Date: 19-04-24  Time: 18:52 pm

Author Topic: General Election 8th June  (Read 26352 times)

fazersharp

• GP Hero
  • 10 stone Racing Snake
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • View Profile
General Election 8th June
« on: 18 April 2017, 11:15:18 am »
General Election on the 8th June looks like a second EU referendum by any other name.
Mrs May has had enough of the sniping from the remainders in labour and lib dems and the lords on brexit so she has called for a general election to ask for a mandate on the Governments current brexit path 
« Last Edit: 18 April 2017, 11:54:01 am by fazersharp »
I don't do rain or threat there of. dry rider only with no shame.

locksmith

• FOC-U Official Selfish Bastard
    A bit of a cheapskate
    imageJune 09
  • GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - MT-09 :)
    • View Profile
Re: General Election 8th June
« Reply #1 on: 18 April 2017, 11:23:32 am »
I thought it was April 1st so wizzed over to BBC News - wow!

fazersharp

• GP Hero
  • 10 stone Racing Snake
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 18 April 2017, 11:24:54 am »
I thought it was April 1st so wizzed over to BBC News - wow!
I got my finger on the political pulse.

mtread

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • - Triumph Speed Trip & Tiger 800
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 18 April 2017, 12:46:05 pm »
Mrs May has had enough of the sniping from the remainders in labour and lib dems and the lords on brexit so she has called for a general election to ask for a mandate on the Governments current brexit path
...... is her view on the matter.

Can't repeat all the lies from last time though. Hoping the Brexishiteers get their comeuppance.
« Last Edit: 18 April 2017, 12:46:55 pm by mtread »

Grahamm

• Global Moderator
  • GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZ6 04-06
    • View Profile
    • Affordable Leather Products
« Reply #4 on: 18 April 2017, 01:16:06 pm »
General Election on the 8th June looks like a second EU referendum by any other name.

So another desperate roll of the dice from the Tories.

Cameron gambled on the Referndum to stop the hard right of his party defecting to UKIP, not expecting to lose.

He lost and now May is having to deal with the mess and hoping that the right-wing press can spread enough FUD to keep people scared of the EU.

Meanwhile the Lib Dems and Labour have got to get people's mind focussed on the fact that this isn't just the "Brexit election", but that it's also about the ruinous Tory Austerity programme which has left our NHS, schools, public services and so on in a state of collapse whilst, at the same time, their rich mates are getting tax cuts.

Oh and, of course, May's got to convince the Scottish that it's also not another independence referendum because "Now is not the time..." :D

slappy

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - MT09
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 18 April 2017, 01:37:55 pm »
Another few months of  tossers from every political persuasion spouting  manipulated statistics, lies and  bollocks and when they don't win tell  us that  we are the problem as we didn't vote the right way i.e. for them.
Looks like I won't be watching any news channel until st least September.

mtread

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 18 April 2017, 02:53:20 pm »
Graham, you've got it spot on.

mtread

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 18 April 2017, 05:02:34 pm »
Wife comes home from exercise class.

Me: 'Have you seen the news headlines ? !!!'

Wife: 'No'

Me: 'May has called a snap General Election !'

Wife: ' Oh I thought it was something more serious, like someone had launched an atomic bomb'

We are living in strange times .......

celticdog

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 18 April 2017, 06:20:54 pm »
No way not another one! We seem to be having more elections than a Chinaman on honeymoon at the moment.
Treat everything in life the way a dog would- if you can't eat it or foc it, forget it.

VNA - BMW Wank

• BMW Wank
  • GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - BMW R1250R Honda C90
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 18 April 2017, 07:18:29 pm »
It's not really an election is it?

It's Bexit ref 2.

May the Remainer (who probably voted leave), who said no snap general election, now sees an oppertunity for a Tory landslide in order to force through a hard Brexit.

But the best laid plans don't always work out................

And even if they do;

Tory Landslide + hard Brexit and right wing policies leads to Scottish Independence and the end of the road for Great Britain.

