Date: 28-03-24  Time: 08:28 am

Author Topic: What did you do with whatever else you've got?  (Read 505161 times)

fazersharp

• GP Hero
  • 10 stone Racing Snake
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • View Profile
Re: What did you do with whatever else you've got?
« Reply #2325 on: 07 July 2020, 10:33:17 pm »
Dummy - that's a fuel filter - you need an air filter :rolleyes
I don't do rain or threat there of. dry rider only with no shame.

rayburn600

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - Triumph Tiger Sport- V-Strom
    • View Profile
« Reply #2326 on: 07 July 2020, 10:38:40 pm »
The filter should be on top of the plug. :lol

VNA - BMW Wank

• BMW Wank
  • GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - BMW R1250R Honda C90
    • View Profile
« Reply #2327 on: 11 July 2020, 11:54:28 am »
Travel restrictiona were lifted in Scotland last weekend - naturally it pissed down the whole weekend.So took the day off yesterday and headed oot fae a spin.  My first proper run on the R1250R.
 Headed to Gourock, ferry to Dunoon.  Portavadie, ferry to Tarbert, got a good soaking on the way up to Oban (spot the weird bike parked up in Oban).  Top notch fish super from the George Street Chippe.  Up to Glencoe, doon Glen Orchy, a wee rest in Arrochar, then back down to Dunoon for the ferry back to Gourock. 

Oldgit

• foccerwithoutaspacebar
  • GP Hero
  • Old Age & Treachery will Overcome Youth & Skill
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - BMW R1200RS Sport SE
    • View Profile
« Reply #2328 on: 11 July 2020, 01:03:20 pm »
Needs a hugger to stop all the shit from the back wheel ending up all over the bike. otherwise nice machine, almost the same as my R1200RS se

VNA - BMW Wank

• BMW Wank
  • GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - BMW R1250R Honda C90
    • View Profile
« Reply #2329 on: 11 July 2020, 02:25:28 pm »
 I fitted a mudsling to close off the rear shock.  Yup like too many modern bikes the rear is too narrow and too short.  Yeah muck goes everywhere, and I’m told a hugger doesn’t make much difference.

Apparently, this New Zealand only OE BMW part is a possible solution.   It sits behind the indicators and license plate.

https://www.kfm-motorraeder.de/cms/en/genuine-spare-parts/bmw-spare-parts?itemid=46628543348

Not decided on it yet.

robbo

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - Mk 1 Speed Triple
    • View Profile
« Reply #2330 on: 11 July 2020, 02:50:15 pm »
The trouble is, most gadgets that offer some protection to bikes, look crap. I've put off for years fitting a fender extender, as they look so awful, but after my newly resprayed bellypan looked like it had been shotgunned, after only a few rides, I had to give in. I must say that the downpipes stay much shinier for longer, so the extender is certainly doing its job. Still looks crap though :lol .
Whizz kid sitting pretty on his two wheeled stallion.

robbo

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - Mk 1 Speed Triple
    • View Profile
« Reply #2331 on: 21 September 2020, 07:12:56 am »
With the Fazer still waiting for some crimps to complete my replacement reg/rec installation, I slapped some tax on the old Triumph, and after an oil/filter change and caliper maintenance, pressed her in to Sunday breakfast run duty. It was a lovely day to be out yesterday, departing our usual meeting place at dead on 07:30. After a quick rip down the A21 to the first exit, it was then a myriad of B roads before breaking back out into civilisation just before Rye. Being nice and early meant little traffic over the marshes to Brenzett, although the Triumph not having the brakes or acceleration of the Fazer, got me lumbered behind vehicles at the crucial hairpins. Then it was inland to Tenterden before swinging east towards Canterbury. The downer of the morning was roadworks along the length of the Chilham Bends. Looks like they’re installing a wide median marked out in red, to form just one lane in each direction. Maybe the red stuff has got Shellgrip :lol .
Progress towards Faversham was painfully slow, so our leader went into goat track mode, taking us way out in the Kentish boonies, only to come out one junction short of Detling Hill, and Mickey’s Rock Diner, our breakfast destination. The tea hut in the car park was ideal for our needs, making a sausage sandwich that was just right.
After an hour of setting the world to rights and generally talking bollocks, it was mount up time and high tail it home for a treble dose of bike racing on tv. The old Speed Triple coped quite well with what the morning had thrown at it, considering it hadn’t turned a wheel since about March. It desperately needs a rear shock, a rear tyre is not far away, and after todays exploits, a new speedo cable.
« Last Edit: 21 September 2020, 07:15:25 am by robbo »

