Date: 16-04-24  Time: 08:55 am

Author Topic: what did you do with your fazer today ?  (Read 1594373 times)

imax

Top Banana
  • GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • View Profile
Re: what did you do with your fazer today ?
« Reply #2925 on: 17 June 2014, 11:52:43 pm »
Filled it with some unsual bits and pieces:-

Tissues
Razors
Gloves
Foil Blankets
Safety Pins
Bandages
Tuff Cut Scissors
Suction Pump
Oxygen Cylinders and masks
Pulse Oximeter
and a Defibrillator

ChristoT

• Alleged Foc-u Daphnis & Chloe expert
  • GP Hero
  • Fluent in English, French and bullshit!
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • - Saab 9-3, caravan, hang glider
    • View Profile
« Reply #2926 on: 18 June 2014, 12:10:07 am »

Tissues
Razors
Gloves
Foil Blankets
Safety Pins
Bandages
Tuff Cut Scissors
Suction Pump
Pulse Oximeter
and a Defibrillator

Are you a paramedic? Do you use your Fazer on duty then?
The Deef's apprentice

Grahamm

• Global Moderator
  • GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZ6 04-06
    • View Profile
    • Affordable Leather Products
« Reply #2927 on: 18 June 2014, 12:16:34 am »
Stuck the new Tax Disc on it (should be the last time I need to do that!) then rode it to a Committee Meeting and back.

imax

Top Banana
  • GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • View Profile
« Reply #2928 on: 18 June 2014, 01:19:45 am »

Tissues
Razors
Gloves
Foil Blankets
Safety Pins
Bandages
Tuff Cut Scissors
Suction Pump
Pulse Oximeter
and a Defibrillator

Are you a paramedic? Do you use your Fazer on duty then?

I'm a First Responder with LIVES. We provide emergency pre hospital care whilst an ambulance is on the way.

And yes, I use the Fazer (sadly no blue lights - they'd only slow me down  :lol )

Exupnut

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #2929 on: 18 June 2014, 04:57:19 pm »
Guess who I saw yesterday....

Just flapping about on this stagnant little pond on the outer rim of the internet.....yup....  :-))

slimwilly

• GP Hero
  • I love to ride them hills
    • Main bike:
      FZ1 Faired Gen2
    • View Profile
« Reply #2930 on: 18 June 2014, 05:41:38 pm »
The big man himself   !!!!!No no !! not GOD but Midden :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol
An ageing test pilot for home grown widgets that may fail at anytime.

Hedgetrimmer

• GP Hero
  • FOC-U official topiary expert
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #2931 on: 18 June 2014, 06:04:55 pm »
On the way back from a friends mothers funeral I dropped in to our West Cork bikers cafe the "Motorcycle Grill" in the little village of Leap for coffee and a natter as I had not been down that way for over 2 months.
Great place to eat if you ever venture west Cork way. :)

Would love to pop over to the Emerald Isle some time. One day.
Motorcycle grill, huh? Not sure I could eat a whole grilled motorcycle - what's on the menu? Let's see.....er, fillet of Fazer? Goldwing goujons? Suzuki steaks?  :lol

Went to visit my Dad in hospital today, a blat along the A40. Then went into Oxford city centre for a bite and a wander around. Home for a cuppa and then into Swindon to look at tents at Go Outdoors....yes, I think I need another  :eek
Then a quick coffee at Motorcycle Megastore - nice Z1000 (KZ on the side panels, so a US model), Kerker pipe - seeing those on everything at the moment, maybe just noticing them more cos of the one on ogri's bike. No price on it and didn't ask - was scared to frankly - HOW MUCH?!!!!  :rolleyes  They also had a nice clean Z650 SR in red - again, no price label on it, but wouldn't want a custom version anyway.
Finished off with a run to Cirncester and back home by an almost empty Bibury road - all served with lashings of warm sunshine; mmmmmmm!  :D

Pete, I see Neil's breakfast, what did you have?  :b

noggythenog

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - TRX Noggyfighter
    • View Profile
« Reply #2932 on: 18 June 2014, 09:05:53 pm »
Lets do a foccer trip to Southern Ireland some day.......ill start saving up now for the ferry fare ;)

I finally rode the noggythou to scotland today.........500 miles with a few fuel & hydration stops.....man it was hot today. :sun :sun :sun :)

Ive got a sore arse from the saddle & a sore forehead from an annoying pressure point on my helmet but to be fair it was pretty succesful.

