Date: 19-04-24  Time: 08:32 am

Author Topic: MOTOGP  (Read 13840 times)

savvy

• Club Racer
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • View Profile
MOTOGP
« on: 10 February 2015, 05:14:01 pm »
As above a report in the CRASH site that Donington is now not hosting the GP this year.
It is all on the CRASH site.

The Gentleman Biker

• Weekend Warrior
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - FZ400
    • View Profile
Re: MOTOGP
« Reply #1 on: 10 February 2015, 05:28:03 pm »
Bugger I was planning on going!

Tuckerhauser

• DAS Born Again
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - Bmw s1000rr
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 10 February 2015, 05:29:47 pm »
Yup Donny and the circuit of Wales have split!

Race to be back at silverstone in 2015 & 2016 no news on exact date though!

The Gentleman Biker

• Weekend Warrior
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - FZ400
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 10 February 2015, 05:35:19 pm »
Oohh? I assumed the race would now be in Wales? So it's going to be Silverstone this year then?

Grayo

• WSB Pack Hound
  • Another ex Fazer owner still hanging around.
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - Triumph Tiger 1050 Sport
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 10 February 2015, 05:53:47 pm »
Oohh? I assumed the race would now be in Wales?
I will be surprised if it ever happens.

I would love it to happen as it's only about a 30 minute ride for me.

It's going to be built in the middle of nowhere though so it's going to be very difficult for people not familiar with the area to find.

For £300m they could have found a better site for it.
I could change my opinion, but then we'd both be wrong.

Phil

• WSB Pack Hound
    • Main bike:
      Fazer8
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 10 February 2015, 07:40:48 pm »
Oohh? I assumed the race would now be in Wales? 

There is a public enquiry in March about deregistering some common land to get past before they can start building anything.
Last September they decided to run it at Donington for 2015 but it seems they haven't paid Donington for pre-event funding and/or they haven't got a signed contract in place, depending upon whose story you believe.

http://www.circuitofwales.com/#!Circuit-of-Wales-and-the-Planning-Inspectorate-prepare-for-a-public-inquiry/cb87/6C4768D2-9203-4EF6-84CE-43BDF49A7CF9

Phil

• WSB Pack Hound
    • Main bike:
      Fazer8
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 10 February 2015, 07:43:20 pm »
It's going to be built in the middle of nowhere though so it's going to be very difficult for people not familiar with the area to find.

I went for a look around in 2013 and found the site easy.

Its just the sort of area you want in it, out of the way so you can make as much noise as you like.

evesdad

• Weekend Warrior
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - 2010 z1000
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 10 February 2015, 09:03:49 pm »
Hardly middle of nowhere just off a465 heads of the valleys road, by the bit that is currently being turned into a dual carriageway.  15 mins from my house. I would hear it if the wind was in the right direction. Sadly I can't believe it will ever happen :\

Nebuchernezzer

• Weekend Warrior
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • - Ktm250exc
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 10 February 2015, 09:10:33 pm »
That'd be nice to have it so close, the Australian GP is almost a 20 hour drive from me...:|...

lew600fazer

• GP Hero
  • There is only one form of racing, road racing.
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - 2017 MT-09 Tracer ABS
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 10 February 2015, 11:38:00 pm »
£300 million daft money that for an event that can be moved elsewhere at some arseholes whim. Look at F1 and how that we shite Ecellstone behaves. There is a perfectly good circuit in Wales, Trac Mon, what the feck is that all about, any time I have ever been there it is Baltic, wind and rain sweeping in from the Irish sea. These events should be held at already established venues. If this new circuit is being supported by the Welsh assembly, well feck me, think their priority should be to sort out the mess the A&E + Ambulance services are in in Wales before spending silly money on some silly fecking race track that will be used maybe , maybe once a year. Even for other events, BSB , WSB and National club events it will struggle to make money. Track days who is going to drag there sorry ass to Wales knowing that there is a 70% chance it will be pissing down by the time they get there.
It would be far better to build a circuit on the IOM , okay weather can be shite there but at least the IOM has motorcycle racing running through its veins.
I can only think of two Welsh riders that have done a bit in the racing world Ian Lougher & Paul Owen, I am sure there are others but these two spring to mind.
MT-09 Tracer for those who no longer can handle a BIG boy Fazer

