Date: 28-03-24  Time: 08:02 am

Author Topic: stuttering fzs 600  (Read 257717 times)

red98

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - FZS600,CB400/4,X7,CB250
    • View Profile
Re: stuttering fzs 600
« Reply #200 on: 27 May 2012, 09:11:34 pm »
standard can not fruity like ade  ;) ....wish i knew the reason behind ades fix .....hes gone quite,parhaps hes getting paid  ;)
One, is never going to be enough.....

ade the blade

• Club Racer
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - xl1000v varadero
    • View Profile
« Reply #201 on: 27 May 2012, 09:17:36 pm »
standard can not fruity like ade  ;) ....wish i knew the reason behind ades fix .....hes gone quite,parhaps hes getting paid  ;)
been answering your other post, ya jubbly :rolleyes :lol

ade the blade

• Club Racer
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - xl1000v varadero
    • View Profile
« Reply #202 on: 27 May 2012, 09:26:01 pm »
oh been paid matey, half a blackcurrant cheesecake with squirty cream on...........the cheesecake :rolleyes ...and like it. theres gratitude. may try an under the duvet manouevre later if it cools down a tad :lol :lol :lol :lol . bear in mind Red, I was practically 100% convinced at one point that the fuel pump was the prob because of my `fuel delivery` problem. then I talked myself into carb issues ( both items were ready to be purchased ) as it turned out, my prob was `fuel delivery` only in the form of bigger jetting. try and take a big step back and re trace what you have checked / replaced etc. maybe something will jump out right at ya or into ya mind !

red98

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #203 on: 27 May 2012, 09:46:02 pm »
squirty cream on your blackcurrents.....now thats what i call a payment  ;) ;) .....yes going to ride as is and have lots of thinking time......all the time i have the new thou sleeping in the garage,it wont be long before i cast the 600 aside and unleash "THE POWER OF THE ONE" ............................

ade the blade

• Club Racer
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - xl1000v varadero
    • View Profile
« Reply #204 on: 27 May 2012, 10:20:02 pm »
squirty cream on your blackcurrents.....now thats what i call a payment  ;) ;) .....yes going to ride as is and have lots of thinking time......all the time i have the new thou sleeping in the garage,it wont be long before i cast the 600 aside and unleash "THE POWER OF THE ONE" ............................
[/quo
hey maybe thats what you may need to do. use your new bike and just temporarily put your 600 to one side. maybe after a couple of weeks come back to it, perhaps later in the summer with a more clearer head and `newer` eyes. maybe worth a try. in the meantime, get out on your nice new thou and enjoy a nice couple of ride-outs. ;)

red98

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #205 on: 27 May 2012, 10:30:48 pm »
MIGHT JUST DO THAT ADE :D

red98

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #206 on: 28 May 2012, 08:34:18 pm »
feeling a bit lonely today  :( :( ......some of you may have heard the sad news already...ive lost my stuttering twin... after a brief moment of mourning ,the time it took to drink my tea,iam back on my bike to work....coming home today the bike was a lot smoother,but on first start up this morning the stutter was still there for about 1/2 miles,which got me thinking,ive never checked the choke plunger and still on the origanal....never needed to use it as it always starts fine without it...not had a lot to do with choke plungers so will strip whats left of my spare carbs and see how they work
 also had to fill up on the way home,as after yesterdays ride out left me feeling a bit dry,the last fill up didnt seam to last long  ;) ;) ;) ,so i zeroed the trip and will see what mpg i get,might solve the puzzle...gentle riding last year i was able to get 59mpg...i`ll let you know  :)

ade the blade

• Club Racer
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - xl1000v varadero
    • View Profile
« Reply #207 on: 28 May 2012, 09:57:50 pm »
feeling a bit lonely today  :( :( ......some of you may have heard the sad news already...ive lost my stuttering twin... after a brief moment of mourning ,the time it took to drink my tea,iam back on my bike to work....coming home today the bike was a lot smoother,but on first start up this morning the stutter was still there for about 1/2 miles,which got me thinking,ive never checked the choke plunger and still on the origanal....never needed to use it as it always starts fine without it...not had a lot to do with choke plungers so will strip whats left of my spare carbs and see how they work
 also had to fill up on the way home,as after yesterdays ride out left me feeling a bit dry,the last fill up didnt seam to last long  ;) ;) ;) ,so i zeroed the trip and will see what mpg i get,might solve the puzzle...gentle riding last year i was able to get 59mpg...i`ll let you know  :)
hey bro......don`t be sad......think of all the good times we had :rolleyes . right then, enough of that soppy sh&te back to it. when it came to the carb plungers matey, i stripped out all 4. nothing to them really. gave the plungers a very light sanding with 1500 grit w and dry. and put a very thin coating of vaseline ( hope clive doesn`t see this :rolleyes  ) on same plus any seals etc upon assembly. super smooth action. no potential drag / sticking probs. ;) . boss took it for mot this morn. flew through. no advisories . nowt. she had a bitch of a cheesy grin too when she returned. bad girl, menacing the bloody locals again. keep us up to speed mate with the mpg info. cheers

red98

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #208 on: 29 May 2012, 06:36:06 am »
i did check operation of choke when i had the carbs off,did seam to work well although when operating from the carb end as opposed to the bar lever it did feel a bit  "on or off" and nothing in between...will check the o rings and follow you with the v------e........didnt realy whant to use that word as you know what clives like  :rolleyes
 will update mpg as soon as i know

ade the blade

• Club Racer
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - xl1000v varadero
    • View Profile
« Reply #209 on: 29 May 2012, 08:41:06 am »
i did check operation of choke when i had the carbs off,did seam to work well although when operating from the carb end as opposed to the bar lever it did feel a bit  "on or off" and nothing in between...will check the o rings and follow you with the v------e........didnt realy whant to use that word as you know what clives like  :rolleyes
 will update mpg as soon as i know
fool fool fool.................... :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( don`t tell the whole world ya gonna follow me with a tub of vaseline !! :wall . oh mods, how do i cancel my subscription pretty please. :rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin need to get off this `ere forum thingy fast !!
« Last Edit: 29 May 2012, 08:42:57 am by ade the blade »

