Date: 20-04-24  Time: 01:21 am

Author Topic: What do you wear when riding  (Read 5100 times)

Rabbit22

• CBT Wobbler
    • Main bike:
      FZ6 04-06
    • View Profile
What do you wear when riding
« on: 10 September 2016, 02:19:50 pm »
Hi all
As title says, I'm interested in knowing what you guy's wear when riding? As i have come from riding a gsxr750 to now riding a fz6 i ride in 2 piece leathers matching boots gloves and lid.  But am thinking about going down the retro look with open face lid, As Think full leathers don't look right on this bike.

Bretty

• WSB Pack Hound
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • View Profile
Re: What do you wear when riding
« Reply #1 on: 10 September 2016, 02:42:56 pm »
I wear my textiles 95% of the time. 'waterproof', warm and with vents as needed.

I wouldn't wear an open face helmet, but then I'm a good looking foc-er that doesn't like the idea of sliding along the road on my face or eating the side of a car.
-suck-squeeze-bang-blow-

tommyardin

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      I don't own a bike
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 10 September 2016, 02:48:37 pm »
I wear my textiles 95% of the time. 'waterproof', warm and with vents as needed.

I wouldn't wear an open face helmet, but then I'm a good looking foc-er that doesn't like the idea of sliding along the road on my face or eating the side of a car.

And sooooooooo modest

slappy

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - MT09
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 10 September 2016, 04:53:39 pm »
Have not worn an open face helmet sincd 1974, a old mate  slid down the road that year wearing his open face and ending up having to have plastic surgery to rebuild his lower lip and half his jaw, a couple of days later I bought a Kangol full face and have worn a full face since then.
Wear two piece leathers most of the time with decent boots and gloves, sometimes if it is really warm then kevlar jeans. In winter just swap leather jacket for a waterproof and warmer textile jacket.

Skippernick

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 10 September 2016, 09:04:39 pm »
Two piece leathers are the first choice, textiles if its raining, or leather jacket and kevlar jeans if its hot and a local ride.

I think you ride best in whatever you feel comfortable in.

BUT if you think some snotty GSXr needs leather and the FZ6 doesn't then you aint riding her hard enough  :pokefun
Red Heads - Slowly taking over the world!!!

tommyardin

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      I don't own a bike
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 11 September 2016, 12:38:31 am »
Ride naked with the full helmet on show Woo Woo :rollin :rolleyes

TOADY

• Weekend Warrior
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 11 September 2016, 05:37:20 am »
Textiles for me and a full face helmet. Piss pot helmets are for cafe racer riding retro nerds. Plus you'll  be sick of pulling dead flies out of your teeth or hipster beard.stay safe and wear a full face
my momma always says, stupid is as stupid does.
that's all i gotta say about that

fazersharp

• GP Hero
  • 10 stone Racing Snake
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 11 September 2016, 09:57:10 am »
Textiles for me and a full face helmet. Piss pot helmets are for cafe racer riding retro nerds. Plus you'll  be sick of pulling dead flies out of your teeth or hipster beard.stay safe and wear a full face
I dont see why you think you should wear any less on a 600.
For me its. Full face - two piece leathers sidi boots alpinestars gloves, in winter just add some extra thin thermal layers under my jacket and change to winter gloves.   
I don't do rain or threat there of. dry rider only with no shame.

Oldgit

• foccerwithoutaspacebar
  • GP Hero
  • Old Age & Treachery will Overcome Youth & Skill
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - BMW R1200RS Sport SE
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 11 September 2016, 12:31:37 pm »
bollock naked.

VNA - BMW Wank

• BMW Wank
  • GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - BMW R1250R Honda C90
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 11 September 2016, 02:24:46 pm »
If dressing up is more your thing then get a Harley and an outlaw costume.  All the rage these's days.

slappy

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - MT09
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 11 September 2016, 04:57:54 pm »
Ride naked with the full helmet on show Woo Woo :rollin :rolleyes
:rollin
Tommy, you definitely need some kind of therapy!

celticdog

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 11 September 2016, 07:52:17 pm »
Interesting topic :)  the law says you 'must' wear a helmet, for me full face all the way. I always wear gloves and boots too whatever the weather. It's weather specific for me whether I wear the leather or textile jacket. I'm afraid I'm guilty of wearing regular jeans on odd occasions, my bad. All the gear all the time.
« Last Edit: 11 September 2016, 07:52:56 pm by celticdog »
Treat everything in life the way a dog would- if you can't eat it or foc it, forget it.

Frosties

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • - Tiger 900, CBF 1000,Bandit 650
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 11 September 2016, 08:27:17 pm »
Hi all
As title says, I'm interested in knowing what you guy's wear when riding? As i have come from riding a gsxr750 to now riding a fz6 i ride in 2 piece leathers matching boots gloves and lid.  But am thinking about going down the retro look with open face lid, As Think full leathers don't look right on this bike.

