Date: 29-03-24  Time: 09:18 am

Author Topic: Autonomous vehicles survey  (Read 5789 times)

YamFazFan

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • View Profile
Re: Autonomous vehicles survey
« Reply #50 on: 01 February 2020, 06:39:52 pm »
Yeah instead, lets have a bigoted intolerant rant including the desire to physically assault anybody we may find irritating.  Foc-u indeed.
1. Abandon the purpose built Brexit thread
2. Find an innocuous thread on something bike related
3. Make pointless statements blaming the EU for something vaguely related
4. Wait for a response
5. Express outrage at the response
6. Repeat 4 and 5 continuously

It's called 'baiting'  :rolleyes
I don't think you need to explain 'baiting' to VNA ;)

YamFazFan

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: 01 February 2020, 06:42:45 pm »
Exactly, you’d have to troll through all my posts to try find something really outrageous and nasty – good luck with that.  That’s because you can’t think of anything off the top of your head – nothing stands out. 
I can.

darrsi

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: 01 February 2020, 11:15:12 pm »
Exactly, you’d have to troll through all my posts to try find something really outrageous and nasty – good luck with that.  That’s because you can’t think of anything off the top of your head – nothing stands out. 
I can.

I'm at a loss why that would even be considered a real challenge? But i'm not biting.  :lol
More people are born because of alcohol than will ever die from it.

YamFazFan

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: 01 February 2020, 11:43:07 pm »
I can.

I'm at a loss why that would even be considered a real challenge? But i'm not biting.  :lol
I will.
1) Basically dismissing the issue of anti-semitism as fake news and a right-wing conspiracy (As if those poor people haven't suffered enough over the centuries already they then have to put up with this sort of bigotry).

2) Chucking just about every disgusting insult/allegation possible at Boris Johnson in a single paragraph (and you people have the gall to complain that Corbyn was allegedly vilified during the election campaign).
3) Calling Tommyardin a "stupid c**t".
Enough?

VNA - BMW Wank

• BMW Wank
  • GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - BMW R1250R Honda C90
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: 02 February 2020, 12:25:10 am »

Basically dismissing the issue of anti-semitism as fake news and a right-wing conspiracy

Presumably you mean within the Labour Party.

Is this the best you can do?  Clutching at straws?

So,

Exactly, you’d have to troll through all my posts to try find something really outrageous and nasty – good luck with that.

Try again folks. :lol

YamFazFan

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: 02 February 2020, 12:30:56 am »
Sick and in need of help and sympathy.

Slaninar

• GP Hero
  • Lookin' like a streak of lightnin'
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • View Profile
    • BikeGremlin
« Reply #56 on: 02 February 2020, 07:38:32 am »
Anyway, that's what happens when political correctness overcomes the common sense.

"I started imagining a world in which we replaced the phrase 'politically correct' wherever we could with 'treating other people with respect' "

- Neil Gaiman.

Respect is not the same as doublespeak. Recently I came across this:
https://hbr.org/2015/10/what-to-do-and-say-after-a-tough-reorganization

Suppose now people don't get fired, they get "affected by reorganization"?!  :)

When US kills women and children, it's "collateral damage".

To me such things look like adding insult to injury, not showing any respect. Not really.

I may be conservative, but find it hard to see how a person's gender can be "other". Pick one for God sake! :)

Can imagine a white guy from South Africa, getting a US citizenship and getting insulted when not referred to as "African American". Might make a decent Monty Python sketch.

Most things done in a hurry need to be done again - patiently.

VNA - BMW Wank

• BMW Wank
  • GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - BMW R1250R Honda C90
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: 02 February 2020, 11:16:54 am »
 1)     
Basically dismissing the issue of anti-semitism as fake news and a right-wing conspiracy (As if those poor people haven't suffered enough over the centuries already they then have to put up with this sort of bigotry).

Jeremy Corbyn was called by one Blairite Labour MP a “fucking anti-Semite and a racist,”

Hodge is of course an unapologetic Zionist supporter of the state of Israel. 