CRH

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • View Profile
« Reply #210 on: 29 May 2012, 09:39:12 am »
red!!!!, red!!!..RED?....i cannot believe your putting that blade bloke before me?? :( ....you never once mentioned anything about....VASELINE !!...a tube"..i may forgive?? :\ ..but a fkn TUB..??????????...i never thought ide be saying this red?...BUT YOU ARE A SLAG!!!!!!!!!!!!!...i feel used and abused ,red?....i may never ride my foxeye again!!!!!!!!..i might even be forced to quit this forum now?...and go buy a....SCOOTER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!,yes red?,..you did hear right???...SCOOTER>>>>>>>>>this is how mentally disturbed you have made me?? :eek :eek :eek :eek :eek :eek :eek :eek :eek :eek :eek :eek :eek :eek :eek :eek :eek :eek :eek :eek :eek :eek :eek :eek :eek :eek :eek :eek :eek :eek :eek :eek :eek :eek :eek :eek :eek :eek :eek ..... :z

red98

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #211 on: 29 May 2012, 07:56:21 pm »
its all gone pear shaped,no amount of v------e is going too get me out of this one  :eek .....................................
........................got a puncture  :\ :\ :\ :\ :\ :\ ............left bike at work and walked home,5 bl**dy miles  :(

red98

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #212 on: 29 May 2012, 07:58:28 pm »
its all gone pear shaped,no amount of v------e is going too get me out of this one  :eek .....................................
........................got a puncture  :\ :\ :\ :\ :\ :\ ............left bike at work and walked home,5 bl**dy miles  :(

ade,can you reconmend a good doctor,one of the "special" ones that you use  :\

CRH

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • View Profile
« Reply #213 on: 29 May 2012, 08:12:48 pm »
hey!!...never mind...ade??....what about me?? :'( ....mental cruelty this is?.....tub "of vaseline??...are you saying that(the bloke your chasing across the south of england).....is a tightarse????????????? :b :b :b :b :b :b :b :b :b :b :b ....anybody know of any vespa forums?? :'(

CRH

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • View Profile
« Reply #214 on: 29 May 2012, 08:18:34 pm »
p.s........sorry to hear about your flat tyre? :'( ....hey??...but on the bright side!!!..look at the petrol you saved?... :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol .....

red98

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #215 on: 29 May 2012, 08:24:58 pm »
p.s........sorry to hear about your flat tyre? :'( ....hey??...but on the bright side!!!..look at the petrol you saved?... :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol .....

you and the blade defo brothers......your starting to sound the same :eek ....."look at the petrol you saved"....classic ade  :) 

ade the blade

• Club Racer
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - xl1000v varadero
    • View Profile
« Reply #216 on: 29 May 2012, 08:30:43 pm »
good evening all........and what another lovely day its been. :D

CRH

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • View Profile
« Reply #217 on: 29 May 2012, 08:35:30 pm »
thank god you back...BLOOD!!!! :D .....poor old red!!...i hear he felt a bit .........deflated!!!!!!!!!!..in all this heat today? :rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin

CRH

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • View Profile
« Reply #218 on: 29 May 2012, 08:46:07 pm »
proper question to you mr blade??......how did you get those wheels looking so nice?

ade the blade

• Club Racer
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - xl1000v varadero
    • View Profile
« Reply #219 on: 29 May 2012, 08:55:05 pm »
proper question to you mr blade??......how did you get those wheels looking so nice?
by the sweat of my brow and lots and lots and lots of elbow grease :) oh and a few magical ingredients and tools :lol :lol :lol

ade the blade

• Club Racer
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - xl1000v varadero
    • View Profile
« Reply #220 on: 29 May 2012, 08:56:30 pm »
should have said...........i tell you, then i keeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeell you gringo ! :rollin

CRH

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • View Profile
« Reply #221 on: 29 May 2012, 09:03:21 pm »
com on then blood? spill the beans?? ;) ........

CRH

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • View Profile
« Reply #222 on: 29 May 2012, 09:18:36 pm »
ok ade?...cut you a deal?? ;) .....you tell me your secret method??...and me and the boys will make sure that red doesnt come any where near you with that 5kilo tub of vaseline??? ;) .....what ime realy trying to say ade is????.....your asssssssss is in good hands with me!! :D .......

red98

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #223 on: 29 May 2012, 09:27:07 pm »
dont trust him ade  :eek ...........wheels look splendid  :D

CRH

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • View Profile
« Reply #224 on: 29 May 2012, 09:31:47 pm »
no,no,no,red!!! its just a ploy to get him to tell me you foooooooool??.... ;) ;) ;) ;) .....like you said red?..he tryed to lead me astray!! ime not realy like that red?...honest!!.......any way ?whats a 51plt gen 1 worth??....bin offered one today?