coffee

• GP Hero
  • Phil Bradbury,like road racing,ireland,music
    • Main bike:
      FZ1 Naked Gen2
    • View Profile
« Reply #2332 on: 27 September 2020, 09:17:55 pm »
Got to have an op on wednesday so had to go for a covid test today,had heard some stories about it being pretty uncomfortable up the nose,throat,etc but needn't have worried,it was no discomfort at all and the beauty of it all was I went on the bike,I wasn't sure whether you could go on a bike but chanced it because I thought well if it's your only form of transport what do you do? as it turned out it made no diff at all,you could even walk in if you wanted.Just thought I'd post this in case anyone has to go for the test. :thumbup
never look down on anyone unless you're helping them up.

Oldgit

• foccerwithoutaspacebar
  • GP Hero
  • Old Age & Treachery will Overcome Youth & Skill
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - BMW R1200RS Sport SE
    • View Profile
« Reply #2333 on: 28 September 2020, 10:32:21 am »
Nice BM but the top box looks massive on the bike.

robbo

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - Mk 1 Speed Triple
    • View Profile
« Reply #2334 on: 28 September 2020, 12:33:24 pm »
It was time for the winter jacket yesterday. I thought it might have been overkill, but by the time we got to the breakfast stop, my two companions were decidedly cold. Spent much of the morning in Sussex yesterday, breakfasting at The Roedean, before some cross country to the A22 at Halland, then the Ashdown Forest back into Kent and then home. Last weeks thrash on the Triumph loosened up the headlamp bolts and broke the speedo cable. The new cable was certainly still working as I rolled on to the drive with 180 miles on the trip, and just in time for MotoGP. An enjoyable morning without a doubt.

fazersharp

• GP Hero
  • 10 stone Racing Snake
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • View Profile
« Reply #2335 on: 28 September 2020, 09:10:07 pm »
It was time for the winter jacket yesterday. I thought it might have been overkill, but by the time we got to the breakfast stop, my two companions were decidedly cold. Spent much of the morning in Sussex yesterday, breakfasting at The Roedean, before some cross country to the A22 at Halland, then the Ashdown Forest back into Kent and then home. Last weeks thrash on the Triumph loosened up the headlamp bolts and broke the speedo cable. The new cable was certainly still working as I rolled on to the drive with 180 miles on the trip, and just in time for MotoGP. An enjoyable morning without a doubt.
I have the same issues because I don't ride all the time and there can be big gaps in my riding I only remember the last time I went out and haven't had the slower process of adding layers. 
I don't do rain or threat there of. dry rider only with no shame.

mtread

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • - Triumph Speed Trip & Tiger 800
    • View Profile
« Reply #2336 on: 29 September 2020, 09:00:40 am »
I have the same issues because I don't ride all the time and there can be big gaps in my riding I only remember the last time I went out and haven't had the slower process of adding layers.
Yeah, that heatwave in summer '76 was a delight  ;)

VNA - BMW Wank

• BMW Wank
  • GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - BMW R1250R Honda C90
    • View Profile
« Reply #2337 on: 29 September 2020, 02:36:04 pm »

Nice BM but the top box looks massive on the bike.

Cheers.   It may look a little big in the ferry shot due to the distortion of the 7mm lens I used (14mm equiv in 135 format)
Here’s a more representative shot;

VNA - BMW Wank

• BMW Wank
  • GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - BMW R1250R Honda C90
    • View Profile
« Reply #2338 on: 29 September 2020, 02:37:27 pm »
 Anyway, it is autumn now, so my thoughts turn to the hills.  So any nice days I can spare, its boots on and aff tae the hills.

kralik

• DAS Born Again
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #2339 on: 30 September 2020, 09:01:13 am »
Hi,
this is my another bike, Aprilia Tuono gen1 slightly modificated. Now for sale (I would like to purchase FZ1)

20200729 153145
20200729 153145

agricola

• GP Hero
  • Man on a mission
    • Main bike:
      FZ6 S2 07-09
    • View Profile
« Reply #2340 on: 13 October 2020, 05:17:22 pm »
New brake pads and sliding pins in the Discovery 2, I did the rear earlier this year. Not only does the youngest need it for towing the horse box around, but I need it now for the bike trailer

john roche

• DAS Born Again
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - Versys 1000, vfr750
    • View Profile
« Reply #2341 on: 14 October 2020, 03:47:56 am »
I've done nothing on a bike, 3 1/2 weeks ago I had a knee replacement op. The surgeon said I couldn't drive for 6 weeks, 15 days and counting! I did check I'd be OK then for weight bearing etc on the bike. I'll be going out on a VFR first as it's lighter.i

« Last Edit: 14 October 2020, 03:49:05 am by john roche »
The devil made me do it!

