Date: 25-04-24  Time: 07:45 am

Author Topic: PENSION QUESTION  (Read 1234 times)

DILLIGAFF

• Muppet

Plucking foccer
    Official FOC-U Saga Lout
    Kock Leeper
  • GP Hero
  • Leeper of cocks
    • Main bike:
      I don't own a bike
    • View Profile
PENSION QUESTION
« on: 02 August 2014, 11:39:44 am »
Hello oh great Oracle.

I know this is nothing to do with bikes but I tried Googling and could not get an answer as edifying as I would expect from FOCCERS.

Q.  I have just started claiming my state pension. When asked about my marital status I declared "Single, never married" as I didn't want the hassle of the ex getting involved and anyway have been divorced since 1989 so feel it has FOC-ALL to do with her.

So if I tell the taxman is it likely to beneficially affect my payments or just entangle me in in form filling and resurrecting long buried acrimonious settlements?????

The benefit of your collective wisdom would be much appreciated  :eek :'(
I used to not give a foc, then I discovered Red Bull and now I don't give a flying foc !!!

red98

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - FZS600,CB400/4,X7,CB250
    • View Profile
Re: PENSION QUESTION
« Reply #1 on: 02 August 2014, 11:54:04 am »
Mmmmmmmm...tough one this, think you got to play safe, these people know more about us than we do....I would have just said single....they know you were once married.....I dont agree with it either but saying that, did'nt the rules change recently, a flat rate for all, married or not ?.....good luck on this one buddy, I think your going to need it.
One, is never going to be enough.....

imax

Top Banana
  • GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 02 August 2014, 12:41:05 pm »
Looks like the questions is to cover the right to use your partner's NI contributions towards your state pension. If your pension is less than £113.10  a week and your partner (even if you're divorced) has enough NI contributions, you may be able to increase your pension up to the £113.10. You lose this option if you remarry or live with someone as if you are married.

https://www.gov.uk/state-pension-through-partner

lew600fazer

• GP Hero
  • There is only one form of racing, road racing.
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - 2017 MT-09 Tracer ABS
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 03 August 2014, 12:17:15 am »
If you have not re-married and not in a relationship just say you are divorced. They will pickup on the fact you where married if they look into your tax affairs, NI contributions, NIS number, did you have kids with your ex? if so you must have paid child support???
The ex is always involved somewhere further down the line. I got divorced in 1977. Married again in 82, thankfully this one is a keeper. I was buying a house in France about 9 years back and had to produce my divorce papers, as I had binned them years ago and could not produce then it held up the purchase by over a month. I had to get new ones , okay did not cost a lot but was a pain in the butt.
When I asked the Notaire what it would have to do with my ex , simple she could under french law been entitled to a share of the value of the property if I had popped my cloggs, same again when buying in Spain. You are just never rid of them.
MT-09 Tracer for those who no longer can handle a BIG boy Fazer

chaz

• WSB Pack Hound
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 03 August 2014, 02:33:46 pm »
I think it's to do with your ex counting on your stamps for her pension, don't think it makes any differance to you? goes back to pre equal rights?

DILLIGAFF

• Muppet

Plucking foccer
    Official FOC-U Saga Lout
    Kock Leeper
  • GP Hero
  • Leeper of cocks
    • Main bike:
      I don't own a bike
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 04 August 2014, 09:15:26 am »
Thanks guys.

So it seems I am not likely to get any more money, just lots of agg.
Also, she may need to contact me when she wants to snag her pension, but as we have not spoken in years probably won't. ;)
I used to not give a foc, then I discovered Red Bull and now I don't give a flying foc !!!

lew600fazer

• GP Hero
  • There is only one form of racing, road racing.
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - 2017 MT-09 Tracer ABS
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 07 August 2014, 01:38:25 pm »
I bet if you win the Euro millions lottery she will,  :rollin
MT-09 Tracer for those who no longer can handle a BIG boy Fazer