Notable parts of the journey were going through North Wales around Cadair Idris mountain, Lake Bala......& then a nice little road not far passed Bala called the A5104 which took me to Chester....nice & twisty & there was loads of bikes on it...the most bikes i seen all day were on it.

& the best road of all is one of my previous favourites...the A701 from Moffat to Edinburgh........brilliant road with good vis through lots of the corners.....breathtaking really. :) .

Was too busy riding to get the camera out but for good order here is an iphone camera pic of the bike at the Devils Beef Tub near Moffat. 8)

« Last Edit: 18 June 2014, 09:16:02 pm by noggythenog »
Easiest way to go fast........don't buy a blue bike

woodwizzard

• Weekend Warrior
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #2933 on: 18 June 2014, 09:39:58 pm »
Fitted my new venom can, fantastic service from Motad. Phoned them yesterday lunchtime and it turned up today :)

Also took a chance and ordered a generic centre stand spring which also turned up today. Managed to fit it on and it works a treat, can now lube the chain easier.

Hedgetrimmer

• GP Hero
  • FOC-U official topiary expert
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #2934 on: 18 June 2014, 09:48:00 pm »

I finally rode the noggythou to scotland today.........500 miles with a few fuel & hydration stops.....man it was hot today. :sun :sun :sun :)

& the best road of all is one of my previous favourites...the A701 from Moffat to Edinburgh........brilliant road with good vis through lots of the corners.....breathtaking really. :) .

Was too busy riding to get the camera out but for good order here is an iphone camera pic of the bike at the Devils Beef Tub near Moffat. 8)

Nice one Noggy, hope the weather stays good for the rest of your trip  :thumbup

You know, everyone talks about how great the roads of northern and western Scotland are, and of course they're right - but I keep hearing good things about those around the southern upland regions too. Must get up there to explore one of these days too.

Oh and by the way Noggy....

Stop leaving such foccing huge gaps between lines in your posts would ya?!  :lol
« Last Edit: 18 June 2014, 09:48:42 pm by nick crisp »

Exupnut

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #2935 on: 18 June 2014, 10:04:18 pm »
+

Just flapping about on this stagnant little pond on the outer rim of the internet.....yup....  :-))

unfazed

• GP Hero
  • Never ride faster than your guardian angel can fly
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • - FZS1000 05-06, Serow 2000
    • View Profile
« Reply #2936 on: 18 June 2014, 11:33:33 pm »
On the way back from a friends mothers funeral I dropped in to our West Cork bikers cafe the "Motorcycle Grill" in the little village of Leap for coffee and a natter as I had not been down that way for over 2 months.
Great place to eat if you ever venture west Cork way. :)

Would love to pop over to the Emerald Isle some time. One day.
Motorcycle grill, huh? Not sure I could eat a whole grilled motorcycle - what's on the menu? Let's see.....er, fillet of Fazer? Goldwing goujons? Suzuki steaks?  :lol

Careful :eek The owner has a Goldwing with sidecar for the kids.

If you like the Welsh roads ours are something else :lol

If you ever do make the journey give me a call, any excuse for a spin round the Cork/Kerry Coast :) .

unfazed

• GP Hero
  • Never ride faster than your guardian angel can fly
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • - FZS1000 05-06, Serow 2000
    • View Profile
« Reply #2937 on: 18 June 2014, 11:41:00 pm »
Lets do a foccer trip to Southern Ireland some day.......ill start saving up now for the ferry fare ;)

Ive got a sore arse from the saddle & a sore forehead from an annoying pressure point on my helmet but to be fair it was pretty succesful.

Notable parts of the journey were going through North Wales around Cadair Idris mountain, Lake Bala......& then a nice little road not far passed Bala called the A5104 which took me to Chester....nice & twisty & there was loads of bikes on it...the most bikes i seen all day were on it.

Noggy, I would be up for that, a bit like the Local Guide.

You picked a great day for that trip to Bonny Scotland. :)

Hope its as good on the way back, ride safe

Rexr

• WSB Pack Hound
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #2938 on: 19 June 2014, 12:36:28 pm »
Well for the last couple days.....kicking it's tits in......gave a guy on a blade a run for his money....... :lol my bottle didn't drop... :lol
Rexr.

