Date: 29-03-24  Time: 13:49 pm

Author Topic: Anyone got a chrystal ball  (Read 1372 times)

fazersharp

• GP Hero
  • 10 stone Racing Snake
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • View Profile
Anyone got a chrystal ball
« on: 09 April 2017, 09:27:22 pm »
I am in the market for a new leather or textile / leather mix  jacket and as I only buy every 12 years or so what is the chance in the near future that the law will change requiring us to wear a % of high vis -- so should I be looking for that kind of jacket now. I do wear a high vis top in the winter - low sun and light but in the summer its another extra layer I could do without so having it incorporated in the jacket seems like a good idea   
« Last Edit: 09 April 2017, 09:28:02 pm by fazersharp »
I don't do rain or threat there of. dry rider only with no shame.

Chris

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • View Profile
Re: Anyone got a chrystal ball
« Reply #1 on: 09 April 2017, 09:59:33 pm »
I have a Weise psycho jacket and it's great, leather/textile mix and it's been great.

https://www.google.co.uk/#q=weise+psycho+jacket&spf=381

Chris

It wouldn't be fun if it was easy, I just wish it wasn't this much fun.

darrsi

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 10 April 2017, 06:40:19 am »
This is an extra layer, but been using it for years now.
Extremely well made, adjustable in size and does not flap about AT ALL. It has a few pockets as well.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_trksid=p2050601.m570.l1313.TR0.TRC0.H0.XICON+MIL+SPEC+VEST.TRS0&_nkw=ICON+MIL+SPEC+VEST&_sacat=0

As for a jacket i'd suggest going on the J&S website the locate your nearest store to start trying some on.
« Last Edit: 10 April 2017, 12:08:01 pm by darrsi »
More people are born because of alcohol than will ever die from it.

BBROWN1664

• Administrator
  • GP Hero
  • Should get out more!
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • - Tracer 900
    • View Profile
    • My website
« Reply #3 on: 10 April 2017, 09:30:53 am »
what is the chance in the near future that the law will change requiring us to wear a % of high vis

This sounds like a European bollix thing like they bough in in France a couple of years ago. Nobody in France bothers with it and chances are we wouldn't bring anything like this in in the UK especially as we are leaving the EU anyway.
Another ex-Fazer rider that is a foccer again

fazersharp

• GP Hero
  • 10 stone Racing Snake
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 10 April 2017, 10:28:32 am »
Extremely well made, adjustable in size and does not flap about AT ALL. It has a few pockets as well.
As for a jacket i'd suggest going on the J&S website the locate your nearest store to start trying some on.
Was there supposed to be a link there.
I am happy with my high vis, its a stretch running top that is a very good fit. I have been in J&S and tried some on.

Being out of the EU will actually make it easier to make our own laws, I ask because while looking for a jacket I am seeing more and more with flashes of high vis, thinking about it some hi vis armbands would do the trick and not be an extra layer if the law changed.
I wonder though if that would mean that the jacket would have to be classed as safety wear and so zero rated VAT, dont think the government would shoot themselves in the foot on that one just for the sake of a few biker lives.     

darrsi

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 10 April 2017, 12:08:35 pm »
Was there supposed to be a link there.
I am happy with my high vis, its a stretch running top that is a very good fit. I have been in J&S and tried some on.

Being out of the EU will actually make it easier to make our own laws, I ask because while looking for a jacket I am seeing more and more with flashes of high vis, thinking about it some hi vis armbands would do the trick and not be an extra layer if the law changed.
I wonder though if that would mean that the jacket would have to be classed as safety wear and so zero rated VAT, dont think the government would shoot themselves in the foot on that one just for the sake of a few biker lives.     

Sorry fella, link added above.
More people are born because of alcohol than will ever die from it.

fazersharp

• GP Hero
  • 10 stone Racing Snake
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 10 April 2017, 12:50:12 pm »
Actually its funny you should mention Icon as I have been looking at this, but price seems a bit steep. Never heard of them until the other day 
http://www.getgeared.co.uk/icon-hypersport-leather-jacket-white

Dudeofrude

• GP Hero
  • Rude, Crude and Tattooed
    • Main bike:
      FZ1 Naked Gen2
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 10 April 2017, 09:46:21 pm »
This site has some good deals. I think it's based in Germany but I've never had any problems with it

http://www.icasque.co.uk/

To be honest I'd never buy gear on line or in a shop again. I always wait for a bike show.
Last year I went to mcn festival in Peterborough and they had a Rst discount tent.
It was all last seasons design but got a £110 Rst Tundra jacket for £40 and the  £75 evo tech race gloves for £30.
It's on again next month so I'm taking my credit card and a spare car haha

fazersharp

• GP Hero
  • 10 stone Racing Snake
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 10 April 2017, 11:04:02 pm »
That website looks interesting. I wont be able to make the mcn