Date: 19-04-24  Time: 20:09 pm

Author Topic: I know my thoughts......what's yours?  (Read 7631 times)

Fazer99

• Club Racer
  • Private sign do not read
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - VFR800FI
    • View Profile
Re: I know my thoughts......what's yours?
« Reply #25 on: 27 October 2016, 10:26:07 am »
After watching the video a few more times you can clearly see the bike deliberately hits the car, as he had more than enough room and time to slow down and/or swerve to the left to avoid a crash, but no he slows down and maintained a straight line.

Could be a simple case of experience versus stupidity/naivety.

Could just as easily have been target fixation I guess

Possibaly, but my gut feeling is he saw an oppertunity for a payout and risked it. The lack of anger from the biker confuses the hell out of me as I would be going mental if I got knocked off my bike, which to me is another factor to my thoughts that the crash was a crazy attempt at getting a payout, either that or the biker is just a complete bellend :lol
RIP my beautiful red beast 1999 to 2017 😭🏍😭

Dudeofrude

• GP Hero
  • Rude, Crude and Tattooed
    • Main bike:
      FZ1 Naked Gen2
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 27 October 2016, 11:36:50 pm »
or the biker is just a complete bellend :lol
[/quote]

We'll he is an Australian pizza delivery boy.... 😜😜

Graham53

• WSB Pack Hound
    • Main bike:
      FZ1 Faired Gen2
    • - FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 28 October 2016, 12:08:57 am »
could it be that our Australian cousins are just very polite and friendly people :lol
Or that he realised that he's a complete twat, the sort of nob that gives bikers a bad name worldwide and should have avoided the shunt as he could have done before the Aussie compo dollars ker chinged in his eyes ....And now he feels a little bit stupid and guilty.

joebloggs

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • - ZX9RE1
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 28 October 2016, 07:08:27 am »
Motorcyclists all over the world should unite (think of it as a bikers amnesty international) and petition the court to return that woman her money and get him banned from ever riding anything faster than a Puch Maxi (with stabalizers)
Complete fabrication, I didn't make it up!

Fazer99

• Club Racer
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - VFR800FI
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: 28 October 2016, 07:24:07 am »
get him banned from ever riding anything faster than a Puch Maxi (with stabalizers)

:rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin LOVE IT  :rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin

tommyardin

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      I don't own a bike
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: 28 October 2016, 09:56:55 am »
After watching the video a few more times you can clearly see the bike deliberately hits the car, as he had more than enough room and time to slow down and/or swerve to the left to avoid a crash, but no he slows down and maintained a straight line.

Could be a simple case of experience versus stupidity/naivety.

Could just as easily have been target fixation I guess

Agrees with Dead Eye.
Bike is accelerating to hard given the situation, sees his exit is being shut off from both sides, red car from left black on from right, panics, locks onto bars, shoulders freeze up and continues in a straight line, As Dead Eye said 'Target Fixation' had he not locked himself up there was both time and room to have slowed some and passed to the rear and right hand side of the black car.

One thing I would say though is that the footage from the dash or Go-Pro type cams can be very deceiving as the are often about 140 degree wide angle that makes things look further away, so the distances involved may not be as great as they at first seem. The upshot is if that was the case with shorter distances than they appear it makes the bikers case worse, the prick was still accelerating to fast.

tommyardin

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      I don't own a bike
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: 28 October 2016, 10:27:34 am »
Who accelerates in this scenario?  :eek

Looking at Brett's freeze frame capture there was plenty of time to avoid that impact, the black car involved is already making their move, which I personally think is ligitimate, the red car is well out from the junction, what the F was the matter with the biker as he is still accelerating?
The distances show in Bretty's capture is about 5 vehicle lengths between the front of the bike and the rear of the black vehicle involved that is already at an angle beginning to cross lanes, well into making the manoeuvre.

Not sure what the rules governing filtering is in Australia but here in U.K they are quite strict.
it is something like when filtering you should not be going more than 10 mph faster than the traffic you are filtering through and if you filter through traffic that is doing more than 20mph it is an illeagle undertaking manoeuvre.
I Would need to check that out but it is something like that, so most bikers who filter are actually breaking the law.
If the above figures are correct you should never be doing more than 30mph when filtering, it poss that I have not got the exact figures though.

I have been on the M25 doing 30mph (yes sometimes you really can) in my car and had bikers filtering past that have scared the crap out of me, did not either see them in all their black gear on their dark bikes with not a light showing and doing far in access of 40 mph,
« Last Edit: 28 October 2016, 10:37:12 am by tommyardin »

darrsi

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: 28 October 2016, 12:11:44 pm »

Looking at Brett's freeze frame capture there was plenty of time to avoid that impact, the black car involved is already making their move, which I personally think is ligitimate, the red car is well out from the junction, what the F was the matter with the biker as he is still accelerating?
The distances show in Bretty's capture is about 5 vehicle lengths between the front of the bike and the rear of the black vehicle involved that is already at an angle beginning to cross lanes, well into making the manoeuvre.

Not sure what the rules governing filtering is in Australia but here in U.K they are quite strict.
it is something like when filtering you should not be going more than 10 mph faster than the traffic you are filtering through and if you filter through traffic that is doing more than 20mph it is an illeagle undertaking manoeuvre.
I Would need to check that out but it is something like that, so most bikers who filter are actually breaking the law.
If the above figures are correct you should never be doing more than 30mph when filtering, it poss that I have not got the exact figures though.

