Bikes, Hints'n'Tips > Fazer 1000/FZ1 corner

Gen1 Fazer 1000 (FZS): FAQ for New and Prospective Owners

<< < (2/7) > >>

devilsyam:
i want to add couple things lower leg adjusters if working fine cover in vasaline/grease as bitch when siezed up
also the large connecter block under left infill panel again seal with rubber glove or vasiline as these connecters corrode

check sprocket nut as has habit of undoing all by itself

PieEater:

--- Quote from: devilsyam on 07 June 2016, 09:39:30 pm ---i want to add couple things lower leg adjusters if working fine cover in vasaline/grease as bitch when siezed up
also the large connecter block under left infill panel again seal with rubber glove or vasiline as these connecters corrode

check sprocket nut as has habit of undoing all by itself

--- End quote ---

Thanks for your input Luke - I have added the info on the white connector and the front sprocket.

The compression damping adjusters, I'm a bit dubious about putting grease on these as I think this will attract grit which could make the problem worse (is it trapped grit or corrosion that makes them seize?). Would it be better to suggest regularly using a bit of dry lube and turning the adjusters in both directions to make sure they don't seize up?

Andy W:
Nice write-up PieEater.
Good info & particularly useful for new/potential for new owners.[size=78%] [/size] :)

locksmith:
You forgot to mention a possible smell of wee. :lol

PieEater:

--- Quote from: locksmith on 09 June 2016, 09:43:42 am ---You forgot to mention a possible smell of wee. :lol

--- End quote ---

Do you know what I was actually considering it but thought the target audience might not get it, or the reference to the blue ones being considerably faster / slower.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version