Open face on any bike = no skin, teeth, nose, jaw bone and feck all protection. I've seen guys in 2 - piece leathers/textiles, adventure boots, Shoei/Arai and good branded gloves riding scooters and those tricycles. Every time I don't think "you look a right tw@" but "well done for not giving a feck about what people think and looking after yourself should you come off".

Think you need the right look then go buy a Harley  :wall
Those are my principles...if you don't like them I have others.

JOE

• CBT Wobbler
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 12 September 2016, 09:59:05 am »
jeans or combats, leather or bomber jacket, usually full face helmet, but have an open face too but wearing glasses it means anything above 60 is uncomfortable due to wind rush in my eyes.

Fazer99

• Club Racer
  • Private sign do not read
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - VFR800FI
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 12 September 2016, 11:41:11 am »
Richa 2 piece Leathers 99% of the time (only wear the Richa textile jacket when it's heavy rain), HJC Flip front helmet (Full face protection and excellent for when going into that one petrol station that will insist you take your helmet off, as because they can see your face they tend not to ask for helmet removal), TCX boots and IXON gloves.
RIP my beautiful red beast 1999 to 2017 😭🏍😭

BBROWN1664

• Administrator
  • GP Hero
  • Should get out more!
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • - Tracer 900
    • View Profile
    • My website
« Reply #15 on: 12 September 2016, 01:50:38 pm »
Jeans if I am just going round town at 30-40 mph (Cyclists wear less and go faster) but do feel vulnerable and textile trousers the rest of the time.
On the very rare occasion, trainers with the laces tucked in if only nipping to the shops but otherwise, proper bike boots even when wearing jeans.
Always wear a textile jacket and leather gloves.

Like some of the above, I gave up wearing a pisspot helmet when I turned 16 and started riding on tarmac. Ever sicne it has been a full face helmet though I will admit, on some occasions (again around town) I have been known to ride around in hot weather with the flip front open.

TBH, people that wear the full power ranger kit with matching helmet/gloves/boots look like muppets whether they are on a scooter or a superbike :pokefun
Another ex-Fazer rider that is a foccer again

Fazer99

• Club Racer
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - VFR800FI
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 12 September 2016, 02:17:44 pm »
TBH, people that wear the full power ranger kit with matching helmet/gloves/boots look like muppets whether they are on a scooter or a superbike :pokefun

Rabbit22

• CBT Wobbler
    • Main bike:
      FZ6 04-06
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 12 September 2016, 06:18:04 pm »
Think I will be sticking to two piece leathers and try riding harder lol,  might even be able to touch a knee slider down

Dead Eye

• GP Hero
  • What doesn't kill me, will only make me stronger.
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - FZS600 00-01
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 12 September 2016, 09:02:47 pm »
I have a full-face helmet, my textile jacket, kevlar jeans and decent boots - though I am also guilty of riding with regular jeans as I only have one pair of kevlar that actually fit at the moment :( I also have a leather jacket, but that also doesn't fit...

celticdog

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 12 September 2016, 11:25:02 pm »
I have a full-face helmet, my textile jacket, kevlar jeans and decent boots - though I am also guilty of riding with regular jeans as I only have one pair of kevlar that actually fit at the moment :( I also have a leather jacket, but that also doesn't fit...

:lol  Dieting is not a piece of cake Dead eye, I'm trying to loose a bit of weight myself but it doesn't help that the wife's a light eater, as soon as it's light she starts to eat. I told her straight- your fat and you need to go on a diet, no point sugar in coating it because you'll only eat that too.

Treat everything in life the way a dog would- if you can't eat it or foc it, forget it.

Nomad Lad

• Cager in Training
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • - Tiger 800
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 13 September 2016, 09:12:59 am »
I wear textiles, or textile jacket with kevlar jeans if its gonna definitely be dry.

I have two full face helmets and wouldn't wear an open face but I would consider a modular one to open when in traffic.

I always wear full gear, bike boots and gloves etc, cos I know the one day I dont will be the day some cager takes me out.

misterjayb1

• Weekend Warrior
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 13 September 2016, 11:40:40 am »
Never had an issue with what other folk wear, whatever it may be.. Just not those POLITE hi viz vests please  :D .. Full textile, full face lid (black visor essential), decent boots, decent gloves and jeans for the more local trips for me..
Better to have it and not need it than to need it and not have it...

Fazer99

• Club Racer
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - VFR800FI
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 13 September 2016, 12:02:50 pm »
Just not those POLITE hi viz vests please  :D

A mate of mine sent me this and he happens to be a copper

Exupnut

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 13 September 2016, 02:26:57 pm »
Brilliant post
Just flapping about on this stagnant little pond on the outer rim of the internet.....yup....  :-))

VNA - BMW Wank

• BMW Wank
  • GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - BMW R1250R Honda C90
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 13 September 2016, 06:19:29 pm »
If I'm popping down the town and it's warm shorts and a t-shirt is fine.  It pisses me off I've got to put a helmet on.

I don't go any faster than I would if I was on my push bike and I don't have to wear a helmet when on my push bike.

So why should I have to wear a helmet on my motorcycle.