I have been on the M25 doing 30mph (yes sometimes you really can) in my car and had bikers filtering past that have scared the crap out of me, did not either see them in all their black gear on their dark bikes with not a light showing and doing far in access of 40 mph,

Not like this then?

Watch from about 4mins
More people are born because of alcohol than will ever die from it.

Dudeofrude

• GP Hero
  • Rude, Crude and Tattooed
    • Main bike:
      FZ1 Naked Gen2
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: 28 October 2016, 01:38:30 pm »

Not like this then?

Watch from about 4mins
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XihQeZpwqpE

Dangerous...yes BUT when you get that text from the other half telling you it's sex time, what else are you meant to do?

Fazer99

• Club Racer
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - VFR800FI
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: 28 October 2016, 02:18:09 pm »
Dangerous...yes BUT when you get that text from the other half telling you it's sex time, what else are you meant to do?

:rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin

tommyardin

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      I don't own a bike
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: 28 October 2016, 02:46:05 pm »

Not like this then?

Watch from about 4mins

I'm just 70 Dudeofrude, so do not get texts like that, and, even if I did I would fill the bike up with unleaded and and keep going the opposite way.
I would sooner have an extra spud on me plate lol!
« Last Edit: 28 October 2016, 03:06:02 pm by tommyardin »

Graham53

• WSB Pack Hound
    • Main bike:
      FZ1 Faired Gen2
    • - FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: 28 October 2016, 10:07:28 pm »
And that's how they deliver pizzas in Russia , watch and learn aussies

darrsi

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: 28 October 2016, 10:15:33 pm »
And that's how they deliver pizzas in Russia , watch and learn aussies

The method is don't give the car the chance to brake......go past it first.  :lol

Frosties

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • - Tiger 900, CBF 1000,Bandit 650
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: 28 October 2016, 10:18:39 pm »

Not like this then?

Watch from about 4mins

I'm just 70 Dudeofrude, so do not get texts like that, and, even if I did I would fill the bike up with unleaded and and keep going the opposite way.
I would sooner have an extra spud on me plate lol!

:lol :lol :lol :lol :lol
Those are my principles...if you don't like them I have others.

Bretty

• WSB Pack Hound
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • View Profile
-suck-squeeze-bang-blow-

Graham53

• WSB Pack Hound
    • Main bike:
      FZ1 Faired Gen2
    • - FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: 29 October 2016, 02:17:15 am »
Either that shunt ripped the dudes trooosers off or unbelievably he was riding through traffic at those speeds in shorts  :eek , a good lesson on how to turn your body into a raw beef burger  🍔 "Would you like fries and a drink with your legs sir "

Ferg

• CBT Wobbler
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • - XJR1300
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: 29 October 2016, 06:12:16 am »

Personally I blame YouTube!! Watch some "biker channels" and these guys with cameras are out looking for footage. They are engineering situations for footage. They will put themselves in situations where any normal rider would just assess the situation and back off. I think he got distracted by the red car pulling out and saw an opportunity to add another clip to his collection. He was probably thinking "I'll get along side this guy (in the red car) and rev my engine / slap his wing mirror / stair him out and shout abuse " Got distracted and missed the black car changing lanes until it was too late.

I do think both the red car and black car were both at fault but equally with the rider.

darrsi

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: 29 October 2016, 08:36:21 am »
Here's how it's done...
https://rumble.com/v325rw-lane-splitting-motorcyclist-wrecks-into-the-back-of-a-pickup-truck.html?mref=7jwq&mc=bpxp1

It's just cringeworthy to watch.
At those sort of speeds you need to take a wide berth of everything, not suddenly "creep up" on unsuspecting people. It's why i've always been a fan of the louder exhaust, i want you to hear me approaching, the noise is for a reason.
To be honest if you slowed that video down it's not much different to the one i showed to begin with, and in my opinion is blatantly still the bikers fault.

Grahamm

• Global Moderator
  • GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZ6 04-06
    • View Profile
    • Affordable Leather Products
« Reply #43 on: 29 October 2016, 01:10:32 pm »

I've not heard of any laws stating that.

The only thing in the Highway Code is Paragraph 88 which says:

Rule 88

Manoeuvring. You should be aware of what is behind and to the sides before manoeuvring. Look behind you; use mirrors if they are fitted. When in traffic queues look out for pedestrians crossing between vehicles and vehicles emerging from junctions or changing lanes. Position yourself so that drivers in front can see you in their mirrors. Additionally, when filtering in slow-moving traffic, take care and keep your speed low.

Yes, 20 Delta 15 (don't fillter if traffic is going at more than 20mph and don't go more than 15mph faster than the traffic speed) is recommended, but AIUI unless you're aggressively chopping between lanes and blatantly undertaking, you're not likely to get done for Careless Driving.

Oldgit

• foccerwithoutaspacebar
  • GP Hero
  • Old Age & Treachery will Overcome Youth & Skill
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - BMW R1200RS Sport SE
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: 03 November 2016, 03:07:41 pm »
bit of a blank at present.