groan wow gutted i thought realistically id get £1700 for her
Ill have to have a serious think now

Thanks Alot again

donkey

• Weekend Warrior
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 15 August 2014, 07:37:20 pm »
andy if you would take £1300 cash i would pick it up tomorow while im in lincoln

noggythenog

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - TRX Noggyfighter
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 15 August 2014, 10:05:26 pm »

Hey Andy

By me saying £1500 im not actually saying thats all its worth mate....i mean who am i to say really.....these old thous are still desirable......but ive seen really nice ones with low miles for 2000-2500 quid...it is just that whoever buys it has got to be prepared to be in the same situation as you are now when they sell it on.....but worse because next time it'll no doubt be closer to 80k miles.

Good luck

Easiest way to go fast........don't buy a blue bike

Fazerider

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 16 August 2014, 12:51:34 am »

I don't quite follow the logic… you seem happy with everything about the bike apart from the odometer reading so you want to get rid of it and get the same model? You'll pay through the nose for the change and then ride the depreciation curve down on that one too. What's the point? Just keep it, enjoy the fact that the depreciation over the next few years will be practically nothing, and have pride in the astronomical number on the odo.
At least, that's the view from someone with an FZS600 with 164,000 on the clock.

Andy-Fazer-thou

• CBT Wobbler
  • My Ride
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - none
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 17 August 2014, 10:09:15 am »
No I dont want another Gen 1 i want a Gen 2

donut

• Cager in Training
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 20 August 2014, 08:41:18 pm »
I was having a similar dilemma with my Gen 1 a couple of months back.
Rides and goes perfectly.  Maxton suspension, Ivanised, Akrapovic, Dyno'd at 137 bhp at the back wheel, but tatty as fook, with 44k on the clock.

I had a good look around at more modern replacements, test rode a few, but nothing sang to me.

So I blew £650 on a paintjob, engine clean & paint, and having the bits spruced up.  I'm now happy as Larry,( but a bit guilty at shamelessly ripping off a colour scheme I found on the net.)
If it ain't broke... hit it harder..

positron

• Weekend Warrior
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 21 August 2014, 01:38:18 pm »
Just to chime in, my 2003 FZS600 has over 75k miles at the moment and it's running pretty well. I put over 15k miles a year, so I know I am not going to much for it, so I will keep it until it gives up the ghost, or as a winter bike even if I buy a younger bike.

PS: Also it's also powered by a part of the noggyfighter. :D

kawasutra

• Weekend Warrior
    • Main bike:
      I don't own a bike
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 22 August 2014, 12:21:31 pm »

So I blew £650 on a paintjob, engine clean & paint, and having the bits spruced up.  I'm now happy as Larry,( but a bit guilty at shamelessly ripping off a colour scheme I found on the net.)

Did you go for this paint job? :-P

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/VMAX-V-MAX-VMX-1200-CUSTOM-YAMAHA-CRUISER-MOTORCYCLE-/141374129490?pt=UK_Motorcycles&hash=item20ea8e0552&nma=true&si=jOYN0vD75qP5FPiKxbEUgc5nSNU%253D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557

nickodemon

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - Aprilia tuono V4
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 22 August 2014, 02:20:27 pm »
 :rollin 8)
If it's broken, it's not fixed.

Arfa

• WSB Pack Hound
    • Main bike:
      FZ6 S2 07-09
    • View Profile
    • Beginner Biker Adventures
« Reply #18 on: 22 August 2014, 03:26:43 pm »
I'm not gonna tell you what I think your bike is worth, but to help give you some perspective, I brought my 2003 FZS600 2 years ago, with 13K on clock, in pristine condition, with nearly a year's tax/mot and good nick tyre and also in blue. Was from a fair weather biker who kept it in a garage at all times, with genuine Yammy double bubble screen, belly pan and hugger. I paid £1800. He even threw in a Oxford saddle/tank bags and £20 to fill tank up...

nickodemon

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - Aprilia tuono V4
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 22 August 2014, 10:06:27 pm »
I am considering selling my standard fazer in excellent condition with f.s.h 27'000 miles, 2 previous owners, stainless can and link pipe, givi screen & fenda extenda for £2200, so that should give you an idea of the value of your bike.
If it's broken, it's not fixed.

Andy-Fazer-thou

• CBT Wobbler
  • My Ride
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - none
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 23 August 2014, 11:39:00 am »
Hmmm
i want 1700 for her no offers under that
its defo worth that kinda money all day long & thats from a Yam main dealer for a private sale
so if any one wants her £1700 is the rock bottom price

thanks all for your advice & wisdom

:)

donut

• Cager in Training
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 23 August 2014, 07:18:35 pm »

Did you go for this paint job? :-P

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/VMAX-V-MAX-VMX-1200-CUSTOM-YAMAHA-CRUISER-MOTORCYCLE-/141374129490?pt=UK_Motorcycles&hash=item20ea8e0552&nma=true&si=jOYN0vD75qP5FPiKxbEUgc5nSNU%253D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557

Link just goes to V Maxes (yum!)

My thumbnail shows the bike.....but very small.  Am trying a jpeg......

But, it's Kenny Roberts Yellow & Black with black/white speedblock between the two colours.

If it ain't broke... hit it harder..

Andy-Fazer-thou

• CBT Wobbler
  • My Ride
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - none
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 07 September 2014, 08:20:58 pm »
Well Now shes defo gotta go
i really thought id get more but
£1500 rides it away just put 1yr MOT so mot till september 2015

hotmetal

• Weekend Warrior
  • Set Fazer to stun
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
Re: My Fazer 1000 up for sale £1500
« Reply #23 on: 08 September 2014, 06:05:47 pm »
It's a shame because these bikes will easily do double that mileage, but there you go. I'm kind of in a similar situation, I'm thinking of chopping mine in for an XJR1300 which will be more Mrs-friendly (and I've had Fazer 1000s for years and fancy a change).

Mine isn't quite as high, 54-plate with about 34k on it. Usual story - just put new tyres, chain and sprox etc. Dealer told me *he* could get £2750 for it as they're still in demand, but I bet private I'd be looking more like 2k. :-/  Like you say, as soon as you go over this mythical 20,000 barrier, people make that noise that plumbers make…
__
There's no replacement for displacement

Andy-Fazer-thou

• CBT Wobbler
  • My Ride
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - none
    • View Profile
Re: My Fazer 1000 up for sale £1500
« Reply #24 on: 08 September 2014, 06:21:26 pm »
k