Keep it simple......stupid..!!!

bigbluebear

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - Kawasaki Z1000SX
    • View Profile
« Reply #2939 on: 19 June 2014, 01:04:17 pm »
Well for the last couple days.....kicking it's tits in......gave a guy on a blade a run for his money....... :lol my bottle didn't drop... :lol

Where are you riding as your only a handful of miles away from me....and also love kicking tits

TonyW

• DAS Born Again
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • View Profile
« Reply #2940 on: 19 June 2014, 02:52:49 pm »
Paignton bike night again. Several Fazers in attendance including a weird mix and match blue/silver thing. Most interesting was the run home.
 Being a born again biker I've been having slight confidence issues with fast bends. Not any more!! Had a ZX9R (I think) and R1 come up behind me. The Kwak passed me and I sat between them for a couple of spirited miles. Fun but I was worried I'd do something stupid and cause the R1 a problem. I waved the R1 passed  as we slowed to go through a little village. As we left the village they "went for it". Now I only had to worry about myself I tucked in behind them for the next few miles an "went for it" as well.
 Had a MASSIVE grin on my face when they finally  pulled over. They were  opening a small gap on the straights but on the brakes and bends I reeled 'em straight back in. Superb. :D :D :D :D got a thumbs up from them as I went passed.

(in the interests of road safety all speed limits and road traffic laws were adhered to at all times during this post)

Rexr

• WSB Pack Hound
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #2941 on: 19 June 2014, 03:41:19 pm »

Where are you riding as your only a handful of miles away from me....and also love kicking tits

On the weekend we were up around Inveraray, Lochgilphead, Oban, Crainlarich, Inveraray again and home, yesterday met up with some mates down at Largs and the fun with the blade happened on the Langbank stretch lol
Rexr.

bigbluebear

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - Kawasaki Z1000SX
    • View Profile
« Reply #2942 on: 19 June 2014, 04:48:02 pm »
All of these runs are where I normally go, its great to have these on our doorstep.

I do have my own TT circuit when I only have a hour or so......up the A77 to Fenwick, to Kilmaurs, to Stewarton, to Neilston, to Barrhead, to Lugton, to Dunlop, to Stewarton and back down the Stewarton Rd to Newton Mearns.......kicking tits all the way  :lol

NorthWestern

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #2943 on: 19 June 2014, 09:18:17 pm »
Removed my troublesome scottoiler dual injector and rerouted it to above the front sprocket with a little bracket off the overflow  bottle.
Intentionally left blank

Davebo

• Weekend Warrior
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - None
    • View Profile
« Reply #2944 on: 19 June 2014, 09:27:13 pm »

bri h

• WSB Pack Hound
    • Main bike:
      FZ1 Faired Gen2
    • View Profile
« Reply #2945 on: 20 June 2014, 08:33:08 pm »
gave the bike a bit of a clean and was suprised to see i have a gold chain and newish sprockets. I love a suprise.
a bird in the hand poops on the wrist

slimwilly

• GP Hero
  • I love to ride them hills
    • Main bike:
      FZ1 Faired Gen2
    • View Profile
« Reply #2946 on: 20 June 2014, 08:37:40 pm »
Took it for an MOT,,passed as expected,,forgot to take money so had to ride home and go back again,,oh well :lol :lol .
An ageing test pilot for home grown widgets that may fail at anytime.

Grahamm

• Global Moderator
  • GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZ6 04-06
    • View Profile
    • Affordable Leather Products
« Reply #2947 on: 20 June 2014, 08:45:16 pm »
Took it to Vernons (now moved to Farlington from Cosham in Portsmouth) got the rear pads replaced and then MOT'd

Then got home and found that the last time I topped up the Scotoiler I not only chucked away the empty bottle, but also the screw-on nozzle, so couldn't top it up again... :(

Dead Eye

• GP Hero
  • What doesn't kill me, will only make me stronger.
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - FZS600 00-01
    • View Profile
« Reply #2948 on: 20 June 2014, 08:59:46 pm »
Finally scrapped the burnt carcass of my old 600

Rexr

• WSB Pack Hound
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #2949 on: 20 June 2014, 09:36:58 pm »
Gave it a clean n a wax.....looking good even if I do say so myself.... :lol
Rexr.