Date: 18-04-24  Time: 12:15 pm

Author Topic: Remap AND PCV  (Read 865 times)

mackem87

• Cager in Training
    • Main bike:
      I don't own a bike
    • View Profile
Remap AND PCV
« on: 16 December 2019, 10:53:38 pm »
Hi all

I'm new to the fz1 Gen2 2014 and just picked mine up last week and was wondering, is a remap which i'm waiting to have done by my local guy enough to tweak the bike oorrrrrr would it be over kill to also add a power commander V to it?

sorry rather ask before pulling out the cash,
« Last Edit: 16 December 2019, 11:04:22 pm by mackem87 »

Dudeofrude

• GP Hero
  • Rude, Crude and Tattooed
    • Main bike:
      FZ1 Naked Gen2
    • View Profile
Re: Remap AND PCV
« Reply #1 on: 17 December 2019, 07:07:47 am »
Hey, you can't remap the bike without a PCIII/PC5?

Unless you are having an ECU Reflash in which case you wont really need one 👍

mackem87

• Cager in Training
    • Main bike:
      I don't own a bike
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 18 December 2019, 11:09:30 pm »
I mean, is their a benefit to getting the ecu flashed to take otu all the annoying stuff and then adding a pcv to handle the map?

I'm always changing my bike and dont want to keep going to the guy who flashed it to put the different stage maps on

Dudeofrude

• GP Hero
  • Rude, Crude and Tattooed
    • Main bike:
      FZ1 Naked Gen2
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 19 December 2019, 05:49:25 pm »
It depends what you want to gain from it. If you looking at adding more power then it's just an endless worm hole, there will always be little mods and changes to eek out more bhp. If that's what your looking at then your best to do all the physical mods before you got get the map done, otherwise you'll be back at the dyno centre everytime you change something.

If your hoping to smooth out power delivery and maybe gain some bhp then I'd say it's worth the ECU flash. If you have a snatchy throttle then that will be all but eliminated, theres a few other bits that can be done ( like 1st gear delimitation, raise red line etc) but most are things you wouldnt notice

If you do decided to get a flash or a PC5 then I'd make sure you get an aftermarket can, decat the downpipes, gut the airbox and add a higher flowing air filter other wise you'll be missing out on the main performance benefits

In my opinion if your happy with the bike as is, and you say you wont be keeping it overly long then I would just leave it as is. It's a lot of money to spend for very little gain, especially if your just gonna change it in a years time

mackem87

• Cager in Training
    • Main bike:
      I don't own a bike
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 19 December 2019, 09:55:00 pm »
I will have to keep this bike for at least the next 4/5 years

I can live with the bike as is til i get the flash or/and pcv fitted. I have noticed at certain times it does feel slow to react and was going to do the
decat / airbox and filter mods.