Date: 24-04-24  Time: 21:37 pm

Author Topic: Possible mid life crysis  (Read 1946 times)

Sandscorcher

• DAS Born Again
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • View Profile
Possible mid life crysis
« on: 10 April 2014, 06:53:14 pm »
Hi folks,

I'm not new to motorbikes but I have only just got round to passing my (direct access) motorcycle test at age 43 & 11months  :lol , which was just a few weeks back.

I dont really see it as a mid life crysis but other might "they can go n shove their thoughts where the sun dont shine though"
After meeting my wife & starting a family many moons ago I decided bikes would take a back seat untill my children were all grown up.
Now that that is the case I've gone & got my licence & I'm hoping to pick up a fazer  :)

Like many I'll be having to buy a bike with starship miles as the budget is low, but maybe if a bike has lots of miles its been looked after to get as many clocked up, or at least thats what I'm hoping.

Anyway enought for now I'm off to brows about the forums to fill my mind with as much info as possible  ;)

Cheers - Sandscorcher (Lee)

taylor

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • View Profile
Re: Possible mid life crysis
« Reply #1 on: 10 April 2014, 07:01:10 pm »
welcome sandscorcher, good luck with the search  there are plenty of fazers about m8. take your time.
sent from my carafan in tenby, ;)

Watchdog

• Cager in Training
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 10 April 2014, 07:22:41 pm »
Hi Lee, I just joined today as well so welcome to us both.

I had some of the same issues as you but was lucky that bikes were (a small) part of my job!

If you are looking for a "Fazer" take note that things changed in 2005 and it became a very different beast!

For me THE Fazer is 2005 or earlier which were the original design and had carbs not fuel injection. It was also a less "racy" design which is why I have not changed mine in seven years!

Choose which style you want before looking for an actual bike  :D

Regards

Mark
There might be light at the end of the tunnel, but that could mean there is a train coming!!

mark

• DAS Born Again
  • do 1 thing a day that scares you
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - fzs 600 & triumph tiger 885i
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 10 April 2014, 08:07:56 pm »
Hi mate one major thing when getting a fazer make sure it's RED they are the fastest everyone will tell ya apart from a few silly people lol  :lol

stevierst

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - XSR900
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 10 April 2014, 08:26:39 pm »
Hi sandscorcher, and welcome to the foc-ers, and all things fazerish.

Mid life crisis? I've been having one for the past 20 odd years :D

Can't go wrong with a fazer, even 'high mileage' bikes are worth having. A couple on here have broken the 100k  mark. Had 3 600's over the last 12 years, and currently have a gen II thou.

Personally, I'd have a foxeye model any day of the week, you can get an 02 for about £1500^^ just make sure you get the right colour, some on here are delusional about how fast they are! [Stand by for the fallout]
Stop polishing it and ride the bloody thing!!

red98

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - FZS600,CB400/4,X7,CB250
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 10 April 2014, 09:41:56 pm »
Hi lee and welcome......which fazer are you after,600 or 1000 ?
One, is never going to be enough.....

Sandscorcher

• DAS Born Again
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 10 April 2014, 09:56:39 pm »
Thanks for the worm welcome  :thumbup

Personally my fav colour is green but I love the look of the full gold nose faring/Tank & Tail unit.
I couldn't care less if this is regarded as a colour that makes the bike slower  :lol
Who knows what colour bikes will come along while I'm looking :wall

Ohh yea and I'm just going for a 600 for my first big (ish) road bike.

mark

• DAS Born Again
  • do 1 thing a day that scares you
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - fzs 600 & triumph tiger 885i
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 11 April 2014, 07:24:11 am »
I think green is only a slightly slower colour then red but faster than grey and we won't even mention yellow :nana
But I got a 1999 boxeye 600  brill bike for your first bike but u will run the risk of falling into the saame trap as most of us here and not be able to find a bike other than another fazer to replace it  :lol

They get you down the road real well and unless your trying to keep up with full sports bikes u will find the 600 has more then enough grunt for anything u need and comfy too .

Dave48

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - MT-07 Tracer
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 11 April 2014, 07:26:27 am »
Welcome & I think you will be pleasantly surprised by the 600 especially after coming from the restricted direct access bikes! Such an amazingly good all-rounder-take your time looking at the ones for sale-you  will find  mileage isn't the main problem-more likely to be corrosion on uncared for bikes causing probs with exhaust headers/studs/collectors. But there are plenty of good ones as well so take your time choosing!

Dave48

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - MT-07 Tracer
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 11 April 2014, 07:41:53 am »
PS- youre only a youngster- Im 66 & still waiting for the "mid-life" crisis-uppose it would be caused by being FAZERLESS :eek

Dunky

• Club Racer
    • Main bike:
      FZ1 Faired Gen2
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 11 April 2014, 09:35:59 pm »
Hi folks,

I'm not new to motorbikes but I have only just got round to passing my (direct access) motorcycle test at age 43 & 11months  :lol , which was just a few weeks back.

I dont really see it as a mid life crysis but other might "they can go n shove their thoughts where the sun dont shine though"
After meeting my wife & starting a family many moons ago I decided bikes would take a back seat untill my children were all grown up.
Now that that is the case I've gone & got my licence & I'm hoping to pick up a fazer  :)

Like many I'll be having to buy a bike with starship miles as the budget is low, but maybe if a bike has lots of miles its been looked after to get as many clocked up, or at least thats what I'm hoping.

Anyway enought for now I'm off to brows about the forums to fill my mind with as much info as possible  ;)

Cheers - Sandscorcher (Lee)

Welcome to the mad house lol  :rollin
" Dream as if you'll live forever, live as if you'll die tomorrow. "

Dunky

• Club Racer
    • Main bike:
      FZ1 Faired Gen2
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 11 April 2014, 09:37:02 pm »
Hi Lee, I just joined today as well so welcome to us both.

I had some of the same issues as you but was lucky that bikes were (a small) part of my job!

If you are looking for a "Fazer" take note that things changed in 2005 and it became a very different beast!

For me THE Fazer is 2005 or earlier which were the original design and had carbs not fuel injection. It was also a less "racy" design which is why I have not changed mine in seven years!

Choose which style you want before looking for an actual bike  :D

Regards

Mark

And again welcome to the mad house lol  :rollin
" Dream as if you'll live forever, live as if you'll die tomorrow. "