But as Mtread says, well why worry, that other extreme right wing nutter Trump might be about to get us all wiped out.

lew600fazer

• GP Hero
  • There is only one form of racing, road racing.
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - 2017 MT-09 Tracer ABS
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 18 April 2017, 10:50:54 pm »

At least one good thing will come out of it. The Labour party will get hammered and THEN they CAN get rid of that fecking ejit Corbyn. The Lib Dems will become the opposition with Labour pushed into 3rd place. The SNP will increase their numbers in the house of commons by doing a clean sweep 59 seats, N Ireland 18 seats and Wales 40 seats.
Sadly I believe that in this election if the Tories get a landslide it WILL be the death knell of the United Kingdom.
Scotland will demand independence and will vote to leave the UK. Already in Northern Ireland there are rumblings of a United Ireland and for the first time even the Ulster Unionists, SDLP, Alliance, are looking at this as the only option to stay in the EU, forget about the DUP corrupt bunch of arseholes. Wales voted for Brexit so they will just be happy with the valleys and their sheep and wonder why they are all unemployed.

MT-09 Tracer for those who no longer can handle a BIG boy Fazer

Dudeofrude

• GP Hero
  • Rude, Crude and Tattooed
    • Main bike:
      FZ1 Naked Gen2
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 18 April 2017, 11:18:12 pm »
Basically....

Dave48

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - MT-07 Tracer
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 19 April 2017, 08:01:07 am »
Another few months of  tossers from every political persuasion spouting  manipulated statistics, lies and  bollocks and when they don't win tell  us that  we are the problem as we didn't vote the right way i.e. for them.
Looks like I won't be watching any news channel until st least September.
I agree 100%-The media is bad enough without all these incompetents spouting forth their nonsense!
Had a load of rubbish in the post yesterday morning about our election of some regional mayor (may 4th) @ a salary of £79k per annum while the West Mids struggles to cope with the f*****g Tory cuts to our NHS, schools, essential services & infrastructure-so I am invited to choose between tory,labour(whatever they represent!),lib-dem, ukip, communist or green party. Then to cap it all comes the announcement of a general election followed by all the morons jumping on the political bandwagon-Sturgeon, "Lord" Hague, and some other idiot who is supposed to be the leader of some sort of labour party :eek
Thats it-no more TV or radio 4, Im just going to ignore it all & ride my bike.
Really this post belongs in "What gets my goat"- I am too old for all this shit!

fazersharp

• GP Hero
  • 10 stone Racing Snake
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 19 April 2017, 11:26:01 am »
I love it - local election and a general election I am going to do my civic duty-------------------------- the polling station is in the local town hall THAT HAS A BAR  ;) and is half way to the Chinese.

VNA - BMW Wank

• BMW Wank
  • GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - BMW R1250R Honda C90
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 19 April 2017, 05:41:42 pm »
At least one good thing will come out of it. The Labour party will get hammered and THEN they CAN get rid of that fecking ejit Corbyn.

Look if I was a betting man - well today as things stand I'd put my money on a Tory landslide.

However, these are far from normal times, nor does the general public have the strong party allegiances that they used to have.  Also many people are waking up to the shortcomings of leaving the EU, and more so a hard BREXIT.

Also if Labour gets it’s message across and people actually pay attention to the substance rather than being taken in my May’s populism and soundbites (if you listen to what she says, well she’s a bit like Trump she doesn’t have much to say), they might actually make progress.

Then there’s the Lid Dems, they’ve come out and stated what the Labour party needed to state – vote for us to stay in the EU!  They could start taking seats left right and centre.

But as for Corbyn and the Labour Party.  The Labour MP’s just won’t learn their lesson.  The Labour MP’s will not respect the membership.  Those Labour MP’s need to either respect democracy, back their leader or stand down. 

The Labour party should have walked the last election.  It lost.  Why?  Because they refused to back their leader.  And yes, it looks like they will loose again.
But remember Lew, the membership will choose their leader.  Not the Tory party, not the establishment, not the media, and not certainly not Blairite Labour MP’s.

Corbyn is here to stay.

Sadly I believe that in this election if the Tories get a landslide it WILL be the death knell of the United Kingdom.

On that I’ll agree with you. 

« Last Edit: 19 April 2017, 05:42:42 pm by VNA »

fazersharp

• GP Hero
  • 10 stone Racing Snake
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 19 April 2017, 05:49:34 pm »

Corbyn is here to stay.

Until at least 9th June

mtread

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 19 April 2017, 10:30:30 pm »
The Tories have everything to lose. They are not going to get better. The other parties will steer away from Brexit and highlight the government's failure on the NHS, Education, Welfare etc etc. The SNP will win every Scottish seat, and the Lib Dems will win lots of seats with Remain voters.