Twisted arguments
Every argument in this debate is twisted, every fact distorted to serve the overwhelming narrative of collective victimhood. Meanwhile, among the same people who feel so outraged by Corbyn, there is total silence about what is happening in Israel. It is not even covered. They are not even asked questions about it. There are no press statements. It’s as if it's not happening.
But something is happening in Israel. Its prime minister, Benjamin Netanyahu, called the Nation State Law "a defining moment". It certainly was that. The Nation State Law defined sovereignty and democratic self-rule as the exclusive or "unique" right of Jews, wherever they live in the world.
So, according to this constitution, Hodge, who represents Barking, now has - by law - a right as a British Jew that overrides any right a Palestinian has in his or her own land. Ethnic and religious discrimination has become a constitutional value in the State of Israel. Is this Labour Party policy?
What exactly about the state of Israel do you support, Margaret Hodge?
https://www.middleeasteye.net/opinion/what-exactly-about-state-israel-do-you-support-margaret-hodge

The British right-wing press jumped on Hodge’s outrageous slur, and as she had hoped, used it to undermine and destroy Labour’s election chances.
So let me now quote John Bercow
I do not myself believe that Jeremy Corbyn is anti-Semitic. That is my honest view. You haven't asked me explicitly, but you've nevertheless drawn me and I want to make that point. I am not saying that he doesn't have a challenge in his party. It is an issue and it does need to be addressed and I respect those who are very concerned about it, but I don't believe Jeremy Corbyn is anti-Semitic. I've known him for the 22 years I've been in parliament. Even, actually, when I was a right-winger we got on pretty well. He was quite a personable individual.

Chucking just about every disgusting insult/allegation possible at Boris Johnson in a single paragraph
Boris Johnson is a lair, a racist, a homophobe and a misogynist.  These are not insults, they are not allegations – they are simply facts.  Oh, can anybody tell us how many children he has fathered.  What a guy – eh?

Calling Tommyardin a "stupid c**t".
Who?  Oh him.  Don’t remember that, maybe I did :eek :lol , he does after all hold some pretty outrageous discriminatory views.

So there you go.  You have seem to have the same problem as darrsi, in that you object most strongly to those who do not share your own narrow outlook and views.  And as you can neither accept that not everybody will share your views, and nor are you able to address the substance of others views, you instead choose to attack the individual.  And as we can see here, those who do not share your often twisted outlook and opinion are nasty and sick. 

VNA - BMW Wank

• BMW Wank
  • GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - BMW R1250R Honda C90
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: 02 February 2020, 11:19:13 am »
I saw this on the IAM Facebook page, asking people's opinions on autonomous cars, planes and ships.

It takes about 10-15 minutes to complete.
https://www.soscisurvey.de/drive2thefuture_en/
Anyway, just a wee reminder that this is a thread about autonomous vechiles. :rolleyes

mtread

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • - Triumph Speed Trip & Tiger 800
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: 02 February 2020, 11:32:31 am »
2) Chucking just about every disgusting insult/allegation possible at Boris Johnson in a single paragraph (and you people have the gall to complain that Corbyn was allegedly vilified during the election campaign).3) Calling Tommyardin a "stupid c**t".Enough?

2. All politicians are fair game. Johnson is now 'in charge', so he can expect much more. Plus he pretends to be things he is not.
3. I was told yesterday to 'shut the fuck up'. Does that count? Not that I give a toss of course  :D

VNA - BMW Wank

• BMW Wank
  • GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - BMW R1250R Honda C90
    • View Profile
« Reply #60 on: 02 February 2020, 11:42:20 am »
3. I was told yesterday to 'shut the fuck up'. Does that count? Not that I give a toss of course 
Now I don't give a toss either, but I have endured endless taunts and insults on this forum, even threats of violence, and for what?  Becuase I don't support BREXIT?  Because I don't like facists, and I object to homophobia, racism and islamaphobia etc etc. 
But really, lets just get back to autonomous vechicles - hey, maybe even bikes. 
Oh roll on march.

darrsi

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: 02 February 2020, 12:02:44 pm »
Basically dismissing the issue of anti-semitism as fake news and a right-wing conspiracy

Presumably you mean within the Labour Party.

Is this the best you can do?  Clutching at straws?

So,

Exactly, you’d have to troll through all my posts to try find something really outrageous and nasty – good luck with that.

Try again folks. :lol

I think you should audition for a part as a Bond villain, because you are undoubtedly 100% insane and will fit the part perfectly.
Yet again you have ignored and dismissed what anyone else has said as if your way of thinking is the only one that matters, and any ideas or suggestions by other people should just be brushed aside.
You have a massively irritating superiority complex which in your disturbed little mind thinks you can steam roll your way through what should be simple and friendly discussions whilst blatantly chucking insults at anyone who dares to cross your path.
And yet YOU have the audacity to suggest that this forum has become a nasty place as if none of it was because of your downright rude responses for the majority of the time.
I don't know what has made you become this way in your life time, or maybe you have always behaved naturally against the grain, but it would seem to me, and others no doubt, that you do get a real buzz and satisfaction from persistently rubbing people up the wrong way.
Just thought i'd share my honest opinion, not that you'll soak up or acknowledge any of it, because a discussion with you is like pissing into the wind.
More people are born because of alcohol than will ever die from it.

