Date: 24-04-24  Time: 19:18 pm

Author Topic: Gear Indicator Setup  (Read 958 times)

Middy2000

• Weekend Warrior
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • - Sinnis Apache 125
    • View Profile
Gear Indicator Setup
« on: 21 February 2020, 02:36:48 pm »
So after about 6 months of getting around to it I've finally installed my gear change indicator.

Struggled with the wiring as the Chinese instructions are naff and talk of wiring colours was misleading. However I'm confident it's right as it initialises.

To set it up you have to ride and change into each gear. However my insurance doesn't start until next week so I can't do that and thought I'd do it in the garage on the centre stand.

It doesn't however work. Just sits trying to learn first gear.

Question is, would this be because the bike isn't detecting any speed? Must admit every video and instruction I've seen all do it on the road.

agricola

• GP Hero
  • Man on a mission
    • Main bike:
      FZ6 S2 07-09
    • View Profile
Re: Gear Indicator Setup
« Reply #1 on: 21 February 2020, 04:58:08 pm »
Depends on where the bike gets the speed signal from. If its the front wheel, then the centre stand setup is not going to work. What make is the indicator?

Middy2000

• Weekend Warrior
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • - Sinnis Apache 125
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 21 February 2020, 05:36:47 pm »
It's a Chinese special but effectively a copy of a Healtech Gi-Pro.

It's connected to the yellow wire of the blue and yellow wires in the clear connector behind the seat lock mechanism.

I tested it without being connected and it didn't initialize so I think I've got it connected correctly.

I think speed comes from the front wheel on the fzs

agricola

• GP Hero
  • Man on a mission
    • Main bike:
      FZ6 S2 07-09
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 22 February 2020, 11:22:08 am »
It's a Chinese special but effectively a copy of a Healtech Gi-Pro.

It's connected to the yellow wire of the blue and yellow wires in the clear connector behind the seat lock mechanism.

I tested it without being connected and it didn't initialize so I think I've got it connected correctly.

I think speed comes from the front wheel on the fzs

A word of warning from the Healtech web site. BBeware![/size]A few of our 1st generation GIpro X-type units are offered by some Chinese companies. They use various branding and logos, including HealTech, Honda, Kawasaki, etc. The product looks similar but it has an old firmware, the quality of the components and assembly is poor, the function/performance is lacking, the reliability is weak and warranty is not backed up. Due to poor design and assembly it may damage your bike's ECU. Always be sure to purchase an original GIpro X-type unit from an authorized HealTech distributor or dealer. If you have any doubts, please contact the distributor in your country. Only we (HealTech) make gear indicators with touch control + light sensor and the with latest signal processing tech. None of the clones offer these features thanks to the unique security authentication chips we use in the G2 series.[/size]eware!
A few of our 1st generation GIpro X-type units are offered by some Chinese companies. They use various branding and logos, including HealTech, Honda, Kawasaki, etc. The product looks similar but it has an old firmware, the quality of the components and assembly is poor, the function/performance is lacking, the reliability is weak and warranty is not backed up. Due to poor design and assembly it may damage your bike's ECU. Always be sure to purchase an original GIpro X-type unit from an authorized HealTech distributor or dealer. If you have any doubts, please contact the distributor in your country. Only we (HealTech) make gear indicators with touch control + light sensor and the with latest signal processing tech. None of the clones offer these features thanks to the unique security authentication chips we use in the G2 series.
[/font][/font]
« Last Edit: 22 February 2020, 11:25:00 am by agricola »

agricola

• GP Hero
  • Man on a mission
    • Main bike:
      FZ6 S2 07-09
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 22 February 2020, 11:25:45 am »

Middy2000

• Weekend Warrior
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • - Sinnis Apache 125
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 22 February 2020, 12:53:33 pm »
I've got that install guide. My wiring isn't the same colours as that.
I found an online video where it says yellow wire. I have a yellow wire and it's in an identical two pin clear plug. When plugged in its initializing. I reckon it's the right one.

As for the warning I'm not surprised healtech put that. They're bound to in order to discourage people from buying alternatives.
I buy lots of Chinese goods and so far I've not died or suffered catastrophic loss from any of them.

Mind you I'm currently in quarantine with a raging fever and breathing difficulties.  :eek

Middy2000

• Weekend Warrior
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • - Sinnis Apache 125
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 03 March 2020, 01:09:56 pm »
Finally tested it today. Bit of a pain setting it up on a straight empty road but once done it works pretty well. It's not super accurate but at least it's telling me when I'm in 6th which is all I wanted.

For 30 quid and half hours effort I'm happy.