Date: 28-03-24  Time: 12:13 pm

Author Topic: insurance  (Read 7928 times)

CRH

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • View Profile
Re: insurance
« Reply #25 on: 13 October 2013, 12:34:01 pm »
popped into "motorcycles unlimited" yesterday,on the a40 close to the hoover building......heaven for you old foccers  :lol  they had one of everything....all the kh`s ,cb`s,z`s   a few strokers even a mb50 ....if your in the area well worth popping in  :lol
.....ok? you win!! ;) ....ile come pick you up in mpv so you can take your wheelchair!!..tell mrs red to do us some sarnies :D ....bet she,l be pleased to get you from under her feet so she can hoover up and clean where you dribbled!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
« Last Edit: 13 October 2013, 12:36:56 pm by CRH »

solorider

• WSB Pack Hound
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 13 October 2013, 12:38:49 pm »
I'll still be in my 40s at next renewal BUT the year after I'll be a saga candidate....... :'(
Me too, at the moment I pay £116 fully comp for my fazer thou, there was cheaper but they worked out more expensive by the time you added the extras, I have insurance with Bennett's.

Hedgetrimmer

• GP Hero
  • FOC-U official topiary expert
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 13 October 2013, 12:44:54 pm »
fkn hell nick!! :eek ....thats just like mine looked?...what was the reg?...crazey bike though matey wasnt they?...fkn thing wouldnt go round corners though?...and fk me the fuel consumption was realy baddddddd?....loved the bstd though?...nothing would come close in a straight line!!!!!!!!!!......memories :z :z :z :z :z :z :z

Ok, someone's gonna die! Someone's gonna foccin DIE!! Who's nicked all me bike photos?!!  :2guns
Can't find me snaps at the mo, but think it was on a P plate. It sat in Powerhouse (Kwak dealer) in Enfield for ages - was there before I passed my test and I used to go and drool over it. I didn't keep it for long as I was actually scared to ride it most of the time! Full Denco porting spec, 34mm Mikunis, Denco spannies.... and to control all this? Marzocchi Stradas on the back and, erm, that was it! It literally shredded a rear Pirelli Phantom in a couple of  hundred miles  :eek

Hedgetrimmer

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 13 October 2013, 12:47:17 pm »
popped into "motorcycles unlimited" yesterday,on the a40 close to the hoover building......heaven for you old foccers  :lol  they had one of everything....all the kh`s ,cb`s,z`s   a few strokers even a mb50 ....if your in the area well worth popping in  :lol
.....ok? you win!! ;) ....ile come pick you up in mpv so you can take your wheelchair!!..tell mrs red to do us some sarnies :D ....bet she,l be pleased to get you from under her feet so she can hoover up and clean where you dribbled!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm up for this! Good idea Paul, when're we going?  :b

CRH

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: 13 October 2013, 12:57:41 pm »
fkn hell nick!! :eek ....thats just like mine looked?...what was the reg?...crazey bike though matey wasnt they?...fkn thing wouldnt go round corners though?...and fk me the fuel consumption was realy baddddddd?....loved the bstd though?...nothing would come close in a straight line!!!!!!!!!!......memories :z :z :z :z :z :z :z

Ok, someone's gonna die! Someone's gonna foccin DIE!! Who's nicked all me bike photos?!!  :2guns
Can't find me snaps at the mo, but think it was on a P plate. It sat in Powerhouse (Kwak dealer) in Enfield for ages - was there before I passed my test and I used to go and drool over it. I didn't keep it for long as I was actually scared to ride it most of the time! Full Denco porting spec, 34mm Mikunis, Denco spannies.... and to control all this? Marzocchi Stradas on the back and, erm, that was it! It literally shredded a rear Pirelli Phantom in a couple of  hundred miles  :eek
...i used to use only dunlops on my bikes in the day?..and this thing come with contis on it?...scarey or fkn what? :eek ...never went by mileage?..had to be changed every 3months or so!!...just square off till the wires came through!!..yes you did have to use your head when riding one of those?..if you made a error it quite easily could have been your last?...didnt they put a ban on them in america?mine was a N reg by the way?...bought it brand new?...still got reciept somewhere?...have to hunt it out?...think it cost £1300 on the road!!
« Last Edit: 13 October 2013, 01:01:19 pm by CRH »