Skippernick

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 11 February 2015, 01:41:56 pm »
£300 million daft money that for an event that can be moved elsewhere at some arseholes whim. Look at F1 and how that we shite Ecellstone behaves. There is a perfectly good circuit in Wales, Trac Mon, what the feck is that all about, any time I have ever been there it is Baltic, wind and rain sweeping in from the Irish sea. These events should be held at already established venues. If this new circuit is being supported by the Welsh assembly, well feck me, think their priority should be to sort out the mess the A&E + Ambulance services are in in Wales before spending silly money on some silly fecking race track that will be used maybe , maybe once a year. Even for other events, BSB , WSB and National club events it will struggle to make money. Track days who is going to drag there sorry ass to Wales knowing that there is a 70% chance it will be pissing down by the time they get there.
It would be far better to build a circuit on the IOM , okay weather can be shite there but at least the IOM has motorcycle racing running through its veins.
I can only think of two Welsh riders that have done a bit in the racing world Ian Lougher & Paul Owen, I am sure there are others but these two spring to mind.

From someone who lives in Spain.
Red Heads - Slowly taking over the world!!!

lew600fazer

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 11 February 2015, 01:48:34 pm »
From someone who lives in Spain but also has a home in Hoylake on the Wirral.
So what is the point you are trying to make?
I do still actually attend race meetings be it Oulton Park or the NW 200, Ulster Grand Prix , Last Moto GP I went to was here in Spain Valencia last year.
 :finger

savvy

• Club Racer
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 11 February 2015, 03:20:21 pm »
Big pity they cannot upgrade Oulton Park :D

taylor

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 11 February 2015, 05:14:15 pm »
you wanna stay in the spain with that attitude, and lay off the whisky a bit, :lol
sent from my carafan in tenby, ;)

Hedgetrimmer

• GP Hero
  • FOC-U official topiary expert
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 11 February 2015, 05:49:35 pm »
Sod the Circuit of Wales - give us Welsh road racing!  :smash

taylor

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 11 February 2015, 06:09:38 pm »
we already have that every sunday nick lol, me and a lot of people in my trade, groundworks paving etc etc, have put in for contracts on this job, worth a lot of money, to me and them.

lew600fazer

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 11 February 2015, 06:27:25 pm »
you wanna stay in the spain with that attitude, and lay off the whisky a bit, :lol

Yea maybe your right , I will stay in Spain, to many foreigners in the UK. Thing is do I go out on the Fazer tomorrow , or the next day or the day after that or maybe even  the day after that, spoilt really with the weather here you see. Now what to have for an apero before dinner should it be a glass of beer 35 cents, a G&T, bottle cost me €7.00 or shall I have a wee dram of Tullymore dew think I paid €11.00 for that ah! I know my wife has just asked me to open a nice bottle of Rioja vino tinto €23.00 a case.
Women eh! she just reminded me to go and fill the car up with Diesel @ € 1.07 a litre but I will need to fill the bike up as well oh dear that is going to cost me €1.18 a litre, just as well the £is doing well v the €1.35 today.

Yea I think I will stay in Rip off Spain. Now you all look out for yourselves in the cold , wet and windy Britian. :lol :lol

Have to admit though would really like a nice leg of Welsh lamb , that cannot be found out here  :(

Skippernick

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 11 February 2015, 08:41:48 pm »

Yea maybe your right , I will stay in Spain, to many foreigners in the UK. Thing is do I go out on the Fazer tomorrow , or the next day or the day after that or maybe even  the day after that, spoilt really with the weather here you see. Now what to have for an apero before dinner should it be a glass of beer 35 cents, a G&T, bottle cost me €7.00 or shall I have a wee dram of Tullymore dew think I paid €11.00 for that ah! I know my wife has just asked me to open a nice bottle of Rioja vino tinto €23.00 a case.
Women eh! she just reminded me to go and fill the car up with Diesel @ € 1.07 a litre but I will need to fill the bike up as well oh dear that is going to cost me €1.18 a litre, just as well the £is doing well v the €1.35 today.

