Date: 19-04-24  Time: 06:21 am

Author Topic: accident claim?  (Read 2434 times)

johnakay

• Club Racer
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - tracer 700
    • View Profile
accident claim?
« on: 22 November 2016, 12:17:18 pm »
just had a phone call this morning from my old insurance that a old bloke is making an injury claim?
had an accident last year on my bike as mention before on here,jag
he pulled out as I was moving onto the roundabout and he stopped suddenly in my path so I just clipped his bumper.
we settled it without making any claim or no exchanged of details etc.
now the old git is making a claim for injuries what I dont know.
how the hell he got injured if I just clip his rear bumper?
I told them (old insurance) we just clip his bumper and he was perfectly alright 3 weeks later when wee went to pay him.
if we had hit him hard dont you think we would of made a claim? also we never came off  we just stopped and waited for him.
5 f'in months later I get this?? bastid.
« Last Edit: 22 November 2016, 12:27:06 pm by johnakay »
If I wanted to make a life-long career out of
working with the mentally retarded I would
have opened a Harley Davidson Dealership!

BBROWN1664

• Administrator
  • GP Hero
  • Should get out more!
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • - Tracer 900
    • View Profile
    • My website
Re: accident claim?
« Reply #1 on: 22 November 2016, 01:46:55 pm »
Christmas is coming. Someone needs to pay for the presents.
Another ex-Fazer rider that is a foccer again

scoobiemandan

• Weekend Warrior
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 22 November 2016, 01:48:32 pm »
No doubt he's been contacted by some of these feckin' ambulance chasing companies and decided he'd go for it  :rolleyes

darrsi

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 22 November 2016, 01:55:37 pm »
Exactly, one of those wankers that phone you up telling you that you just had an accident, and they got lucky with him.
Dunno how these people sleep at night.
More people are born because of alcohol than will ever die from it.

johnakay

• Club Racer
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - tracer 700
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 22 November 2016, 05:07:41 pm »
the insurance are dismissing his claim.[/size]I did not go directly into the back of him which he claimed.he was driving to my right at the roundabout and I was going straight ahead and just clipped his plastic bumper and left a little scuff mark.I also said to them that if I had hit it hard enough to cause injury dont you think that we'd come off worse seeing that we were on a motorbike?I also to the insurance I do hope that your going to do him for fraud.. you mention that to him and he'll shit himself. they laughed.anyway the reason I put this post up is to let any of you know ..even though you settled without going through insurance get as many details off him or her.are hurt? if they say no get it in writing and if they refuse get the police involve.
If I wanted to make a life-long career out of
working with the mentally retarded I would
have opened a Harley Davidson Dealership!

Graham53

• WSB Pack Hound
    • Main bike:
      FZ1 Faired Gen2
    • - FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 22 November 2016, 05:18:50 pm »
There used to be a program on BBC in mornings called claimed and shamed , many examples of greedy fucks getting cold called by ambo chasers and making a very late claim for injury , in all cases it never goes well for them , investigation for fraud by ifed and or Ambo chasers suing them for legal costs as claim fraudulent so with in luck he'll get the same

mickvp

• Global Moderator
  • GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 22 November 2016, 05:33:32 pm »
the insurance are dismissing his claim.I did not go directly into the back of him which he claimed.he was driving to my right at the roundabout and I was going straight ahead and just clipped his plastic bumper and left a little scuff mark.I also said to them that if I had hit it hard enough to cause injury dont you think that we'd come off worse seeing that we were on a motorbike?I also to the insurance I do hope that your going to do him for fraud.. you mention that to him and he'll shit himself. they laughed.anyway the reason I put this post up is to let any of you know ..even though you settled without going through insurance get as many details off him or her.are hurt? if they say no get it in writing and if they refuse get the police involve.

i had a wee bump in my car at the start of the year. did the same as you and just decided to sort it without getting insurance involved. The woman i hit had a quote to get her car repaired for £150 and I think the excess on my car policy was £75. A no brainer really when you consider the bump in premiums that would result in a claim.

Anway. when I went up to pay her I made her sign a statement that the money I had paid settled her claim in full. Whether it would stand up in court is another matter if it came to that, but it made me feel better doing it that way and the woman didnt seem to mind signing it either.

taylor

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 22 November 2016, 06:55:28 pm »
he must think you are santa, ;)
sent from my carafan in tenby, ;)

fazersharp

• GP Hero
  • 10 stone Racing Snake
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 22 November 2016, 07:12:06 pm »
I got one of those calls only this morning  from Punjab Pete asking if I had had an accident, looks like that is what has happened here and the chap has said "as it happens yes" so they then take it from there saying they don't have to do anything and just sit back a wait for the money.
The chap maybe even tried to tell them he wasn't injured but once they have there hooks in. It will all backfire on the bloke because from now on his number will be passed arround and he will be plagued by calls.

I jus kept saying "hello" until he hung up, but next time I am going to let rip, any ideas on insults ?       
I don't do rain or threat there of. dry rider only with no shame.

taylor

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 22 November 2016, 07:33:52 pm »
tell them in the crash your head was ripped of and had to be sewn back on. :D
sent from my carafan in tenby, ;)

robby boy

• WSB Pack Hound
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - Triumph Sprint ST 1050
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 22 November 2016, 08:16:00 pm »
tell them in the crash your head was ripped of and had to be sewn back on. :D

Thats the one I usually use or I ask for which accident in which vehicle as I have had 3 the first is the one above the 2nd one I lost a leg in a minor car park bump and then in the 3rd I died, for some reason they usually hang up after that I can't think why.

If you worried about falling off your bike, you'd never get on.

Skippernick

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 23 November 2016, 07:07:09 am »
I got one of those calls only this morning  from Punjab Pete asking if I had had an accident, looks like that is what has happened here and the chap has said "as it happens yes" so they then take it from there saying they don't have to do anything and just sit back a wait for the money.
The chap maybe even tried to tell them he wasn't injured but once they have there hooks in. It will all backfire on the bloke because from now on his number will be passed arround and he will be plagued by calls.

I jus kept saying "hello" until he hung up, but next time I am going to let rip, any ideas on insults ?     

I like the one where you pretend to be a cop investigating the very recent murder of the owner of the phone,  and that you would like to know why they are calling the deceased and would like there details so that you can come round to take a statement.
Red Heads - Slowly taking over the world!!!

Frosties

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • - Tiger 900, CBF 1000,Bandit 650
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 23 November 2016, 10:04:04 pm »
I've taken to answering with a strong, short but firm Russian mafia accent starting with "Hallo" followed by "Mr **** is no longer with us" then say nothing. A long silence or "I'm sorry" followed by a hang up from them is the norm  :lol :lol
Those are my principles...if you don't like them I have others.

scoobiemandan

• Weekend Warrior
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 24 November 2016, 04:30:57 pm »
If ever I get cold calls of any kind I use a soundboard, the following is my favourite;

http://www.realmofdarkness.net/pc/sb/borat/2

Try it, just answer with whatever clip suits the question.  I [Borat] actually had a 20 minute conversation with a guy predominantly made up of yes and no answers but he hung up after the third or fourth time of me asking when we have Sexy Intercourse  :rollin