VNA - BMW Wank

• BMW Wank
  • GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - BMW R1250R Honda C90
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: 02 February 2020, 12:38:09 pm »

I think you should audition for a part as a Bond villain, because you are undoubtedly 100% insane and will fit the part perfectly.
Yet again you have ignored and dismissed what anyone else has said as if your way of thinking is the only one that matters, and any ideas or suggestions by other people should just be brushed aside.
You have a massively irritating superiority complex which in your disturbed little mind thinks you can steam roll your way through what should be simple and friendly discussions whilst blatantly chucking insults at anyone who dares to cross your path.
And yet YOU have the audacity to suggest that this forum has become a nasty place as if none of it was because of your downright rude responses for the majority of the time.
I don't know what has made you become this way in your life time, or maybe you have always behaved naturally against the grain, but it would seem to me, and others no doubt, that you do get a real buzz and satisfaction from persistently rubbing people up the wrong way.
Just thought i'd share my honest opinion, not that you'll soak up or acknowledge any of it, because a discussion with you is like pissing into the wind.

I’ll take that as a NO. 

VNA - BMW Wank

• BMW Wank
  • GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - BMW R1250R Honda C90
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: 02 February 2020, 12:39:05 pm »
I saw this on the IAM Facebook page, asking people's opinions on autonomous cars, planes and ships.

It takes about 10-15 minutes to complete.
https://www.soscisurvey.de/drive2thefuture_en/
Anyone want to get back on topic?

YamFazFan

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: 02 February 2020, 10:58:12 pm »
3. I was told yesterday to 'shut the fuck up'. Does that count? Not that I give a toss of course 
Now I don't give a toss either, but I have endured endless taunts and insults on this forum, even threats of violence, and for what?  Becuase I don't support BREXIT?  Because I don't like facists, and I object to homophobia, racism and islamaphobia etc etc. 
But really, lets just get back to autonomous vechicles - hey, maybe even bikes. 
Oh roll on march.

Yes, as I said in my last post help and sympathy is the most important thing. Condemnation is of little use or value. Support is everything. Stay strong :thumbup .
« Last Edit: 02 February 2020, 10:58:52 pm by YamFazFan »

Grahamm

• Global Moderator
  • GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZ6 04-06
    • View Profile
    • Affordable Leather Products
« Reply #65 on: 02 February 2020, 11:00:59 pm »
1. Abandon the purpose built Brexit thread

I'm not going to address the other points you mention, but I do have to remind you that it was "NOT an attempt to start a discussion", I literally just wanted to post ONE cartoon.

The rest of it wasn't my fault!!!

mtread

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: 02 February 2020, 11:35:39 pm »
the rest of it wasn't my fault!!!
I know!  :)

YamFazFan

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: 03 February 2020, 05:56:06 am »

the rest of it wasn't my fault!!!
I know!  :)

Well yeah you would, bearing in mind that you were one of the early contributors :)

mtread

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: 03 February 2020, 10:01:20 am »
Not as early as you though  ;)

YamFazFan

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: 03 February 2020, 10:26:57 am »

True, but I'm not the one complaining :D .

I was #10 and you were #12. I got in 3 hours & 51 mins ahead of you :)

mtread

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: 03 February 2020, 11:03:04 am »

Huh?

I think you will find that you were banging on about the EU at #2 :rolleyes

Or is there some sort of parallel universe I've missed?
« Last Edit: 03 February 2020, 11:05:40 am by mtread »

mtread

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: 03 February 2020, 11:08:49 am »
Just realised we're talking about two different threads.

Brexit thread is fair game. Autonomous vehicles thread has been diverted into a 2nd Brexit thread by someone  :rolleyes

YamFazFan

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: 03 February 2020, 11:43:33 am »

Just realised we're talking about two different threads.

Yep.

YamFazFan

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: 03 February 2020, 11:48:30 am »

Brexit thread is fair game. Autonomous vehicles thread has been diverted into a 2nd Brexit thread by someone  :rolleyes

Brexit thread got locked tho didn't it? :rolleyes .

Autonomous vehicles was diverted by yours truly and Grahamm's 'This is not an attempt......' thread was hijacked by Foc-U's resident Mr Nasty ;)

mtread

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: 03 February 2020, 02:18:44 pm »

OK 3rd Brexit thread

But Grahamm's (the 2nd) was always about Brexit  :rolleyes