Date: 24-04-24  Time: 05:16 am

Author Topic: Have I f***ed it?  (Read 3003 times)

teecee90

• Weekend Warrior
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
Re: Have I f***ed it?
« Reply #25 on: 24 December 2019, 11:07:42 am »
Looking at the shape of the fan blades I assume that the fan runs anti-clockwise when looking at it from the back of the radiator - drawing air towards the engine. Would some kind person please check theirs and let me know if that's correct?
When the fan runs it should suck cold air through the radiator.  You don't want it to blow hot air from around the engine through the radiator. 
I'd just check with a bit of paper.  Wait till the fan runs and it should suck a piece of paper onto the rad - or blow it towards the engine from the back of the fan.

I'd go oot tae the garage and double check for you bud, but I'm a bit sore tonight, my kidney stent is playing up again. Though I'm getting it out tomorrow - happy days :) .

Anyway looks like you've got it sorted.  I figure the bike will be fine - I doubt very much that you've cooked it.

Cheers buddy. It does indeed draw air through the radiator towards the engine and seems to be working fine.... despite the fact that I found a small nylon washer on the garage floor when I was cleaning up afterwards.... :(

Sympathise about the kidney stent mate - I've had that as well. Only had mine in a couple of days before they had to remove it, it was that bad! Pulling it out through the old jap eye was a bit of an experience as well!
« Last Edit: 24 December 2019, 11:08:57 am by teecee90 »
FZS 1000 Gen1 (2003)
Tiger 900 GT Pro (2020)

VNA - BMW Wank

• BMW Wank
  • GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - BMW R1250R Honda C90
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 24 December 2019, 02:45:47 pm »
Cheers buddy. It does indeed draw air through the radiator towards the engine and seems to be working fine.... despite the fact that I found a small nylon washer on the garage floor when I was cleaning up afterwards.... :(

Sympathise about the kidney stent mate - I've had that as well. Only had mine in a couple of days before they had to remove it, it was that bad! Pulling it out through the old jap eye was a bit of an experience as well!

That all sounds good.  Odd about the washer.  Just check anything you’ve removed recently.  But it sounds like your sorted now.  A result!

I had the stones in my left kidney blasted the end of October.  My consultant was pretty confident he wouldn’t have to use a stent – but he ended up having to use one.  So, I had to wait two months to get a day surgery General Anaesthetic slot.  I’ve not been getting on with the darn thing at all – but they popped it out this morning.  On the mend now :)   Just hate going to the loo at the mo :'(

First time they had a look in with the camera they did me under a local – never again.  I don’t care about the embarrassment factor – don’t give a monkey about that, I’ll put up with discomfort, but sticking that camera in was seriously painful – never again. 

teecee90

• Weekend Warrior
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 25 December 2019, 09:30:39 am »
Had the camera job as well, local anaesthetic only. True to say it stung a bit.

My stone couldn’t be blasted, had to have it surgically removed with a drain coming out my back afterwards. Had to have a second operation to repair my kidney as the stone was so big - that’s when they fitted the stent. Was in so much pain I had to call the doctor out and the Doctor actually said that kidney stone pain can be worse than childbirth...! Something about the kidney having more nerves than any other organ for some unknown evolutionary reasons.
FZS 1000 Gen1 (2003)
Tiger 900 GT Pro (2020)

VNA - BMW Wank

• BMW Wank
  • GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - BMW R1250R Honda C90
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 25 December 2019, 12:19:40 pm »

My stone couldn’t be blasted, had to have it surgically removed with a drain coming out my back afterwards. Had to have a second operation to repair my kidney as the stone was so big - that’s when they fitted the stent. Was in so much pain I had to call the doctor out and the Doctor actually said that kidney stone pain can be worse than childbirth...! Something about the kidney having more nerves than any other organ for some unknown evolutionary reasons.

Jesus!  That’s pretty serious.  Hope they give you an annual check so you don’t grow another big one! 

Yeah one of the female nurses when I was kept in after my inital operation, confirmed that trying to pass a kidney stone can be up there with child birth.  She should know having done both. 

I feel a bit rough today after the GA.  But my kidney already feels better now the stent is out, it’s stopped bleeding although I still get a wee bit of a sting when I go to the loo.  Buy yeah, I hope by tomorrow I’m back to normal.  Happy days!

Just need the spring roll roond tae get back oot on the bike!

Merry Christmas.