YamFazFan

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • View Profile
« Reply #2342 on: 16 October 2020, 08:26:03 pm »
« Last Edit: 16 November 2020, 09:13:44 pm by YamFazFan »

agricola

• GP Hero
  • Man on a mission
    • Main bike:
      FZ6 S2 07-09
    • View Profile
« Reply #2343 on: 26 October 2020, 05:53:02 pm »
New pads and discs on the front of the peugeot 206 (wifes). Rear still to do, dodging the showers on the drive cos I cant get a car in the garage these days, what for the bike and the bike lift, trailer, tool trolley, welder, workbench, ladders, etc.

Id really like to start again in there as Im getting to old for working on motor cars outside in winter

agricola

• GP Hero
  • Man on a mission
    • Main bike:
      FZ6 S2 07-09
    • View Profile
« Reply #2344 on: 31 October 2020, 08:55:11 pm »
and today I spent 2 hours shifting stuff out of MY garage, in order to get the youngest's van in to do some maintenance/pre mot work on the brakes. The bike is out on the patio, the hydraulic lift is out there too, and pillar drill/bandsaw etc etc are all in the summerhouse. My word, its so much better indoors than lying on the cold concrete driveway, in the wind and rain

robbo

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - Mk 1 Speed Triple
    • View Profile
« Reply #2345 on: 03 December 2020, 08:46:19 am »
Had a new rear Metz Roadtec SE fitted to the Triumph by a local mobile guy I've got to know. Wth yesterday being the last dry day for a while I took the opportunity to scrub in the new hoop, with a trip down to the Roedean Cafe for a very late breakfast. The trip down, all on A roads, was ideal, as the traffic was light and good progress was made, bearing in mind the new tyre situation. Being early afternoon, the cafe wasn't busy, so got a prime booth overlooking the marina, so could watch the boats while the chef did what he's good at. With my Roedean special polished off, and washed down the a mug of tea, it was saddle up time ready to retrace my steps. This was the first time my Gerbing heated gloves had been pressed into service this winter, and much appreciated they were. Dusk soon became darkness, but the high volume of traffic driving against me, baulked most of the overtakes in my favourite stretches of road. The trip meter read 117 as I pushed the bike into the garage, so the afternoon jaunt had certainly served its purpose.

robbo

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - Mk 1 Speed Triple
    • View Profile
« Reply #2346 on: 26 February 2021, 03:33:29 pm »
First proper ride this year, to take some Fazer bits to the powder coaters. Very pleasant day to be out.

robbo

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - Mk 1 Speed Triple
    • View Profile
« Reply #2347 on: 10 March 2021, 01:24:23 pm »
Yesterday was too good a day to not get out for a whizz. A fairly brisk 136 mile loop around Kent and Sussex, finishing up with a coffee in the sun on Westerham Green. It was certainly a weather window opportunity, as today is definitely battern down the hatches day.

robbo

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - Mk 1 Speed Triple
    • View Profile
« Reply #2348 on: 18 March 2021, 11:11:35 am »
Collected some of my powder coating for the Fazer on Monday. It rained. MOT for the Triumph on Tuesday. It rained. Dropped off more powder coating yesterday, yep, it rained. Certainly got the wet weather skills up to speed :lol . Anyone in roughly my neck of the woods, I can thoroughly recommend the burger van on the A22 between East Grinstead and Godstone, sausage sandwich was mint. :thumbup

robby boy

• WSB Pack Hound
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - Triumph Sprint ST 1050
    • View Profile
« Reply #2349 on: 21 March 2021, 11:06:19 pm »
Taxed the Sprint tonight and I'm on holiday for the next week, hopefully get a few miles in running some errands.  :lol :lol
If you worried about falling off your bike, you'd never get on.