Date: 26-04-24  Time: 14:16 pm

Author Topic: Petrol from carbs  (Read 556 times)

Rubberside down

• Cager in Training
    • Main bike:
      I don't own a bike
    • View Profile
Petrol from carbs
« on: 14 June 2020, 08:57:19 pm »
Hi folks,  Earlier i had the carbs overhauled and havent done many kms afterwards.  When i have the bike running there seems to be petrol coming from carb 3 and 4 underneath the carb and i think from between those 2 carbs. I turn the fuel tap off when parked up as a strong smell of petrol is there. I checked the hoses under the tank and straightned one of them as a breather hose had kink but still leaks.  I did change to the original handle bars but had to put the other one back on , in doing so i was careful not to stretch the cables.  The manual says i can use 91 unleaded fuel, previously 96 was used in it , would using 91 affect it at all?   I have serviced my bikes myself to keep costs down and i love it,  apart from carbs and engine as not quite confident enough or have enough time to tinker. any help would be great.

Disorderlypunk

• WSB Pack Hound
  • riding till i die (or breakdown)
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - fazer stolen - gsx1100 rebuild
    • View Profile
    • disorderly punks motovlog
Re: Petrol from carbs
« Reply #1 on: 14 June 2020, 09:25:54 pm »
sounds like an o-ring between the carb on the metal joiner has either got pinched or perished, if you replaced these then make sure you use a nitrile NBR o-ring as they are less likely to have a reaction

a handy chemical resistance chart i have in my favorites is
https://mscrm-dupont.secure.force.com/CRG_TlargiGuide