Hedgetrimmer

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: 13 October 2013, 01:17:10 pm »
Ahhh, the ol' Dunlop Ditchfinders!  :lol
I think I paid about £1700 for this one. When I sold it, I was based in Germany with the RAF, and I drank the proceeds.... :b
When you got it to about a ton, you weren't actually holding the grips anymore - they were just kinda of a blur in your hands, and it used to rattle the headlamp bulb out every time I took it out - it'd just be lying in the bottom of the h/lamp bowl when I got back!
As for the noise......!!!!!!! :eek :eek :eek :b :b :b :b  A mate of mine took it out for a spin, about a 4 mile circuit, an I swear I heard it all the way round!
A little old lady who lived nearby actually came up to me and said, I've reported you to the local policeman because of that racket!! Only the local copper was my dad, and no one had said anything to him  :rollin

D'you remember the gear change? 1 up and 4 (or was it 3?  :rolleyes ) down, and a pig of a gearbox. I accidentally pulled some pretty spectacular (wobbly!) wheelies leaving High Beach on a few occasions cos it was a bugger to get 2nd sometimes so I'd kick at it in frustration!  :lol
I'll never have another one tho - my 2nd was a US H2B, found to have cracks in the c/cases around the rear engine mounts. Tried to get it welded, but as soon as you applied the heat, it'd just crack and distort elsewhere - made of chocolate  :\
« Last Edit: 13 October 2013, 01:28:33 pm by nick crisp »

CRH

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: 13 October 2013, 01:28:40 pm »
yea and it didnt take long to reach a ton did it? :eek ....the biggest problem i had with mine was?...there would always be someone wanting to race you?...250/350 rds etc the odd kettle and even kwack 9,s...you knew you could make em look stupid?...but"...if you couldnt keep that fkn front wheel down you made yourself look a twat!! :rolleyes ...all i used to do was wait for the straights and cream em? :b ....they couldnt come past me cus they couldnt see for fkn smoke :rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin .....loved it!! :lol it was a 4 speed wasnt it??...there where loads of false neutrals but biggest problem with mine was clutch issues?...allways having to adjust it after every blast!! it was a bstd!!...i sold mine on advice of me doctor?...he said get rid or die??...hence am still here?.....ps he was a biker too!!!!!
« Last Edit: 13 October 2013, 01:52:22 pm by CRH »

Hedgetrimmer

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: 13 October 2013, 01:29:31 pm »
yea and it didnt take long to reach a ton did it? :eek ....the biggest problem i had with mine was?...there would always be someone wanting to race you?...250/350 rds etc the odd kettle and even kwack 9,s...you knew you could make em look stupid?...but"...if you couldnt keep that fkn front wheel down you made yourself look a twat!! :rolleyes ...all i used to do was wait for the straights and cream em? :b ....they couldnt come past me cus they couldnt see for fkn smoke :rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin .....loved it!! :lol

See edit^^

CRH

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: 13 October 2013, 02:04:08 pm »
I'll still be in my 40s at next renewal BUT the year after I'll be a saga candidate....... :'(
Me too, at the moment I pay £116 fully comp for my fazer thou, there was cheaper but they worked out more expensive by the time you added the extras, I have insurance with Bennett's.
....think alot of it depends in what area you live?...ime in midlands and it use to cost me £82.00 for me fjr1300..and my mate who,s same age as me lives down south and he pays over £200 for same cover with same insurer :rolleyes ....and that was carol nash!!...and also a fjr1300..