Yea I think I will stay in Rip off Spain. Now you all look out for yourselves in the cold , wet and windy Britian. :lol :lol

Have to admit though would really like a nice leg of Welsh lamb , that cannot be found out here  :(

How to make friends and influence people!
Red Heads - Slowly taking over the world!!!

lew600fazer

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 11 February 2015, 10:03:13 pm »

Skippernick you started it.

Taylor will take your advice and stay in Spain.

Just hope the UK economy keeps improving. Don't you just love to see the exchange rate £ V € getting better every day. My pensions have increased by just over €180.00 since last month.
A wee tip if you are planning on spending your holidays in the Euro zone this year just hang on for a couple of months before buying your Euros, but buy before May general elections in the UK.
My mate has just phoned three of us meeting up tomorrow for a rideout, will post some photos.

Hedgetrimmer

• GP Hero
  • FOC-U official topiary expert
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 11 February 2015, 11:03:19 pm »

Skippernick you started it.

Taylor will take your advice and stay in Spain.

Just hope the UK economy keeps improving. Don't you just love to see the exchange rate £ V € getting better every day. My pensions have increased by just over €180.00 since last month.
A wee tip if you are planning on spending your holidays in the Euro zone this year just hang on for a couple of months before buying your Euros, but buy before May general elections in the UK.
My mate has just phoned three of us meeting up tomorrow for a rideout, will post some photos.

And this all has to do with MotoGP.....what, exactly? The weather? Cheap booze? The exchange rate? Beats the foc outta me  :\

Dead Eye

• GP Hero
  • What doesn't kill me, will only make me stronger.
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - FZS600 00-01
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 12 February 2015, 12:11:07 am »
 :hijack :hijack :hijack

midden

• Operation Foc-UTree
  • GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • - Falcon Stealth
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 12 February 2015, 07:02:05 am »
Talk motorbikes on a motorbike forum?
  That would be like wasting a sick day by being ill  :eek
Women have chocolate men have bikes.....
including ones who like chocolate....;)

lew600fazer

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 12 February 2015, 08:39:42 am »
www.crash.net
All the info for dates and venues for Moto GP, WSB & BSB found here.
More of a roads fan myself.
Think Savvy may have posted the site on his first post about this.
Is this post okay or will I need to run it past the Guru's on here.

taylor

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 13 February 2015, 08:49:50 pm »
of all the imagrants in spain, we get Cyril the squirrel from blow and go.            drinking his cheap plonk and commenting on the welsh and british economy.              I suggest you keep an eye on your adopted country,s  economy  and take a look at there unemployment figures.  GREAT BRITAIN is the finest country in the world, something to be proud of my friend, that's why people want to live here,, although some do struggle on there pensions, that's why they go abroad, I had a place in sharm el sheik, very cheap but not up to british standards, fuel and whisky is far cheaper there if  that's your poison .     happy biking in the sun.. 8)

HovBiker

• CBT Wobbler
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 13 February 2015, 11:45:12 pm »
I live less than five minures from the proposed site of this track and have been following its planning for a few years. the track has been controversial and had obstacles put in its way from the start.one final hurdle to overcome is the reallocation of the common land that the public enquiry is the subject of in march.if this is overcome then it will be built. I can't wait for it to be built for a number of reasons but mainly due to the potential economic live line it gives the area and also the fact its going to be world class venue..im no buisnessman so dont know how financially viable it is in long term but if it creates any jobs in an area raped for its natural resources in the past making cardiff /uk rich and then abandoned is good news by me.id rather see money put into this than the proposed electrication of the valleys lines which will cost more just to make a five mins saving on a hr train journey!
It is easy to get to and has  good road links with the new dualling Of the A465 to the m4/m5.its also in one of the best motorbike riding areas of the uk with brecon beacons and mid wales stone throw away..if they build it ,they WILL come .....rant over!!!