May only has one line - 'Corbyn is no leader', like a stuck record. Can't wait to see her in a proper televised debate ....... O hang on a minute, she isn't going to. She will rue that decision.

midden

• Operation Foc-UTree
  • GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • - Falcon Stealth
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 19 April 2017, 10:50:21 pm »
Well a couple of you have beat me to but hey no turning back

why worry about be it and elections....... we'll soon be at war or just nuked
Women have chocolate men have bikes.....
including ones who like chocolate....;)

VNA - BMW Wank

• BMW Wank
  • GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - BMW R1250R Honda C90
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 19 April 2017, 11:16:02 pm »

May only has one line - 'Corbyn is no leader', like a stuck record.

The problem is she will be helped not just by the media but by Labour MP's.  Day one of the campaign and some prominent Labour members are already attacking their leader.  Driving home from work today I listened to Lord Kinnock attack the party leader.  You couldn’t make it up.
Until at least 9th June

Fazersharp - it's not up to you who leads the labour party. 

What I'm telling you is that if the MP's don't support their leader in this campaign and the election is lost as a result.  If they then hold a vote of no confidence in their leader, then the membership will re-elect Corbyn.  The MP’s will have to learn to respect the membership.  There’s no going back to the Blairite days.

mtread

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 19 April 2017, 11:24:49 pm »
The Labour MPs will rally round Corbyn, there won't be any dissent until after the election.

Kinnock? Who's he? Did he win an election, or was he just another Labour leader vilified by the same press?

vinnyb

• WSB Pack Hound
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 19 April 2017, 11:58:09 pm »
 God help us all if Corbyn does somehow manage to win. Has there ever been a Labour government that's left the country in a better position at the end of it's term than it was in at the start? Blair and Brown should both be in prison. They blame the banking crisis for the what happened in 2008 and conveniently forget about the fact that we were up to our necks in the debt they put us in when it happened. I'm no Conservative and I don't agree with an awful lot of their politics but Labour have absolutely no interest in balancing the books and we can't go back to borrowing huge amounts from the IMF without any intention of ever paying it back. I voted to leave by the way mtread and have no regrets, as did most people I know.
« Last Edit: 20 April 2017, 12:01:58 am by vinnyb »

fazersharp

• GP Hero
  • 10 stone Racing Snake
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 20 April 2017, 09:06:08 am »

Until at least 9th June

Fazersharp - it's not up to you who leads the labour party. 

What I'm telling you is that if the MP's don't support their leader in this campaign and the election is lost as a result.  If they then hold a vote of no confidence in their leader, then the membership will re-elect Corbyn.  The MP’s will have to learn to respect the membership.  There’s no going back to the Blairite days.

I never said it was up to me, you are reading what you want to, - read again I said until June 9th, meaning that he by himself will go after loosing massively .
« Last Edit: 20 April 2017, 09:06:52 am by fazersharp »

Fazerider

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 20 April 2017, 10:08:51 am »

This is nothing to do with, as Theresa May claims, seeking a mandate for her Brexit plans. She hasn’t a clue what will come out of the negotiations so can hardly say that it’ll prove the population supports that.
Calling another general election is cynical opportunism, seizing the chance to stick it to Labour.
It could be a mistake: if Labour does get soundly beaten they may well have a new leader that wavering voters find more electable than Jeremy Corbyn in 5 years time. If the Tories only hang on with a similar or reduced margin she’ll look weaker.

In my area, the prospective Conservative candidate could be Jimmy Savile’s rotting corpse and he would still get voted in. Guess I’ll be playing my usual game of deciding which other party’s deposit to try to help save.

fazersharp

• GP Hero
  • 10 stone Racing Snake
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 20 April 2017, 11:02:08 am »
I think the next labour leader will be David Miliband   

VNA - BMW Wank

• BMW Wank
  • GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - BMW R1250R Honda C90
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 20 April 2017, 07:35:44 pm »

The Labour MPs will rally round Corbyn, there won't be any dissent until after the election
Whether or not the Labour MP’s can behave themselves for the next 7 weeks or not is immaterial – the damage has already been done. 
They did the same thing under Ed Miliband.  A party that is tearing itself to shreds is not a winning machine.
May will repeatedly point out the obvious – do you want to elect a man as your Prime Minister who’s own party passed a vote of no confidence in him.
Blair and Brown should both be in prison.
I don’t disagree.  But Blair and Brown are Tories.  Thatcher’s biggest achievement was Tony Blair and the Tory infiltration of the Labour Party.
I think the next labour leader will be David Miliband   
  :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol